Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2020 11:28 pm  #11

Re: American Runty Championship: 1957 Season

Lookin good so far, although I think the Panthers colors are a bit too close to the Titans and they clash a bit too much as well. Maybe drop the black and make it just blue and white?
I agree with S30, Bronx is my favorite so far, the identity really stands out of the bunch.

10/13/2020 12:43 am  #12

The Bronx look amazing, definitely the best one of the bunch. And I definitely gotta root for them.

Staten Island has a cool logo, I have the same question about the jerseys.

The Riders are simple, maybe too simple, but it works for the era I think. Doesn't make me think of Boston though.

I really like Hempstead. Nice color of blue and the logo is clever and feels lifted from that era.

Panthers. I like the panther a lot. I don't like the roundel or the way the text is positioned. The lightning bolt and extra box seems super arbitrary and unnecessary IMO. I think you could put that into the black half circle underneath the panther. The black and purple clash too much, I think you'd have to go with like a lighter plum color or something. Looking at them, I feel like this was the team that should have been black and white. I'm only harping on this one because I see so much potential with it.

I like the NY monogram, feels era appropriate, and the two-tone blue scheme.

Nice work overall, looking forward to the first season!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/13/2020 4:23 pm  #13

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

First off, Staten Island's jerseys are absolutely supposed to be the gold from the logo. Not sure how they got so bright lol.

Second, I was actually gonna address the similarities between Buffalo and New York's colours as part of a rivalry. Buffalo claims that the Knights "Copied their colours and changed them slightly" as to not look like they stole them. The Knights deny this, but that doesn't stop games between the two to be heated. As well for Buffalo, I've lightened up the blue (Looking at it now I agree it bleeds in with the black), and changed the logo to just the panther and the arched text. Hopefully that works better.

10/13/2020 4:30 pm  #14

Dig the updates! Still think Buffalo has the best look out of everyone. Should be a very interesting first season of Runty!

10/13/2020 5:40 pm  #15

NoE38 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

First off, Staten Island's jerseys are absolutely supposed to be the gold from the logo. Not sure how they got so bright lol.

Second, I was actually gonna address the similarities between Buffalo and New York's colours as part of a rivalry. Buffalo claims that the Knights "Copied their colours and changed them slightly" as to not look like they stole them. The Knights deny this, but that doesn't stop games between the two to be heated. As well for Buffalo, I've lightened up the blue (Looking at it now I agree it bleeds in with the black), and changed the logo to just the panther and the arched text. Hopefully that works better.

I think Buffalo looks much cleaner now.

10/13/2020 10:29 pm  #16

The updates are all nice

Go Islanders!

10/13/2020 11:54 pm  #17

I really like what you've gotten started here! I'm definitely excited for the prospect of a league structure that's more like the AFL or the Premier League with a lot of teams in the same city. The designs all look great too. It's interesting that some of them seem very similar to each other, but I actually think that's a good thing - it feels more realistic than having them all be really distinct. Go Riders!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/14/2020 5:18 pm  #18

One last post before I post the 1946 season (hopefully will be up by Friday).

Unlike the old Markball thread, I've simulated the scores of all regular season and playoff games, (Markball only had the playoff games simmed) and I was just wondering how you all would want me to incorporate them into my season posts. As well, I'm open to ideas on how to post the season summary. How do you want me to do it? I'm fine with anything, whatever will draw more interest into this thread.

10/14/2020 5:27 pm  #19

You could do what Wallflower does for his league just go week by week with scores

10/14/2020 10:19 pm  #20

Depending on how long your season is, a week-by-week format is definitely a huge time commitment though, I'd make sure you really want to do that before committing to it. The NFL/American football style is easier because the season schedule is super short.

If you wanted to feature some regular season games, you could highlight a game of the week, or the late-season playoff race, or something like that. I think most people care more about the playoffs though as far as game scores.

Board footera