Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2019 11:18 pm  #511

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Before I start, I use to name my NHL create a teams really stupid things like "Prince George Princes" or, by far my favorite, "White Bear Lake White Lake Bears" just because it made my roommate and I chuckle. Seeing you try very hard not to do this makes me laugh because it reminds me of times when my roommate and I created 30 teams and played full on seasons with two teams of our choice (I believe about 220 games in total per season) for THREE YEARS OF OUR LIFES. Talk about the college experience.

Moving on,

Blackduck:
Quack Quack Quack Mr. Ducksworth.

Falcon Heights:
Remind me of your favorite THL team again?

Roseville:
I finally beat you to something! Well no, Steelman beat us both, but I am taking it as a win.

Honestly though, the Mallard logo looks awesome and the jersey is very satisfying because of the inconsistent hem, but the mallard seems off on the jersey. 

Falcon Heights has my favorite colors of the three, and a close second logo. My favorite part is the collar numbers for the same reason that I like the inconsistent hem on the mallards, I am weird.

Roseville has my favorite logo and I would cheer for them, but Blackhawks vibes are making me shy. Hopefully, I’ll adjust to it.

Outstanding as usual, Section30. Not sure how to say it any other way.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (11/12/2019 12:59 am)

11/12/2019 8:10 pm  #512

Fort Frances and Little Falls both look fantastic!

I like the change for Sauk Falls but I honestly could not tell what the logo was until I read the text. I think if you dropped the pink for white it would create better shadowing for that "blob" style logo. Sorta reminds me of the old Chicago Bears logo.

The names you've chosen for your expansion teams are great. Blackduck Mallards look nice. I raised actual black ducks growing up, so I feel like you missed an opportunity to name them the Cayugas. (Google 'em. They have cool green/black iridescent feathers.) But for the Mallards, I like the offset logo, it's perfectly weird. But I'd really like to see a yellow outline on that sucker. I think it'd pop a lot more.

Falcon Heights...Raptors. I see you bro. Haha. I love the colors and the logo and the uniform except for the weird chest number. But very nice set.

Roseville is a very nice. I do agree the rocket feels a touch modern but I think it's the color scheme more than anything else. Overall a very cohesive look. Those Blackhawks style sweaters are choice as well.

Nice work!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/13/2019 6:48 pm  #513

Absolutely in love with the new teams! Especially the raptors!

11/15/2019 4:08 pm  #514

I love the Mallards!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/25/2019 12:43 am  #515

Sorry for the lack of posts the last week or two, I've been taking a little bit of a break while I'm back home and plan on getting back on track soon.6.4.1

11/25/2019 2:12 am  #516

10/4, 6.4.1! If concept boards have taught me anything it has been patience. The community might be small, but we are committed and always excited to see what comes next whether it is tomorrow or a month from now. Don't think you're losing the attention of anyone, so take your time.

11/26/2019 7:18 pm  #517

Section30 wrote:

Sorry for the lack of posts the last week or two, I've been taking a little bit of a break while I'm back home and plan on getting back on track soon.6.4.1

That's perfectly okay! Enjoy your time off.

11/30/2019 11:03 pm  #518

1962/63 Regular Season; Part 1

Granite Hockey League
Things went pretty much exactly as most had expected it to with the Lumberjacks running away with the league title for the 5th time in 6 years. The Cats finished in a distant second place with Fergus Falls right behind. Alexandria claimed the final playoff spot ahead of the Storm who had their best season to date. Little Falls struggled for most of the year on defense and fell to sixth with the Bulldogs rounding out the Granite League.

Twin Cities Hockey League West
The Vulcans emerged this year as THE team to beat in the West, boasting one of the most feared offenses in all of the MAHL, scoring a staggering 127 goals in the regular season (24 games) and claiming the Twin Cities Hockey League title over their arch rivals the Saints. The Millers had another good season, finishing comfortably in second. Edina and Osseo round out the playoff teams with Tonka being the first cut. It was a tough year for Bears as Bloomington suffered injuries and sickness throughout the year, dropping all the way to sixth, and the Bruins finished in last place in the league.

Twin Cities Hockey League East
The Saints seem to finally be re-emerging from the shadow of the Victorias, beating out their rivals for the top spot in the east by 2 games. Stillwater built on their good season a year ago, moving up to third.The Waves remained in the playoff picture though, just beating out their biggest rivals from South St. Paul. Roseville did alright in their first year, but weren't anything special. White Bear Lake had another off year and the Raptors finished in last in their first season.

Valley Hockey League
The Robins reclaimed the top spot for the first time in 7 years, beating out their cross town rivals. New Ulm remained in third, having another solid season. Mankato finished in fourth, continuing their streak of never missing the playoffs. It was close this year though with Austin and Red Wing both only a couple game behind the Moose. Albert Lea looked a little better than last year, but not by much. La Crosse dropped back to eighth and the Wildcats finished in last yet again.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

12/01/2019 12:35 am  #519

C'mon, you Diamonds! Up the New Ulm, my boys!

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

12/01/2019 8:05 pm  #520

Roooooollllllllll Rochester?
War (Screaming) Eagle?

Thought it be appropriate given the game yesterday. I’m quickly becoming a bird boy in this league, realizing that 2 of my favorite teams in a division are birds and my second favorite of another division is the Raptors. Also, shoutout to an early love in Fergus Falls! They have come a longggggggg way and I feel more like a proud father than a fan now. Too many good identities to keep them at the top of my list, they unfortunately took a step down when the Pilots really grew on me.

Board footera