Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2020 6:13 pm  #431

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

I cant.

7/07/2020 12:55 pm  #432

GoRedSox96 wrote:

I'm a newcomer to this site and my favorite team will probably be Boston or Washington beacause i was born and raised in Beantown but i currently live in Virginia. So i will have 2 favorites. And geographically speaking (not to be a jerk or anything) shouldn't Milwaukee be in the west or this a Dallas Cowboys kinda thing were there is a far west team in a division surrounded by East Coast teams? 

I asked her about this too! Go Figure!

By the way My phone number is [redacted]

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (7/07/2020 2:56 pm)

7/07/2020 1:23 pm  #433

I mean, common sense says don't put your phone number on any message board on the internet.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/07/2020 1:25 pm  #434

bruh

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/07/2020 3:01 pm  #435

LukeToussaint wrote:

The new uniforms are cool. wonder if the blue ox in the logo is named Babe.
The barbarian in Milwaukee's Logo Should be named Hannover Hermann.
​And the Bulldog should be named Billy Froscholi, and the Seattle Lumberjack should be named Lumbardis.
The Hornet in Philadelphia's l0go should be called Joey Hornet.

Though I have referred to the current Pirates primary as Pete the Pirate, I don't plan on naming any mascots, at least as of yet.

GoRedSox96 wrote:

I'm a newcomer to this site and my favorite team will probably be Boston or Washington beacause i was born and raised in Beantown but i currently live in Virginia. So i will have 2 favorites. And geographically speaking (not to be a jerk or anything) shouldn't Milwaukee be in the west or this a Dallas Cowboys kinda thing were there is a far west team in a division surrounded by East Coast teams? 

The reason the Barbs are in the east and not the west is because they just relocated from Pittsburgh, the NFA doesn't realign the divisions for a relocated team. Future expansions will maybe result in a realignment, but for right now the divisions are set.

Finally,
Stay on topic. I shouldn't have to come and clean up a mess of comments every time I want to post something to my thread. Try and get all your ideas into 1 or 2 comments, and don't post unnecessary chitchat. If you want to talk to someone personally, PM them, we have that feature for a reason.

7/08/2020 10:04 am  #436

GoRedSox96 wrote:

1964-65 Football Predictions (NFA/SFA)  
NFA East                                                                            SFA Season (this is just a wild guess)
1. Boston Gaels (11-1)                                                         1. Birmingham Anvils
2. New York Cannons (10-2)                                                2. Houston Voyagers
3. Baltimore Bulldogs (9-3)                                                   3. Miami Stingrays
4. Cleveland Rangers (6-6)                                                  4. Atlanta Copperheads
5. Washington Pirates (5-7)                                                  5. Texas Roughriders
6. Milwaukee Barbarians (3-9)                                              6. New Orleans Revelers
7. Philadelphia Trash-I mean, Hornets (0-12)
West
1. Minneapolis Blue Ox (10-2)
2. Los Angeles Tigers (10-2)
3. Detroit Bombers (8-4)
4. Chicago Zephyrs (7-5)
5. San Francisco Whales (5-7)
6. Seattle Lumberjacks (2-10)

Hornets are going 2-10. Finals Prediction: Blue Ox vs Gaels.

Last edited by BlogDunk (7/08/2020 3:34 pm)

7/08/2020 3:34 pm  #437

Next city to get an expansion team: Cincinnati and Kansas City.

7/08/2020 3:56 pm  #438

Wallflower wrote:

Lots happening with the SFL starting up. I like seeing how the leagues will likely affect each other and how it will change how the leagues are run as a whole.
I like the Blue Ox update overall. Shifting further towards sky blue and white, with minimal Navy, which is a cool colour scheme. 

Section30 wrote:

The update for the Ox looks good, I agree with Dan that emphasising powder and white is a good move. I'm a big fan of the stripe style as well, reminds me of the old Vikings jersey stripes

Sorry I'm getting to these two comments a bit late, but I'm glad I pleased the two Ox fans with this update! I'm glad someone picked up on the Vikes inspiration too.
As for the SFL, they definitely are starting off well for them, outside of the racist controversies, which is looking like the only thing that could sink this ship right now.

Now onto the 64-65 Season!

1964-65 NFA Season: 

NFA East:
1.Boston Gaels: The story of the East this year were the Gaels. Boston jumped out of the gates with their best start in a couple years. Led by MVP RB Stevie Parks, they avenged their disappointing season last season by clinching the number one seed and the bye in the first round of this year's postseason. With Parks’ MVP, the Gaels also became the second team to have both an MVP RB and QB on the same team, the other team being the Zephyrs. It wasn’t only Parks who had a good year either, QB Donald McCloud had a bounce back year and put up some solid numbers. The defense was benefited by the lowered competition thanks to the SFL but they were still pretty strong for what was thought to be an aging core. 
2.Baltimore Bulldogs: In second were the surprise of the season, the Bulldogs. Baltimore clinched the second seed in a close win over New York in week 13 of the season, giving them home field in the wild card round. Although the team was drastically up and down, when they were clicking they seemed unstoppable. With rookie RB Edgar Hamm winning himself the MOR award, sophomore OLB Bob Hayes coming second in the MOD award voting, and blow out wins over Seattle and Los Angeles early in the season creating a lot of hype around QB Grayson Little,  who finally seemed to live up to his name, the team looked prime to sweep the awards and put up one of the best seasons by a team not named the Zephyrs in NFA history. But like I said, the team was volatile, 3 of their 4 losses came against below .500 losses in the second half of the season and the team showed some glaring weaknesses at times. Nonetheless, the team was great and is a definite Champions Bowl contender. 
3.New York Cannons: After the ‘Dogs were the reigning Champions Bowl victors, the New York Cannons. New York followed up last season with another impressive season led by a stellar defense. The crowned jewel of that defensive brigade being MOD award winner; DE Greg Waterson. However, much to the dismay of the team, the offense that was just enough to win them a Bowl last season completely imploded towards the end of the season. Of course the defense was able to make up for this and control the damage, but they could only do some much. With a 8-3 record going into the last week of the season, the advantage over Boston in a tiebreaker situation, New York was primed for the top seed in the postseason, instead the offense had the pinnacle of their implosion and put up one of their worst games that season. The team has potential, but unless the offense gets it under control, their game against Los Angeles next week, a rematch of last year’s Champions Bowl, will be an easy win for LA.
4.Philadelphia Hornets: The East standings were split pretty foundly between two groups of teams this season, so in a way Philadelphia clinched the one seed, just the one seed of the worser group of the two. The Hornets had one of their best seasons in years, granted it was only 4 wins, but they didn’t look near as incompetent as in years past and QB Burt O’Connor had a bit of a bounce back year, finally. Their young pieces showed some potential despite RB Tom Fowlers progress taking a big step backwards this year. DT Tom Larkin, the first pick in the draft this year played well, but he was outshined in his position by some others who were picked later in his draft, which seemingly killed his confidence, leading to his play only getting worse as the season continued.
5.Cleveland Rangers: Next up were the Rangers who continued their way back into relevance. Cleveland had a good season, QB Kurtis Mueller was a top 3 QB in the East and led the team to a couple big wins over the Tigers and Bulldogs. But that’s where the compliments unfortunately stop. One of the biggest holes in the Rangers team was the disappearance of WR talent. WRs Rick Christian and Jose Pollard were chosen together in the draft a couple years ago and put up decent numbers their first couple years but this season were far and wide the worst receiving pair in the league. So much so the team had a deal set up to send them both to Seattle in exchange for some picks and WR Jim Churchwell, but it fell through for the better or worse and left Mueller throwing to a couple of butterfingers. To cap it off the defense was mostly mediocre and middle of the pack, which in some way is an improvement over the past couple years.
6.Milwaukee Barbarians: Oh how happy the city of Pittsburgh is to see the team that once called them home plummet to the bottom of the standings. In 6th place, we have the Milwaukee Barbarians. With their roster in shambles after the offseason, the team failed to resemble any of the previous 2 seasons and were ranked at the bottom of the power rankings come week 13. The only bright side for the team was that the only way from here is up. QB William Brown, the last pick of last year's first round pick, was actually the best QB in the draft, he wasn’t great but he didn’t disappoint quite like QB John Leonard did for San Fran.
7.Washington Pirates: In last place in the standings were the Pirates. Only their 5th losing season in franchise history, all 25 seasons of history, and they were only this bad because of some injuries and aging pieces. QB Doug “Dougie” Emmonds was out most of the season and that resulted in veteran RB Jack Dorsey and rookie RB Chester Lindsey taking the lead on offense. Lindsey showed potential and took over leading all by himself some games which was valuable experience but he could only do so much. On defense, DE Monty Jones was phenomenal again and even came 5th in MVP voting despite only coming 3rd in MOD voting and his team only getting 3 wins.  

NFA West:
1.Minneapolis Blue Ox: Finishing on top of the West for the second time in a row were the Blue Ox. Minneapolis doubled down on last season and put up their best record in team history. QB Eugene Addams seemingly reversed the process of aging by putting up his best season since probably 1959. The team around him was pretty great too. Offseason additions to the o-line and defense covered up some of the holes the team had last season, and improved some of the already good pieces they had. There’s not many negatives to this time outside of the embarrassing loss to Seattle at home. They, much like in the NFA West Championship last year, got out run by a young quick offense, which led them getting beat by two scores at home. That’s the fear for the postseason, they have a two weeks to prepare for either Seattle and Los Angeles’ big offenses to try and prevent disappointing the fanbase again.
2.Los Angeles Tigers: In second were reigning Champions Bowl runner-ups, Los Angeles. The Tigers kinda had a pretty mirror season to last. The offense was the best in the league, and the defense held the team back. They once again banked on out gunning all their opponents and for the most part, it worked again. QB Keith Lincoln didn’t repeat as MVP but he was in the conversation, RB Sam Peck was a quality rusher, and the o-line and wide receiver group did their groups well. The defense was led by CB Daniel Simmons, who was actually pretty impressive for his position, helping LA climb up the rankings in pass defense. The Tigers continued to get trampled by the run game however.
3.Seattle Lumberjacks: The winner of the second wildcard spot, making their postseason debut, is Seattle. The Jacks had a mediocre season but lucked out with a top heavy West. Led by their defense, which wasn’t expected to be as notable as they were, the Jacks managed to put up with some of the more lethal offenses this year. Like a less extreme New York, the defense, led by DT Glen Sawyer, carried when the offense left them hanging. QB Micheal Baeur wasn’t horrific but he’s yet to replicate his impressive rookie season that had many Jacks fans foaming at the mouth. But outside of Bauer the offense was horrific, the o-line was the worst in the West and seemingly let the defense get a hit on Bauer every play, which is speculative to why he’s been disappointing. 
T4:Chicago Zephyrs & Detroit Bombers: Coming in, tied at 4th were the Rust Belt Rivals; Detroit and Chicago. Both teams had a bittersweet season to say the least, as they saw their star studded teams, that shared so many battles together in the West, enter the twilight of their lifespan. Both teams played as expected, pretty middle of the pack and boring. Hogg and Henderson both shared time with backups and helped transition into a mentor role to the team's younger pieces. RB Charley Rodgers had a fantastic year for Detroit and was a head and shoulders above anyone else on either team talent wise, and was as close as ever to that elusive MVP award. Defensively both teams were similar to their offense, washed up. There were some bright spots that showed through occasionally though, such as OLB Eli Webber for Chicago, and LB Guy Salmon and DE Curly Smith for Detroit.
6.San Francisco Whales: Finally, in last place in the West was San Francisco. The Whales weren’t far off from a postseason spot, they were up and down but that was expected of the young team. However what wasn’t expected was QB John Leonard being a seemingly big bust. Chosen with the 5th pick in the draft, San Francisco was hoping he might be the piece they were missing, instead he went out there and stunk up the place, continuing the Whales trend of bad draft picks that's now gotten the coaching staff and front office into hot water. But it wasn’t all bad, the team did win 5 games, which isn’t bad in the scheme of things. OT Preston Allen became a big offseason acquisition as him and the o-line helped RB Sid Snell seemingly always have a hole to run through, which is perfect. Speaking of Snell he kinda bucked the trend of Whales draft picks being disappointing with another solid season, splitting time with RB Rob Dimitroff. On defense, DT Dale Hinton was okay, although not horrible, he’s not progressing like hoped and neither was LB Aaron Rose. All in all the team could’ve been a lot worse and that’s all fans could ask for. 

1964-65 NFA Standings:
NFA East:
2.Boston Gaels: 9-3-0
3.Baltimore Bulldogs: 8-4-0

5.New York Cannons: 8-4-0
Philadelphia Hornets: 4-8-0
Cleveland Rangers: 4-8-0
Milwaukee Barbarians: 3-9-0
Washington Pirates: 3-9-0 

NFA West: 
1.Minneapolis Blue Ox: 11-1-0
4.Los Angeles Tigers: 8-4-0
6.Seattle Lumberjacks: 6-6-0
Chicago Zephyrs: 5-6-1

Detroit Bombers: 5-6-1
San Francisco Whales: 5-7-0
*Bold indicates a postseason berth, number indicates seed 

The Most Valuable Player Award went to RB Stevie Parks of the Boston Gaels.
The Most Outstanding Defender Award went to DE Greg Waterson of the New York Cannons.
The Most Outstanding Rookie Award went to RB Edgar Hamm of the Baltimore Bulldogs.
The Most Outstanding Coach Award went to Bill Montague of the Boston Gaels.

Here's the bracket for this postseason!

C&C Appreciated! How'd your team do?

7/08/2020 4:12 pm  #439

What a season, only losing once is really impressive if I do say so myself 
Here's to bringing it home!

Lets Go Ox!

7/08/2020 4:47 pm  #440

Quite the season! The bottom of the west was pretty tight.
But at the top!! Let's Go Blue Ox! 
Please, don't let us down...

Board footera