Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2021 11:53 am  #11

Re: AltBA Discussion Thread

Sevsdast wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Congrats to QCS and Wallflower for the first joint ownership in AltLeague history (I think anyway), definitely a fun surprise to see that!

Also congrats to JamHeron for the first surprise team selection of the draft, (and the epic story behind your pick.  Keeping the Western theme strong with your selections!)

Can't wait to see what's next!

That is technically, Magic and Bdoof was the first one announced to everyone. Ditto on what’s next, my press conference is going to be hilarious!

Ah, missed that they were 2 different people, very cool!

3/21/2021 11:54 am  #12

Stickman wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Congrats to QCS and Wallflower for the first joint ownership in AltLeague history (I think anyway), definitely a fun surprise to see that!

Also congrats to JamHeron for the first surprise team selection of the draft, (and the epic story behind your pick.  Keeping the Western theme strong with your selections!)

Can't wait to see what's next!

That is technically, Magic and Bdoof was the first one announced to everyone. Ditto on what’s next, my press conference is going to be hilarious!

Ah, missed that they were 2 different people, very cool!

Do you know this from experience?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

3/21/2021 12:42 pm  #13

DP goes for San Jose! Surprising, I would've expected something else from her. They were in her top four at least.

3/21/2021 12:43 pm  #14

WOAH. That was surprisingly short compared to everyone else Mrs Pepper.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/21/2021 12:49 pm  #15

Wow... I knew the Cyborgs were in her top 4, but I really expected her to pick either Pittsburgh or Texas.  Good for me though, (or maybe not, depending on how these next 6 picks go, I could have a hell of a tough decision ahead...)

3/21/2021 12:51 pm  #16

As for why I didn't go for Louisville, similar to the AltFL team, I'm just personally not a fan of how the identity came out (even though I designed the logo for the Stallions) Maybe that's due to higher hopes for a local team, I'm not sure. Love the name, but I would've taken the logo and uniforms in complete different directions.

That's why I chose San Jose, I think it's one of the more creative identities in the league, and while it doesn't have my favorite logo, the whole identity is nice. It was very close between them, Pittsburgh and Texas.

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (3/21/2021 12:52 pm)

3/21/2021 12:58 pm  #17

Well... Color me surprised DP! San Jose was in my plans, but guess it’s off the board now. As for my top pick... it’s still up there, you’ll see what happens.

3/21/2021 2:32 pm  #18

I definitely didn't see that coming with Jam choosing Kansas City! Always entertaining for sure.

Still hoping for NY to fall to me.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/21/2021 2:33 pm  #19

So everyone knew I was thinking Boston, but I was hard deciding between the Schooners and the Giants. The deciding factor, a literal coin flip.

3/21/2021 2:38 pm  #20

Steelman wrote:

I definitely didn't see that coming with Jam choosing Kansas City! Always entertaining for sure.

Still hoping for NY to fall to me.

Well, you maybe outta luck kiddo ;)

Board footera