Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2019 1:31 pm  #461

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Stickman wrote:

Been a while since I've posted here, just doing so to say yay Grand Rapids won!  And double yay Hibbing lost!  Lol, anyway, loving the new league set up you've got here!  You weren't joking about having big plans for the league and it shows!  Great job as always!

Haha, thank you! Would you believe me if I said we haven't even gotten halfway through all the teams I have planned? 

11/03/2019 4:43 pm  #462

Wow! I missed a lot. Love all the new looks! Love the new playoff format, love everything going on to be frank. It's always so amazing to see all the identities keep expanding and to see all the teams looks next to each other in the standings and stuff. Keep up the good work! 

Section30 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Been a while since I've posted here, just doing so to say yay Grand Rapids won!  And double yay Hibbing lost!  Lol, anyway, loving the new league set up you've got here!  You weren't joking about having big plans for the league and it shows!  Great job as always!

Haha, thank you! Would you believe me if I said we haven't even gotten halfway through all the teams I have planned? 

Oh and this is incredible. I'm excited to see you push the brink of how many teams are possible. 

Also, are you down to do sigs?

11/03/2019 4:50 pm  #463

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Wow! I missed a lot. Love all the new looks! Love the new playoff format, love everything going on to be frank. It's always so amazing to see all the identities keep expanding and to see all the teams looks next to each other in the standings and stuff. Keep up the good work! 

Oh and this is incredible. I'm excited to see you push the brink of how many teams are possible. 

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

And yeah I'd make some sigs, I'd just need to know what dimensions and what teams people want.6.3.6

11/03/2019 9:07 pm  #464

Section30 wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

And yeah I'd make some sigs, I'd just need to know what dimensions and what teams people want.6.3.6

I'd like a Voyageurs one!

I think a similar to size to the ones I've done for the THL and IDM did for his Dashball league would be great.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/03/2019 9:50 pm  #465

Steelman wrote:

I think a similar to size to the ones I've done for the THL and IDM did for his Dashball league would be great.

Hope this works for ya!

11/03/2019 9:57 pm  #466

Section30 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Hope this works for ya!

Love it! Thanks!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/03/2019 10:26 pm  #467

1962 Kellogg Cup Playoffs; First Round Day 2

Brainerd Lumberjacks vs Mankato Moose
The Lumberjacks came out slow, allowing the Moose to take the lead 1-0 after 1. The Jacks seemed to have had a fire lit under their asses in the locker room as they came out looking much more determined and quickly turned the game in their favor, scoring three in the second and one more in the third to advance with a 4-1 win.

Twin Cities Vulcans vs Rochester Robins
The Vulcans and Robins battled in a what turned into a game of special teams as the two seemed to constantly be in the penalty box giving one another powerplay chances. 3 of the Vulcans goals came with a man advantage, ultimately winning them the game as they win by a score of 4-2.

Minneapolis Millers vs Alexandria Norsemen
Down go the Mighty Millers! The Norsemen went into the very intimidating Minneapolis Arena with about 6,000 rambunctious fans and were able to pull off the overtime victory. The regulation periods were about as even as you could get with both teams having 27 shots on goal and the scoreline tied at 1 apiece. Overtime began and it looked like more of the same. Alexandria held off a Miller attack and were able to clear the puck out of the zone and get going on the attack. They broke in and took a shot from the circle that was partially blocked by the defenseman, redirecting the puck past the goalie and into the back of the net to give Alexandria the win.

Rochester Mustangs vs New Ulm Bavarians
They did it again! The Bavarians knocked off the Valley Hockey League champions in the first round of the playoffs for the second year in a row! After last years 2 OT thriller, there has been no love lost between these two. Fights and cheap shots were commonplace in their regular season meetings, quickly becoming one of the biggest rivalries in the Valley. This game was no different, with multiple scrums breaking out with some sucker punches thrown from both sides. The Bavarians were keeping up with the Mustangs in shots and on the scoreboard for the majority of the game. New Ulm was able to finally go ahead on a point blast that beat the goalie through his 5-hole with just under 10 minutes left in the game. The Mustangs gave it their all in the final minutes but were ultimately unable to get any good shots on goal. The final horn sounded and some frustrated Mustangs took offense with the celebration of the diamonds , leading to another skirmish that had to be split up by security to allow New Ulm to get to the locker room.

Warroad Lakers vs Crookston Kings
The hottest team in the MAHL definitely looked like it as they crush the Kings playoff dreams in their first season. This makes it 12 wins in the last 13 games for the Lakers from Warroad.

Winnipeg Monarchs vs Superior Lakers
The inaugural Monarchs looked as playoff experienced as the Lakers in this game despite this being their first. The Lakers jumped out to an early lead and added another in the second. That's when the Monarchs turned the momentum in their favor, striking to get within one before the second period concluded and then struck again early in the third to knot things at 2. Winnipeg continued their flow, dominating time of possession in the offensive zone until a shot finally beat the Laker goalie to send the Monarchs to the second round.

Cloquet Broncos vs Chisholm Flames
This game was a very choppy one, with no real flow and lots of stoppages. The game was also very low scoring, the only goal coming early in the first by Millen to give Cloquet the victory over the Flames.

Duluth Voyageurs vs Fort Frances Trappers
In the battle of the french fur traders, le bleus gave the Trappers a rough reminder of why they are always a favorite to win it all, dominating the majority of the game. The Voyageurs out shot the Trappers 31-20 and were able to score more goals as a result.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/03/2019 10:31 pm  #468

I'd take a Redbirds sig that's about the size of my Portarra Whales one. Thanks in advance!

11/03/2019 10:42 pm  #469

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'd take a Redbirds sig that's about the size of my Portarra Whales one. Thanks in advance!

11/04/2019 10:33 am  #470

Section30 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Holy... that is incredible!  Definitely looking forward to see what comes out of this!  

I'd love a Grand Rapids Moose sig, if it can be the same size as my Braves/Eagles sig that'd be great!  If not, any size is totally fine!

Board footera