Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2020 12:23 am  #51

Re: Playoff Hockey Is Back!

Well with all the series at a 3-1 it seems as though we'll be looking at Vegas vs Dallas on the West and Tampa Bay vs New York on the East. I don't really have a favorite out of any of these. I think the best looking match up would be Dallas vs New York, but I think any combination would look great.
As for actual predictions, I'll say Dallas, who's lookin real scary right about now takes out Vegas in 7 and Tampa Bay strikes down the Isles in 6 to set up a never before seen Stanley Cup matchup.

8/31/2020 8:39 am  #52

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I know this is late but my Round 2 predictions:

Vancouver in 6 - I honestly am kinda sick of Vegas. I think if Markstrom can step up they can win this series.

Dallas in 7 - 2-0 YEAH! I would make this a 6 game series if not for the fact that 1) our offensive production has always been our biggest flaw in recent years and 2) Francouz may turn out to be a decent backup like Dobby and 3) Grubauer might come back.

New York in 6 - Sorry Gritty, I just feel like the Islanders have been the better team. Varlamov has really found his stride and I can easily see their offensive production clicking with him to make a devestating offense/defense combo.

Tampa in 6 - This could really go either way, but I go Lightning mostly because they seem like the most “complete” team playing right now.

Ha no worries. I completely agree. I have been really impressed by the Islanders speed and hustle. Their forecheck is insane.  It doesn't help that the Flyers stars have been MIA.  

Out of the potential series of Dallas v. Vegas and New York v. Tampa I'd be cheering for a Vegas-Tampa final.  I think Tampa is really strong.  This year they are matching their talent with grittiness.  I think Vegas is ultimately like the Isles but with more scoring talent.  Dallas and the Islanders have been outstanding though.  Should be good series. 

8/31/2020 11:41 am  #53

Assuming all the teams up 3-1 win here are my predictions for the rest of the playoffs.
Dallas vs. Vegas- Stars in 7
Isles vs. Lightning Bolts in 6
Conference finals are looking good. Should be two fun series

8/31/2020 9:19 pm  #54

0-5 in less than twenty minutes.

Ben Bishop you doing okay? You sure you're still not injured?

8/31/2020 9:24 pm  #55

Ben Bishop. Wow. That's brutal.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/31/2020 10:23 pm  #56

At least the Bruins didn't go out with a whimper. Shame that's probably the last time you'll see Chara in a Bruins Sweater.

9/02/2020 9:38 pm  #57

> tfw the team you've wanted to see have success in your lifetime finally does taste it and they're about to blow a 3-1 lead

Last edited by CCLXXXVII (9/02/2020 9:39 pm)

9/03/2020 6:03 pm  #58

2020 has been rough. Obviously pulling for a Flyer win tonight. But no matter what...Oskar Lindblom is back in the lineup after his battle with cancer this year.

9/03/2020 7:23 pm  #59

My money's on the Knights today. One more win and they're going through the Conference Finals.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

9/04/2020 5:44 pm  #60

This game.

Just...this game.

Overtime time. Let’s do it boys.

Board footera