Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2020 9:26 am  #351

Re: National Dashball League

If Texas wins it all I will clean up my apartment which I really really don’t want to do

8/29/2020 12:48 pm  #352

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Ooh, do I smell an upset here? Texas over Philly right? 

Texas is going down I think unfortunately for you bandwagon

Not every Redbacks fan is a bandwagoner. I happen to know Steel hails from Texas, so they're just rooting for their hometown team.

Rugrat wrote:

If Texas wins it all I will clean up my apartment which I really really don’t want to do

That's one way to self-motivate, I guess.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/29/2020 4:39 pm  #353

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I have family from Texas and usual root for them if MN doesn't have a team.

8/29/2020 10:45 pm  #354

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Yeah, it wasn't a very exciting round. I tried my best to add some interesting bits and pieces, but there's not much to do when the top seed wins literally every game. I think this just shows how much of a hierarchy there was - it was really the top 4 teams and then everybody else. I know it's a low bar, but I can safely say the next two rounds will be more fun to read.

Ooh, do I smell an upset here? Texas over Philly right? 

Texas is going down I think unfortunately for you bandwagon

Fort Worth, Texas, dawg. Been a Redbacks fan since day one. Pretty sure I built the wagon. AHTR.

Rugrat wrote:

Lmao

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/29/2020 10:46 pm  #355

sportsfan7 wrote:

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I have family from Texas and usual root for them if MN doesn't have a team.

At least I know I won't be alone come next season when Minnesota's team begins play.

8/29/2020 10:51 pm  #356

Rugrat wrote:

I legitimately was taking a drink of water when I read this and promptly spit it out laughing while reading this comment.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/29/2020 11:17 pm  #357

If the Redbacks win the title again this year, I will break my foot with a hammer.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/30/2020 9:53 pm  #358

ThisIsFine wrote:

If the Redbacks win the title again this year, I will break my foot with a hammer.

That, ah, doesn't seem like a great plan.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/31/2020 7:59 pm  #359

ThisIsFine wrote:

I keep seeing every non-Redbacks fan promising some crazy thing if they win again... I'm tempted to do so too. Usually my go-to bet is to ask a girl out, but cant really do that in the pandemic. So I will instead bet that if the Redbacks win, I will try to go through all 70 years of a soccer league simulation I have (ive been putting off doing write-ups and jerseys for well... 70 years) 

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

9/02/2020 2:51 pm  #360

Nashville Fugitives vs Philadelphia Row
The script for this series had seemingly been flipped since the playoffs began. The Fugitives had responded to criticism by sweeping the Chargers, albeit in a rather close series, and while the Row had also advanced with a sweep, they struggled a bit against a rather pedestrian Records team. That said, Philly was still clearly the better team, and showed it with a 161-117 victory, dominated by F/K Ray Thomas in particular, who scored 34 of those points and was even more dominant in the crease, making 23 saves and only allowing 6 balls by him. In Game 2, Nashville tried to slow the pace, and while they were able to stunt the Row’s offense, holding them to 136 points, it also limited them to just 90. Thomas made another 19 saves, while W/ZB Zebedeo Perilla led the way with 38 points contributed.

With Trashville behind them in Game 3, the Fugues got off to a much better start. They still weren’t completely able to solve Philly’s defense, but their offense was keeping them in the game and they were hanging on at the half, only down by 11. Unfortunately, that was the way the whole game seemed to be going - Nashville was performing well, but the Row always seemed just out of reach, and after Ray Thomas and B/ZB Kenton Snowberger led Philly on a 16-3 run in the second, the game was just about over. The Row picked the pace back up in Game 4, and took out the trash with a 67-point win, sending them back to the NDLCS.

Chicago Frost vs Texas Redbacks
Game 1 of this series stood in stark contrast to the last four games Texas had played. While the Backs spent a week dismantling the entire Seattle organization, they managed just 127 points against the Frost. While they still got a win, and fairly convincingly, Chicago was able to slow things down enough to keep things relatively close. Texas’s offense picked things back up a bit in Game 2, with B/K Semarias Garcia contributing on 39 of his team’s 154 points, and while the Frost struggled a bit to keep up, there was hope that they might be able to put something together on their home court.

That hope seemed unfounded in Game 3, which seemed like almost a carbon copy of Game 2, and the score reflected this. The only difference was that W/ZB Larry Whitt led the team in points contributed with 41, one of the rare times that anyone was able to beat out Garcia. Regardless, Texas jumped out to yet another 3-0 lead, looking to finish off Chicago in what would be the sixth sweep of these playoffs. The Flakes weren’t about to go down without a fight, though. They were able to slow the pace back down, and combined with getting hot at the right times, were able to match the Redbacks. With the game tied, the Frost had the ball looking for the final shot. After trying and failing to get the ball inside, the ball eventually made its way back to B/ZB Tony Bennett, who launched a jump shot from well outside the 5-point line. After what seemed like an eternity, the shot fell, sending the series back to Dallas. Unfortunately, Chicago could only delay the inevitable for so long, as the Texas offense picked up where it left off, returning to vie for yet another championship.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera