Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2019 11:19 pm  #61

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

FC Macbeth wrote:

Why isn't 'Chicago Blazers' or 'Chicago Inferno' part of the name-the-team contest? Sure, MLS already had the Chicago Fire but I liked the two names better than the three suggested.

The seem really modern for the team. Blazers also seems much more fitting for a florida team imo. 

Now, as of now we have a tie between Detroit and Cleveland for the second spot. So I'll ask y'all. 

Detroit or Cleveland?

10/01/2019 11:44 pm  #62

For the era, Detroit was a bigger market than Cleveland, so I'll go with a vote for Detroit.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/02/2019 5:35 am  #63

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

Why isn't 'Chicago Blazers' or 'Chicago Inferno' part of the name-the-team contest? Sure, MLS already had the Chicago Fire but I liked the two names better than the three suggested.

The seem really modern for the team. Blazers also seems much more fitting for a florida team imo. 

Now, as of now we have a tie between Detroit and Cleveland for the second spot. So I'll ask y'all. 

Detroit or Cleveland?

I say Detroit.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

10/02/2019 5:41 am  #64

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

Detroit or Cleveland?

And by the way, why would 'Blazers' nickname be fit for a team in Florida anyway? Any sort of connections with Florida?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

10/02/2019 9:53 am  #65

Between those two I would go with Detroit6.2.6

10/02/2019 1:15 pm  #66

I would go with Detroit over Cleveland, and I love the name Blazers.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/02/2019 1:45 pm  #67

If you wanted to go with the fire theme I think Dragons could be interesting.6.2.6

10/02/2019 2:32 pm  #68

Detroit

10/02/2019 7:06 pm  #69

Detroit

10/02/2019 7:44 pm  #70

FC Macbeth wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

Detroit or Cleveland?

And by the way, why would 'Blazers' nickname be fit for a team in Florida anyway? Any sort of connections with Florida?

Well Blazers=Fire, to me at least. And while in theory it works for Chicago, it's a bit modern for the era, and doesn't capture the essence of an old Chicago team that I wanted for the Zephyrs.

So here are the results of the Expansion Council!
In first, and a runaway winner at that was Chicago! 
In second we had a tie, both Detroit and Cleveland received 2 votes so we had a tiebreaker. Detroit won that significantly!

So for the 1951 season the NFA will be giving a franchise to Chicago and Detroit!

Thank you guys so much for all the participation! I'll have the 1950 season and Champions Bowl up soon and then after I'll reveal the identities.

Board footera