Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2020 10:29 pm  #1961

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Maple Grove is a city on the come up, currently at 20,000 and rising. Filling the gap between Brooklyn Park, Osseo, and Plymouth; Maple Grove will be smack dab in the center of the North Metro Hockey League. The Tappers will play their home games at 1,500 seat Osseo Ice Arena, sharing a home with the Screaming Eagles who are sure to get off to a friendly start.

The team will be called the "Sap Tappers" as an ode to the towns history of tapping maple trees to make syrup, leading to the town becoming known as Maple Grove. The background for the name "Sap Tappers comes from the process of making maple syrup  which begins by "tapping" a maple tree to draw out sap which becomes syrup. Their logo is a brown and orange drop meant to represent the sap of a maple tree. Inside is an orange maple leaf and the towns initials "MG" in yellow. The uniforms feature a "Tappers" script on the front and are in the teams colors of brown, orange, and yellow.

8/24/2020 10:35 pm  #1962

Our final expansion team of the offseason comes from the South Metro. Prior Lake is a town of 7,000 located on a lake by the same name, and it is growing rapidly, growing 7x in population in the last decade. Prior Lake is just west of the South Metro hotbed, found just south of Shakopee and west of Burnsville. The Pirates will play their home games outdoors at Lakefront Park for the time being.

They will be called the "Pirates" playing off of the towns nautical roots as well as alliteration. Their logo is a black flag waving with a skull and crossbones and their colors are black and blue

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

8/24/2020 10:41 pm  #1963

BEAUTIFUL logos, all three of 'em!

1. I was wondering for the longest time when Brooklyn Center would get a team...now they've got one, and their color scheme & logo is a beaut!  Their rivalry with Brooklyn Park will be one of the most fun-but confusing for announcers-to watch.
​2. Likewise, I had been anticipating Maple Grove to join for a while, and this look is WELL worth the wait!  This is how you can tell we're getting into the 80s, with even more unique names, and an absolute WINNER of a brand!
​3. Of the piracy-themed teams in the Metro Leagues, I think Prior Lake may have my favorite (the blue wins it the tiebreaker).  Wonder what their home ice will be though (didn't say in the post)
4. You know where to e-mail all of 'em 

8/24/2020 10:45 pm  #1964

The Sap Tappers are the clear winner of this round. Wonderfully whimsical brand. The color scheme makes me think of Cheers for some reason. They will be added to my rooting interest for sure. Nicely done!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/24/2020 11:03 pm  #1965

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the updates, for some reason it wasn't letting me post my replies but I read all of them and appreciate the comments

Burmy87 wrote:

BEAUTIFUL logos, all three of 'em!

1. I was wondering for the longest time when Brooklyn Center would get a team...now they've got one, and their color scheme & logo is a beaut!  Their rivalry with Brooklyn Park will be one of the most fun-but confusing for announcers-to watch.
​2. Likewise, I had been anticipating Maple Grove to join for a while, and this look is WELL worth the wait!  This is how you can tell we're getting into the 80s, with even more unique names, and an absolute WINNER of a brand!
​3. Of the piracy-themed teams in the Metro Leagues, I think Prior Lake may have my favorite (the blue wins it the tiebreaker).  Wonder what their home ice will be though (didn't say in the post)
4. You know where to e-mail all of 'em 

Thank you, I'm glad you like them
Also, I updated the Prior Lake post saying where they play, thanks for pointing that out.

Steelman wrote:

The Sap Tappers are the clear winner of this round. Wonderfully whimsical brand. The color scheme makes me think of Cheers for some reason. They will be added to my rooting interest for sure. Nicely done!

Thank you, I thought the name sounded kinda funny at first but it really grew on me and I think the autumn-esk color scheme really brought the whole Maple thing together, glad you like them!

8/25/2020 8:19 am  #1966

The Catamounts and Pirates have classic schemes, but I love the Sap Tappers! The color scheme works wonders and the rest of the brand utilizes it well.

8/25/2020 9:16 am  #1967

I love the Tappers, such a different and creative brand. The script is awesome, the only thing I'd change is removing the front numbers (which I assume will be removed eventually). 

8/25/2020 11:04 am  #1968

Just going to echo the praise for the Tappers look, fantastic job.
Purple-Gold is a favourite colour scheme of mine and it looks great for the Cats.
Roseville and Prior Lake are strong looks too!

8/25/2020 11:16 am  #1969

I'm going to have to say the Catamounts have the best look out of them all, just barely edging out the Tappers. The color scheme is great and the Cats script feels super classy.

8/25/2020 11:36 am  #1970

I looooove that Buffs wordmark. Looks so good on the jerseys too.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

Board footera