Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2020 3:08 pm  #1951

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

After only 2 years, the North St. Paul Ramparts have changed their look. The Ramps decided to embrace blue to separate themselves from the plethora of red heavy teams in the easy metro. The home jersey remains the same except dropping the red shoulders, and the road is basically a color swapped version of their old red jersey, just ditching the black shoulders

8/24/2020 3:11 pm  #1952

Roseville introduced a new home jersey with a new stripe style and red shoulders, the sleeve numbers also match the back numbers now. The road uniform is almost the same as before, only now with red shoulders. The Rockets also decided to swap out their gloves for black and their breezers for red.

8/24/2020 3:19 pm  #1953

The Ely Black Bears decided that it was time to introduce a proper logo to go along with their iconic "Ely" script. The end result was an oval with Ely's classic stripes in the background with a black bear in front. The Bears also used this time to make a slight tweak to their script, cleaning it up a bit. The team has stated that they have no intention of replacing the script in terms of primary status, the new logo will be used in secondary applications.

Ely also changed up their uniforms; adding the new logo to the shoulders, increasing the size of the script and numbers on the back, removing the number from the chest and placing it on the sleeves, and adding laces.

8/24/2020 3:28 pm  #1954

Grand Rapids has been a MAHL mainstay since their inception in 1935. They have used the same logo of a brown Moose head outlined in orange with a button eye for nearly 45 years now, but it is time for an update. What the Moose unveiled was nothing too crazy, just a simple modernization of their classic logo.

The new logo finds itself in the same place as its predecessor on the iconic orange and brown of Grand Rapids. The only other change to the uniforms is the addition of 2 stars behind the back collar to signify their 2 Kellogg Cups.

8/24/2020 3:33 pm  #1955

The final identity change of the offseason came in the Southwest with Brookings going for a completely new look. The Buffaloes decided to part ways with the "Charging Buff" logo in favor a brand new logo. The new logo is a B with horns protruding from the top in the Buffaloes colors of brown and red.

Brookings introduced a new set of uniforms to go with the new logo. The new look leans much more into brown, using red as an accent color. On the front of the jersey is a Rangers style "Buffs" text with the B being the new logo.

8/24/2020 3:35 pm  #1956

Throwing this in here too, Edina added a star behind their collar similar to Eveleth and Grand Rapids, to signify their Kellogg Cup win. The Cake Eaters also paid extra to get a special shade of yellow for their new helmets, leading to some local newspapers referring to them as the "Gold Domes"

I'll post the expansion teams either later tonight or tomorrow, but let me know what you think of the offseason so far, comments are appreciated!

8/24/2020 4:37 pm  #1957

Fantastic update for Grand Rapids, I was thinking the Moose was a bit outdated. The Buffs got a big upgrade too.

8/24/2020 5:58 pm  #1958

So far, so good!

1. Glad the Vulcans are back to the "Twin Cities" name which the fans obviously prefer-though I do hope St. Anthony gets an expansion team soon.
2. RIP Weston I...say hi to Conrad when you get to the Rainbow Bridge.  I trust Weston II will continue the legacy well, and I know Hector and Charlie will grow to be quite popular in their respective fanbases.
3. The Bronze Otter is going to be one of the most underrated and competitive rivalry series out there (right up there with the Giant Fork and Sioux Cup series)
4. Nice to see NSP embrace blue as their primary color (a lighter shade than the V's and WSP to be unique)
5. Neat new alt logo for Ely...though the city wordmark will always be the primary, I could see the alt being on the chest of the team's third jersey whenever they start being introduced.
6. I am gonna miss the Moose's old logo (it just has a more "classic/timeless" feel to it), but if it absolutely had to go, this is a good direction to take it.
7. REALLY like the new Buffs logo...it can stand out anywhere you put it on a jersey (Hope we get an updated bison as a shoulder logo again at some point)
8. You know where to e-mail 'em at. 

8/24/2020 7:52 pm  #1959

Nice updates. NSP looks super sharp. Much better now in blue. I like the new Moose logo. Solid update for Brookings, the double outlines are an upgrade though I miss the red sweater.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/24/2020 10:18 pm  #1960

Expansion Teams

Brooklyn Center is a city found right between Minneapolis and Brooklyn Park with a population of over 31,000. The Cats were formed by a few former Brooklyn Park Panthers who wanted a team in their home town rather than the next town over. BC will play their home games at 2000 seat Northland Community Arena, sharing a home with Brooklyn Park. The rivalry between Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center is sure to be intense and immediate as the two face off for the first time in the upcoming season.

They will be called the "Catamounts" which is another name for Panther. This was done intentionally to take a little bit of a poke at their neighbors to the North. To make things worse the team has decided to fully embrace the "Cats" nickname, a nickname often used by Panther fans in the past. The Catamounts logo is a script "Cats" with BC for Brooklyn Center in the tail. Their team colors are purple and gold.

Board footera