Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2019 7:48 pm  #11

Re: The American Zoneball League - 1944 Season (ON HIATUS UNTIL 6/8)

I'd be willing to help in an expansion committee. I think Relocations should fit more the story than dictated by a group.

5/19/2019 8:52 pm  #12

Now we have the second team from the West Division, the Detroit Badgers. The name comes from their owner, Billy James, who was a University of Wisconsin graduate.

Their logo and colors are the simplest thus far, with only a single D in either navy or gray. James originally wanted to use red instead of blue (as another homage to UW), but decided against it to avoid controversy with the university.

Their uniforms also aren't much more complex that you'd think. They are one of only two teams to not have their logo on the front, however.

Not super complex, but I think it works fine. Thoughts?

5/20/2019 4:47 pm  #13

Great start so far, will definitely be following this

5/20/2019 9:14 pm  #14

The next team we have is the Minnesota Grizzlies:

The bear was mostly traced from [url]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--G4tj7P1t--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/i6o7yyj08qdsmxg7cg8u.jpg[/url], with a few modifications.

Their uniforms have a few notable parts; for example, they are the only team thus far to have names on the back of their jerseys, as well as the diagonal sash. It was included because player-owner Roger Ratliff had a strong belief in trying to make a name for the team, and felt that using these innovations did just that.

Thoughts?

5/21/2019 2:07 am  #15

I like your presentation, first of all. Nice start to your series.

The brown and sand color scheme is unique and cool for Minnesota. The middle front leg of the bear feels awkward to me, specifically the foot. I would round out the bottom of it to look more congruent with the other feet. I would also consider removing the middle portion of the M and making the bear be the connector. The jersey names seem away ahead of their time, but I'm not super familiar with the sports you've based your own sport on, so I could be wrong.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/21/2019 9:07 am  #16

Did a bit of tweaking on the bear, per Steelman's suggestions:

Aside from the bear, the uniforms are unchanged.

5/21/2019 6:31 pm  #17

If there's nothing on the updated Grizzlies, let's move on to the final West Division team, the Chicago Grays (named after their owner, Warren Gray, and the fog that frequently comes from Lake Michigan)

Despite the name, their colors actually are dominated by black and white, with only a bit of gray. The wishbone C was used for consistency with other Chicago teams.

Their uniforms' aren't too unique, aside from the jersey number inside the wishbone C.

Also, as a bit of a bonus, we also have the first East Division team, the Montreal Chevaliers (French for "knights"

Their logo is a C on top of two crossed lances. The purple and blue colors both come from the Montreal coat of arms.

Their uniforms are unique in that they are the only ones in the league to be majority-white, with only purple sleeves and the crossed-lances logo on the arm.

Thoughts on either? Anything?

5/21/2019 9:46 pm  #18

I echo what Steelman said, your presentation looks great.

Toronto - I like the logo a lot, good look.
Detroit - Being a 1940's league, some teams are just going to be super simple. I have no issues with that.
Minnesota - The double brown is really unique, and I like it. The updated bear looks much better.
Chicago - My favorite look so far. I really enjoy the B-W-G color scheme and the numbers inside the wishbone C on the uniform.
Montreal - I like the logo a lot, my concern is that the blue doesn't contrast enough with the purple. From the stands, the logo may just look like a blueish blob. Same with the sleeves on the jersey.

All in all it's a great start, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

5/21/2019 9:51 pm  #19

Only concern is the similarity between the blue and purple for Montreal, the rest are really good designs, my favorite being Detroit or Chicago

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (5/21/2019 9:52 pm)

5/21/2019 11:28 pm  #20

Digging that Montreal logo and uniform but the shades are too similar. I think a lighter blue, like closet to a Columbia type of blue would look stunning with that purple.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera