Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2020 2:44 am  #151

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

The Halcyon Sports Group revealed the identities of their minor league affiliates for the Halifax Kingfishers.

Up first is the Moncton Magnetics. A pair of colliding magnets forms a styled M and the team sports the Kingfishers' orange as a primary along with black, green and white. A retro Art Deco stylization is used for the number face and lettering. The alternate takes on the green and orange combo sans black with a full length sleeve yoke and simplified striping.

Up next is the Cape Breton Highlanders, based on the renowned Highlander Regiment of the Canadian Army stationed in Sydney. The team uses a dark red and yellow combo in a nod to the Scottish rampart lion flag, along with taking the lion medallion and combining it with the badge of the Highlander Regiment which uses a gold maple leaf. The uniforms carry over the striping patterns from the Kingfishers as well as the number face and lettering. A yellow alternate with retro cursive lettering and a smaller logo and double striping completes the set.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/13/2020 6:45 pm  #152

Introducing the Montreal Chevaliers farm system!

Les Rouges will have their top farm team in St. John's New Foundland.  They are a passionate hockey town and will keep the 'call ups' relatively close to Montreal.  St. John's team will be the Walrus.  Powerful and fierce the Walrus will serve the Chevs well in developing talent.  The Walrus share its colors with the Chevaliers.  The Walrus fits well with other AAA teams in Moncton, Gatineau, Maine, and Hartford.

The AA team will be in the city of New Orleans.  Montreal and New Orleans share a lot of French heritage including various monster stories.  In both Quebec and Louisiana there are stories of Garous or Werewolves.  The Werewolves share grays of the Chevs but their uniforms will include black, purple, green and gold.  The Garous will enjoy southern rivalries with Myrtle Beach and Daytona.

4/13/2020 7:14 pm  #153

Great work, as usual!

4/13/2020 7:40 pm  #154

Today, The Buffalo Barrels, The new AAA affiliate club of the Toronto Terriers, unveiled the logo the club will use for their inaugural season. The logo, inspired by hockey clubs of the past, features an aerial view of the top of a barrel with a block B on it. The team colors are black, brown, and white. “I think that it’s retro, and that the fans in Buffalo will like it.”, said Rick Fetcher, Terriers team owner and designer of the new mark. The Barrels were named for nearby Niagara Falls and the famous stories of people riding it in barrels. The Vermont Syrup Kings, the Terriers’ AA team in Burlington, have yet to unveil their logo.

In an effort to gain traction for the inaugural season of the team, The Barrels have announced a uniform design contest. Rules and regulations here:

*The management does not really care about whether the colored jersey is brown or black, but they advise a more traditional asthetic, to go along with the logo.
*Terriers primary must be used as shoulder patch to signify affiliation.
*Alternates are permitted.
*Entries are due to be Pmed to me by Thursday, April 23.

After that, I will put together a poll, and you can vote on which jersey you like!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/13/2020 9:01 pm  #155

Here are the Narwhals and Spartans looks!

4/13/2020 11:00 pm  #156

Gritty wrote:

Les Rouges will have their top farm team in St. John's New Foundland.  They are a passionate hockey town and will keep the 'call ups' relatively close to Montreal.  St. John's team will be the Walrus.  Powerful and fierce the Walrus will serve the Chevs well in developing talent.  The Walrus share its colors with the Chevaliers.  The Walrus fits well with other AAA teams in Moncton, Gatineau, Maine, and Hartford.

I think that will be a fantastic rivalry and I love that walrus. I can't imagine other teams will enjoy traveling up to Newfoundland, so that will be a real home ice advantage.

I'm digging everyone's choices for names and logos so far!

4/14/2020 5:48 am  #157

First, I want to give 3 Point a huge shout-out for designing my farm league teams!  I think he did a fantastic job with them and I think you'll agree they look great!  Thank You again 3 Point!

For the Los Angeles Titans farm league teams, they took advantage of California's many large cities and kept them local.   First we have the AAA team, the Sacramento Whales!  This classic looking team has actually been around since 1955, having been a minor league team for multiple franchises until the Titans took over back in 1972.  They've remained the Titans AAA team ever since.  For those curious, the blue jersey is the primary home jersey, the white is of course the away jersey, and the yellow jersey is the alternate.  

I wanted a team that had an identity that looked like it was the same for many years, and I definitely think 3 Point hit the ball out of the park here!

And then we have the AA squad, the Long Beach Surf!  This is a newer team, having only been around since 1993 and have always been associated with the Los Angeles Titans.  This definitely has the flavor I was hoping for, so once again a great job by 3 Point!   Despite not directly running the team, Titans owner Stickman was such a big fan of the pink alternate jersey, (it reminded him of an ocean side sunset) that he directed that the Surf make it the new primary jersey and designed the yellow wave jersey to be the new alternate.  Stickman has since denied rumors that he literally bopped one employee on the head for arguing against the move, (for the record the employee felt the style of the yellow jersey matched the white jersey too much to make such a move).  

4/14/2020 9:15 am  #158

I fired up the ol' Google to see how in the heck a team in Sacramento would be named the Whales, and wouldn't you know it, some actual whales have swam up the dadgum Sacramento River almost all the way up to the city. If your mascot isn't named Humphrey you're missing out big time.

Beyond that little history lesson, the Whales are a fantastic identity! 3PT nailed that look for sure. I also love the secondary S-tail logo. And then we have the Surf. Holy smokes. If there was ever a team from 1993, this is it. That gradient hurts me but I can't look away.

@Dr.Pepper, your narwhal logo is fantastic! Love what you did with that.

4/14/2020 10:07 am  #159

Steelman wrote:

The Halcyon Sports Group revealed the identities of their minor league affiliates for the Halifax Kingfishers.

Up first is the Moncton Magnetics. A pair of colliding magnets forms a styled M and the team sports the Kingfishers' orange as a primary along with black, green and white. A retro Art Deco stylization is used for the number face and lettering. The alternate takes on the green and orange combo sans black with a full length sleeve yoke and simplified striping.

Up next is the Cape Breton Highlanders, based on the renowned Highlander Regiment of the Canadian Army stationed in Sydney. The team uses a dark red and yellow combo in a nod to the Scottish rampart lion flag, along with taking the lion medallion and combining it with the badge of the Highlander Regiment which uses a gold maple leaf. The uniforms carry over the striping patterns from the Kingfishers as well as the number face and lettering. A yellow alternate with retro cursive lettering and a smaller logo and double striping completes the set.

Steelman, those green thirds for Moncton are hideous, and I love them!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/14/2020 10:39 am  #160

Can anyone give me a list of cities/teams currently in the Farm Leagues so I don't accidentally infringe on others' territories?

Board footera