Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2020 9:18 pm  #461

Re: National Dashball League

Double D, you say? Bring it on! Looking forward to the new minor league system. I think that's a fantastic idea.

I'd love to see some kind of update with the current rosters. I feel out of date on who's who.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/23/2020 1:58 pm  #462

Rugrat wrote:

Exicting offseason! Here's my take

1.) Interesting to see what this new minor-league will look like! Should be fun seeing 16 new teams for the new league. 

2.) Minnesota and Orlando making some moves here and there, hopefully Texas doesn't win... again. Same with Philly

3.) Orlando Orbits, 2030 NDL Champions?

Well I did specifically say they're not likely to compete with the top tier of teams this year, but they're certainly on the up and up. A couple of years down the line, maybe.

Steelman wrote:

Double D, you say? Bring it on! Looking forward to the new minor league system. I think that's a fantastic idea.

I'd love to see some kind of update with the current rosters. I feel out of date on who's who.

Yeah, that's a good idea! I'll make sure I have it ready before I post the regular season.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

12/23/2020 2:22 pm  #463

Before we get to any of that, though, I want to show y'all the new logo I came up with for the NDL itself. This was actually a part of a final project for my Visual Design class this past semester, and there's a part 2 that you'll see later on. Anyway. I wanted to bring the logo up to speed for about ten years in the future, but I did want to keep at least some elements of the original logo around, which led me to break out the trapezoid and have that be the main feature. The lettering is very round and modern-looking, and the N in particular is based on the 3-point ring on the courts, tying the logo into the sport itself. The trapezoid is split into three sections because all sorts of things in dashball come in threes (ways to score, point values, letters in NDL, etc.). The NDDL logo is based on the same formula except it's only split into two sections because, well, it's one level down from the NDL? That's how I'm justifying it at least. The new division logos are also pretty minimalist, with the triangle from the main logo serving as the arrows.

What do you all think? C&C appreciated!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

12/23/2020 2:39 pm  #464

I really like those new logos! The division logos in particular are really nice.

12/23/2020 3:19 pm  #465

I agree with QCS here, the new logos look sweet!

12/23/2020 6:49 pm  #466

I think lowercase lettering has been part of your more recent presentation motif and was definitely the way to go for the update. Nice work.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/23/2020 7:07 pm  #467

wsen

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

12/23/2020 7:57 pm  #468

I'm a fan of the new branding!

12/24/2020 12:28 pm  #469

Thanks for your positive comments, y'all! I do have one pretty minor update for you today, plus a bigger update that I'll probably post in a few days (tomorrow looks rather busy for some reason). This one concerns the Miami Palms, who are making some uniform changes. Their two major jerseys add logos to the chest as a way to fill up some of that empty space. Their home doesn't change otherwise, and their secondary only changes a bit, making the sleeves pink and blue instead of black, which I think makes the uniform less heavy and a lot brighter. Their third uniform receives major changes, though: instead of a white jersey, which I was never really a huge fan of, this one gets a lot more wild, introducing navy blue to the color palette and focusing on a navy-to-black gradient. It also features their "MIAMI" secondary logo, which has the gradient reversed so as to stand out more. It gives the whole uniform a really iridescent feel, which I really dig and I think the pink and light blue really pop off it.

Happy holidays! C&C appreciated!

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (1/02/2021 11:36 pm)

12/24/2020 1:39 pm  #470

I am in love with that third jersey for Miami. It's creative, maintains the brand, and looks sharp as hell.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera