Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 9:12 pm  #61

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

And there it is! Steel takes his hometown Grizzlies, adding another surprise to the list. This draft has gone quite differently compared to the AltHL, some "obvious" picks seem to be way off. Next is Darknes, who many have pegged for Boston. Maybe we'll get yet another surprise, but this one feels pretty cut and dry as well.

6/28/2020 9:14 pm  #62

All the speculation on my choice was quite fascinating to read! LOL

With everything going on today, I honestly wasn't even sure myself who'd I pick until a few minutes ago. Some of y'all were pretty close on my thought process.

The orange and cream of Dallas was hard to pass up especially since I'm from DFW and it would make a congruent brand with my Halifax Kingfishers. I do love me some cream. I also loved the design and color scheme for San Antonio which I think is super unique. Honestly, as of a few hours ago, I was still considering taking Boston as I really like how that brand turned out. Chicago was high on my list but fortunately DireBear made it a little easier for me.

After reading all the fun speculation I almost decided to just pick a super random team. I probably would have gone with Birmingham because I like that black and red scheme.

But in the end, the pull of my new home state was too great.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/28/2020 9:15 pm  #63

Yeah, not going for any sheningans here, it's cut and dry like a good steak before hitting a pan.

6/28/2020 9:16 pm  #64

And now I watch...will my initial plan work out, or will I have to go with my plan B?

6/28/2020 9:18 pm  #65

And the next two dominoes fall! Nice cover up too! I'm honestly surprised at the Portland pick, I thought Dallas was almost a shoe in! It'll be fun battling off with you in the West Steel! 
Darknes is pretty run of the mill. I hope my uniforms bid you well!

6/28/2020 9:19 pm  #66

I hope so too, I'm a native son..and I'm trying to do my hometown teams proud. I'm already working on the stadium for the Riders.

6/28/2020 9:19 pm  #67

I’m guessing Dan’s gonna be at some Milwaukee brewery half wasted for his pick? I might be throwing a dart here at the board, but it may be a thing.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 9:25 pm  #68

Not surprised by Darknes going with Boston, and I'm fully expecting Dan takes advantage of his hometown Mallards being available. After that, it gets a little crazier. 

6/28/2020 9:26 pm  #69

QCS wrote:

Not surprised by Darknes going with Boston, and I'm fully expecting Dan takes advantage of his hometown Mallards being available. After that, it gets a little crazier. 

Yup, after Dan, we may need to call the AltHL refs in to work overtime to break up more fistfights.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 9:46 pm  #70

and there we go, Dan went off the Board and went with the Emperors. 

Board footera