Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2021 7:45 pm  #161

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Why wouldn’t Calgary be in there? They have the second most points of any 4-3 team. If it is by head-to-head, I think they beat New York at some point. I love the potential narrative, but I have to stand up for my division here.

Luckily we have time for some distance to be created. Not sure what Fantrax uses as the tie breaker. I'll work on finding that answer for you. 

3/01/2021 8:39 pm  #162

Welcome to the Eastern Conference... where 4-3 and the 2nd most points scored in the division gets you... 5th place.

Gritty, we may need some serious tiebreakers sorted out before the playoffs because it's gonna get messy.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/02/2021 3:57 pm  #163

Steelman wrote:

Welcome to the Eastern Conference... where 4-3 and the 2nd most points scored in the division gets you... 5th place.

Gritty, we may need some serious tiebreakers sorted out before the playoffs because it's gonna get messy.

What he said.

As for the Goyles, I'm kind of over our nail biter games. 4 of our games have all been decided by less then like 3 points. This weeks could also end up being super close. We could be 5-2 or 1-6, it's kind of stressing me out.

3/04/2021 9:50 pm  #164

Just a quick question, how rounds are in future drafts for potential trades?

3/06/2021 9:52 am  #165

pretty crazy that all the Eastern Conference teams are in the playoffs right now. What is the Central Conference even doing???

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

3/06/2021 10:32 am  #166

master BDoof (CodeG) wrote:

pretty crazy that all the Eastern Conference teams are in the playoffs right now. What is the Central Conference even doing???

We're trying our best. We happen to have two of the top scoring teams in the league, they've been incredibly unlucky.

3/06/2021 1:38 pm  #167

Darknes wrote:

Just a quick question, how rounds are in future drafts for potential trades?

This is a good question. I'll address this more in the coming days at the mid-way break 'state of the union'. 

master BDoof (CodeG) wrote:

Only half way through the season. There are some big match-ups in the future that'll even things out. I can't imagine the East send all 6 teams to the playoffs. 

3/07/2021 2:33 pm  #168

AltHL Community! 

We have hit the mid-way point of the 2021 AltHL season.  I have truly come to love all of our franchises. Believe it or not the AltHL project is a year old! It's success has spawned two spinoff leagues (and hopefully more). With that said i wanted to look ahead at some of the fun things on the horizon for the AltHL.  

1.) 2021 AltHL All Star Game from Calgary, Alberta
Today is the 2021 AltHL All Star Game. And while we won't actually play a game I'd like to think the conferences could do a 3v3 tourney similar to the NHL. SInce we didn't decide where this All Star would be (we will in the future) - Calgary was randomly selected as our host this year. The All Stars were selected by their ranking (as of this post). In the star is their ranking so you can see how everyone is doing. A quick shoutout to Philadelphia for having the most All Stars including the top 3 defensemen and top goalie. McDavid went first overall in the draft to Minnesota and is the #1 ranked player at the break. The uniforms depict the template for all of the players. I just picked the logo of the top player for each team. 

2.) The 2021 AltHL Playoffs
The playoffs are just 8 weeks away. It seems as if the race to the finish is going to be fierce.  The parity in this league is a really good thing. The top 8 teams will make the playoffs. It will be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 and 4v5. The teams will be reseeded in the second round. 

3.) The Adams Cup and the Canadian Shield
To keep tradition alive. The top ranked American team of the regular season will win the Adams Cup. The Canadian Shield will be awarded to Canada's top team. 

4.) AltHL Farm League
Just for fun, tomorrow I am going to be posting about the standings of the AltHL, scores from Week 8, as well as the current standings of the AltHL Farm Leagues. As I put together the graphics I just wanted to make sure that no one wanted to change their minor league teams. 

As of right now I don't have the minor league teams for SEATTLE, PHILADELPHIA, and DENVER. There is a real possibility that I just missed them way back then BUT if you want yours to be included just reach out to me. Thanks. 

5.) AltHL Expansion
Everyone's favorite topic. A number of people have reached out to me about joining the AltHL. There are a number of factors to be considered before we do this.  Therefore, TODAY, all I am asking for is that interested expansion owners should PM me ASAP (even if you have previously reached out to me).  Depending on the number of interested people we will be solidifying our expansion plan.  I have a number of expansion options that I will pose for voting and discussion. So for now, let's not do any speculation because it is very much dependent on our numbers. But as always, I promise there is a plan and please be patient. The goal is that the process will begin once we complete the AltBA's design process. My anticipated timeline suggests that our expansion teams should be finalized with designs and owners during our Alt Cup Championship week. If you have any questions please PM me. In the mean time, just get excited. 

6.) Roster Moves
Darknes had reached out with a question about trading draft picks. Due to looming expansion there are a lot of variables in the air. Therefore I would say NO to trading draft picks (for this year). 

6.) The AltHL World Cup
People have also been interested in dabbling in foreign markets for clubs. During the AltHL's offseason we will be developing 12 teams from around the world. Why 12? Next February there will be Winter Olympics.  Our 12 clubs will be Legacy matched up with each of the Olympic hockey teams. Eventually the teams that we develop may be used for expansion purposes into the AltHL. But for now, it'll be fun to design them and see how they do at the Olympics and the World Juniors. There will be more about this in the offseason. But it is something to look forward to. 

Remember through all of these projects the goal is to enrich our AltHL experience without watering down the product. So the moves that we make will require patience. Hope these updates bring a spark to your Sundays. 

Last edited by Gritty (3/07/2021 2:34 pm)

3/08/2021 11:15 am  #169

Week 8 is behind us. Officially half way through the year. Fantrax hasn't updated the standings yet so I did my best updating them for us. If its slightly off, oh well. I'm also trying to figure out what to do with Farm League AA because so many of our teams have suspended operations for this season due to Covid. So stay tuned! More updates about AltHL Expansion coming this week. 

3/08/2021 11:01 pm  #170

Wow, Kansas City doing what the parent team Denver can't - win.

Board footera