Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2020 10:36 pm  #201

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Winter Classic --> Jack Frost Series

Stadium Series --> Outer Limits Classic

Global Series --> Culture Cup Challenge (Winner gets the Culture Cup)

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/17/2020 10:55 pm  #202

Winter Classic- New Year's Classic? Hold it on New Year's day or Eve?

Stadium Series- Throw Ahead the Clock Series, take the modern side of the Stadium Series and kick it into overdrive.

Global Series- Exploration Series

4/17/2020 11:58 pm  #203

WC: Whiteout Warfare
SS: Eternal Challenge
GC: Atlas Championship (Atlas is a Titan who, as depicted in the statue, holds up the world as punishment.)

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/18/2020 12:08 am  #204

Winter Classic: Yuletide Classic (Hold it on Christmas Day or Boxing Day)

Stadium Series: Streamline Series (I imagine teams using regular versions of their color jerseys, but without white)

Global Challenge: International Series

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/18/2020 12:34 am  #205

WC - Frozen Face off
SS - Horizon Challenge
GC - International Cup

Last edited by Section30 (4/18/2020 12:35 am)

4/18/2020 6:47 am  #206

All good ideas so far.  Just remember the time of the game will depend on when those teams meet in the regular season.  Most fantasy sites won't let us control the schedule.  So linking it to a holiday may be difficult.  

4/18/2020 8:09 am  #207

WC - Frostbite Face-off
SS - Future Face-off
GC - Foreign Face-off

4/18/2020 9:59 am  #208

WC: Frosty Feud
SS: Hometown Havoc
GC: Commotion Across the Pond

4/18/2020 11:13 am  #209

Winter Classic: Holiday Classic - held between Christmas and New Year's and features more "classic" teams.
Stadium Series: Civic Series - Unis are inspired by other teams/civic icons from the host city and the opposing city, like the "City" jerseys from the NBA except done well.
Global Series: Terra Firma Cup - any team is eligible, alternates every year between traditional hockey countries like Norway, Sweden, etc. and less traditional markets like Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc.

Also, this is just a question: on the map with polygons, why is it that Chicago and Montreal get their affiliates marked as territory but I don't get Washington? I can understand Greensboro, given how close it is to Charlotte, but it seems like I should get the DMV area.

4/18/2020 11:34 am  #210

QCS wrote:

Winter Classic: Holiday Classic - held between Christmas and New Year's and features more "classic" teams.
Stadium Series: Civic Series - Unis are inspired by other teams/civic icons from the host city and the opposing city, like the "City" jerseys from the NBA except done well.
Global Series: Terra Firma Cup - any team is eligible, alternates every year between traditional hockey countries like Norway, Sweden, etc. and less traditional markets like Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc.

Also, this is just a question: on the map with polygons, why is it that Chicago and Montreal get their affiliates marked as territory but I don't get Washington? I can understand Greensboro, given how close it is to Charlotte, but it seems like I should get the DMV area.

We can take a look at it.  I can ask JamHeronArk about it. He had a science behind it that included minor league influence but it wouldn't trump the territory of the major league team.  But we can check it out.

Last edited by Gritty (4/18/2020 11:38 am)

Board footera