Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2019 4:43 pm  #91

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

GO IRONMEN! Kicked those little tigers in their heineys!

The Tigers gonna move to NYC, maybe Brooklyn? (Not sure where the Cannons' are located in NYC)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/26/2019 7:04 pm  #92

Steelman wrote:

The Tigers gonna move to NYC, maybe Brooklyn? (Not sure where the Cannons' are located in NYC)

I'm glad you're happy the Ironmen won! It was well deserved. Especially considering most of the Ironmen roster are now on the decline. Next year could be the teams last chance at a Champions Bowl. I could whip a sig for you if you'd be interested.

You're a little off on the Tigers relocation. The Cannons play in Brooklyn. Although they've been all over the city. The Tigers won't be joining them though. Their owner hasn't said much but rumor has it they might go west. Whether it's St. Louis or Los Angeles though, it's still up to find out!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (11/26/2019 7:05 pm)

11/26/2019 7:09 pm  #93

1952-53 Offseason Part 1:

The first ever NFA Draft also took place this offseason.
Leading up to the draft we saw Bombers trade QB Louis Thompson to Boston for some meddling pieces. This trade makes it obvious they were going to take either of the top 2 prospects. QB Houston Henderson out of Philadelphia Christian College, reigning ACSA champions, or QB Eugene Addams out of New Orleans State University.
Once draft day came we found out. With the first ever NFA draft pick, in a hotel conference room in Boston, MA, the Detroit Bombers selected QB Houston Henderson out of Philadelphia Christian College. The following 1st round picks went as followed.

2nd- Philadelphia Hornets- QB Eugene Addams- New Orleans State
3rd- Washington Pirates- LE Clay Oldham- Pittsburgh State
4th- Boston Gaels- FB Travis Tidwell- Jackson
5th- Chicago Zephyrs- DT James Carpenter- Wisconsin State
6th- New York Cannons- DG Eddie Price- Steele University
7th- Buffalo Tigers- HB Adam Morrision- Philadelphia Christian
8th- Pittsburgh Ironmen- C Joe Watson- Lake Michigan 
9th- Detroit Bombers- RB Elliot Sandusky- Cincinnati State
10th- Philadelphia Hornets- DT Donald Colo- Eastern Pennsylvania 

We had another  big moves in the offseason. Washington Pirates legend, Terrence Gaines, left for the twilight of his career in Chicago. Gaines, still an above average QB is an upgrade for a Zephyrs team looking for a boost.

Finally, NFA commissions every team to add plastic helmets to the uniforms, as it’s been deemed safer than the current options. Every teams new look will be in the next post. They also announced that starting next year neutral sites will hold the Champions Bowl.  

The first 3 neutral sites are: 
1953: Centennial Field- New York, NY
1954: Barber Field- Chicago, IL
1955: National Stadium- Washington, D.C.

To be continued...

*All colleges and universities are made up by me.

11/26/2019 7:36 pm  #94

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Steelman wrote:

I'm glad you're happy the Ironmen won! It was well deserved. Especially considering most of the Ironmen roster are now on the decline. Next year could be the teams last chance at a Champions Bowl. I could whip a sig for you if you'd be interested.

You're a little off on the Tigers relocation. The Cannons play in Brooklyn. Although they've been all over the city. The Tigers won't be joining them though. Their owner hasn't said much but rumor has it they might go west. Whether it's St. Louis or Los Angeles though, it's still up to find out!

Curious if NYC will get any love in the next expansion then.

Seems a bit early for Los Angeles but St Louis would have been a huge market and natural Chicago rivalry in this decade. That’ll be an interesting development. Kinda feel bad for Buffalo though.

I’ll take an Ironman sig, in the size of my THL sig if possible. With the championships listed.

11/27/2019 2:36 pm  #95

1952-53 Offseason Part 2:

About half way through the offseason, the news broke about where the Tigers would relocate. Some thinking they'll be setting up shop in the Big Apple, some thinking they'll go as far as the Pacific Coast. But the Buffalo Tigers will be relocating to St. Louis, Missouri. The Tigers have called Buffalo home since 1938. Starting off in the NEFL, they joined the NFA in 1948. Their owner stated that they hope to gain more population and revenue with the relocation. He was also really close with the local baseball team owner. Which is why they will be sharing Olympian Park with said baseball team.
They announced their look, which was also the first team to announce their look since the updated helmet rules. They kept the same logo just recolored it to the new black and orange scheme, but rehauled the uniforms completely.

Let me know what you think about the St. Louis Tigers! I should have the rest of the teams up later today!

11/27/2019 9:32 pm  #96

1952-53 Offseason Part 3

The rest of the teams unveiled their updates not long after the Tigers announced their relocation.

The Pirates and the Zephyrs were the only team to make a change outside of the helmets. Washington emphasized white and tried to keep red at home and blue on the road. They also updated their logo to a illustration of a pirate rather than a skull and cross bones. Chicago kept the same uniforms but updated their logo. Drawing inspiration from the actual Zephyrs company logo.

All the other teams kept the same look.

C&C Appreciated! Let me know what you think of Chicago and Washington's new looks.

11/27/2019 11:39 pm  #97

LOVE the new logo for Chicago. 

I also like the update to the Pirates uniforms, but I'm gonna miss the skull and crossbones.

Last edited by Section30 (11/27/2019 11:39 pm)

11/29/2019 7:23 pm  #98

Good updates! The new Tigers look great. I dig the Pirates update but do miss the skull and crossbones as well. Maybe we can get that back in a patch or alternate looks at some point. Chicago's new logo is pretty cool. There are a lot of ways you could go with that in future updates.

11/29/2019 7:37 pm  #99

I absolutely love that Zephyrs logo. So much so I think that they're my new favorite team.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/30/2019 12:20 am  #100

The Pirates update makes sense for the time, making it easier to let go of the beloved skull. I think it looks sharp and am happy as a pirates fan.

The Zephyrs have an awesome new logo that is really eye catching. Can’t wait to see how it is built on in the future.

Board footera