Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2020 4:44 pm  #591

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

The Narva update looks nice, but that columbia blue jersey for the Heralds is gorgeous

8/20/2020 5:14 pm  #592

I'm not surprised to see Von Wentz go into the Hall of Fame on his first try, or that Maxwell Blunt, Shane Galbraith, and Joaquin Outlaw got snubbed, but I'm VERY surprised that Gary Wisniewski did not go in this year. Why exactly did he get snubbed? I thought this was his first year of Hall of Fame eligibility!

In happier news, my sincerest congratulations to this year's inductees, in particular Coach Weatherford. I'm sure his plaque will look nice up there with Byron Peachey's plaque from '75. (I have a feeling Peachey will get in a second time - as a coach - once he leaves Narva.) Congratulations also to Paul Kauffman - the real GOAT of the THL - on an amazing career. That resume speaks for itself, and a spot in the Hall of Fame - and a spot in the rafters with Joseph Jarvis, Gary Wisniewski, and Hall of Famers Lou D'Angelo and Nat Marchant - beckons.

Also, some final notes on the new uniforms - I'm gonna miss the old Neptunes logo, but that Heralds alternate jersey is solid! That's probably one of the best jerseys I've seen you crank out here.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

8/20/2020 5:29 pm  #593

Man that bright blue looks like the old cornflower blue! I like it though!

It seems that I might be right on everyone staying. Good work by Kirlow to keep the team with local business. That was the one team I was worried about relocating.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/20/2020 5:56 pm  #594

dvdbubba27 wrote:

I'm not surprised to see Von Wentz go into the Hall of Fame on his first try, or that Maxwell Blunt, Shane Galbraith, and Joaquin Outlaw got snubbed, but I'm VERY surprised that Gary Wisniewski did not go in this year. Why exactly did he get snubbed? I thought this was his first year of Hall of Fame eligibility!

In happier news, my sincerest congratulations to this year's inductees, in particular Coach Weatherford. I'm sure his plaque will look nice up there with Byron Peachey's plaque from '75. (I have a feeling Peachey will get in a second time - as a coach - once he leaves Narva.) Congratulations also to Paul Kauffman - the real GOAT of the THL - on an amazing career. That resume speaks for itself, and a spot in the Hall of Fame - and a spot in the rafters with Joseph Jarvis, Gary Wisniewski, and Hall of Famers Lou D'Angelo and Nat Marchant - beckons.

I always appreciate your attention to detail! Blunt and Outlaw will have tough roads, though Outlaw in particular has enough on resume. BUT, his mercurial personality and major issues during his career combined with his defection to the UHA will be hard to convince the voters.

Gary Wiz and Galbraith aren't eligible until the 1983 class based on the current rules of at least 1 full year removed from playing time and the HOF classes working on an every two-years rotation.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/20/2020 6:00 pm  #595

I like the new Heralds unis, nice callback to the old powder blue days. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the new Narva look, though I'll say it's better than their old kit. They were the one team that I never liked, mostly due to the colors. The new logo is well-made, Dead Ned makes for a neat brand. I like the white jersey a lot, but the dark green just isn't for me. Solid jerseys nonetheless, of course.

8/20/2020 6:10 pm  #596

Tha...that Neptunes logo scares me a little bit. It looks like what my brother would where on halloween

8/20/2020 7:01 pm  #597

I can't believe I missed the Finals post, but heck yeah!  Heralds winning their 4th title!  (by the way, that's the most out of anybody, sweet!).  The good feels then continue with what I think is your best Chasonne jersey yet!  That uniform is an excellent use of Chasonne's multiple blues and while I'm glad the current royal blue set isn't being replaced, I hope this uniform stays in circulation permanently!

As far as the Neptunes' new look is concerned, scrolling quickly through that post gave me the best jump scare I've had since playing Five Nights At Freddy's!  That logo is a bit freaky, although I love the explanation behind it.  Dead Ned is now my favorite character in the series.  Seriously, how a celebrity gets his face in the new logo is pretty funny and this logo is certainly memorable.  This new owner for Narva seems like a solid marketer if nothing else, should be a great thing for the Neptunes financially!  I do like the new color scheme a lot too.

As always, well done!

8/20/2020 10:36 pm  #598

Darn...I thought this was the Pioneers year. On a brighter note, all the updates look great! I'm not totally sold on the Neptunes colors, but they look pretty good, Overall nice job!

8/21/2020 6:27 pm  #599

It's always a pleasure reading through your updates Steel! You've got a way with character creation with some real remarkable characters. Dead Ned is the next on that list. The whole Blackwood Motorsports ownership story is really charming in a whole way, I can imagine before games a gang of motor cyclists just come out on the ice and hype the fans up. It's quirky in a way only hockey can pull off. As for the updated identity, while I'm not a huge fan of the idea on paper, you pulled it off, just like the ownership. Although I think the Neptunes really need to lean into a trident based identity some time down the road. 

I really like the Whales being ambitious this offseason, hopefully jumping up to the second pick for Parrino will be worth it in the long run.

8/21/2020 6:29 pm  #600

Section30 wrote:

The Narva update looks nice, but that columbia blue jersey for the Heralds is gorgeous

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Also, some final notes on the new uniforms - I'm gonna miss the old Neptunes logo, but that Heralds alternate jersey is solid! That's probably one of the best jerseys I've seen you crank out here.

Thanks guys!

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Man that bright blue looks like the old cornflower blue! I like it though!

It seems that I might be right on everyone staying. Good work by Kirlow to keep the team with local business. That was the one team I was worried about relocating.

It's a much brighter and vibrant hue, but definitely closer to that original cornflower color. With how dark the green is, I needed something to brighten it up.

Kirlow's been through this before so it was important to the city to maintain stability. And despite their inability to win the big one, they've been very successful as a franchise.

QCS wrote:

I like the new Heralds unis, nice callback to the old powder blue days. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the new Narva look, though I'll say it's better than their old kit. They were the one team that I never liked, mostly due to the colors. The new logo is well-made, Dead Ned makes for a neat brand. I like the white jersey a lot, but the dark green just isn't for me. Solid jerseys nonetheless, of course.

Thanks! I had a feeling the Narva update would be either loved or hated, as their whole identity seems to be that way since their inception.

Rugrat wrote:

Tha...that Neptunes logo scares me a little bit. It looks like what my brother would where on halloween

Hopefully their opponents will feel the same! Ha.

Stickman wrote:

I can't believe I missed the Finals post, but heck yeah!  Heralds winning their 4th title!  (by the way, that's the most out of anybody, sweet!).  The good feels then continue with what I think is your best Chasonne jersey yet!  That uniform is an excellent use of Chasonne's multiple blues and while I'm glad the current royal blue set isn't being replaced, I hope this uniform stays in circulation permanently!

As far as the Neptunes' new look is concerned, scrolling quickly through that post gave me the best jump scare I've had since playing Five Nights At Freddy's!  That logo is a bit freaky, although I love the explanation behind it.  Dead Ned is now my favorite character in the series.  Seriously, how a celebrity gets his face in the new logo is pretty funny and this logo is certainly memorable.  This new owner for Narva seems like a solid marketer if nothing else, should be a great thing for the Neptunes financially!  I do like the new color scheme a lot too.

As always, well done!

Thanks a bunch! Always good to hear feedback from the team fans. Columbia blue is part of Heralds history so I can see this special uniform staying in the rotation for a long time.

When I was creating new owner characters that name Ned Delhart jumped out at me, and since I already an idea for a skull & triton combo, I thought it'd be a fun look and story for them. Especially with the super conservative Harlan Durant selling the team. Since their rivalry with Kirlow is so heated, motorcycles came into the picture which I think is very unique as far as being connected to hockey is concerned.

ANDY! wrote:

Darn...I thought this was the Pioneers year. On a brighter note, all the updates look great! I'm not totally sold on the Neptunes colors, but they look pretty good, Overall nice job!

The Pioneers have a fantastic squad, just couldn't get traction against a surging young group in Chasonne. They'll be able to contend for several years yet though. Thanks!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera