Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2020 5:23 pm  #351

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Well I was shocked that Javon Kinlaw fell as far as he did, I think he's a top 4 or 5 defensive player in this draft, and so I started hoping he'd fall all the way to me, Section nabbed him though, but I'm happy with Chaisson. As for Higgins, he was kind of who I was expecting I'd get to, real happy with getting a Bengal, I got high hopes for him.

7/05/2020 5:27 pm  #352

I was surprised as well that Kinlaw fell as far as he did. He was #1 on my list, but then S30 came in and swooped him away from me. Oh well, taking my #2 in Akers isn't as bad. 

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

7/05/2020 5:58 pm  #353

I struggle with the value a DT provides in a Fantasy Football setting, so that's why even though Kinlaw is going to be a very good player, in my opinion, the other positions on defense feel like they'll provide more numbers. It's why I went with Murray over Kinlaw.

Seeing Akers go was tough for me. I was hoping he was going to make it to my second pick (I knew Murray wouldn't). I think he's going to get the bulk of the carries in LA for the Rams, and will likely provide a bunch of value right off the bat.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/05/2020 6:12 pm  #354

I think Murray was a great pick. I was hoping he might get overlooked and I could snag him in the second, but I see now people had their eyes on him.

As this second round starts, I still have a good amount of players that I'd like to take. I'm interested at what direction teams might take with their second pick. Are people going to start reaching for players they might think could do good? or pick players on their favorite NFL teams? Maybe people will try and take players from different positions, or maybe someone will take a player from the same position as their first pick to stack up. Lots of variables left to see for sure. 

7/05/2020 6:20 pm  #355

My general rule for the rookie draft is can I get some value from this player, like I see Jefferson will get used in the Minnesota system from Day 1.

7/05/2020 8:18 pm  #356

Darknes wrote:

My general rule for the rookie draft is can I get some value from this player, like I see Jefferson will get used in the Minnesota system from Day 1.

Same here, I was actually going with Jefferson for my first pick but you beat me to him, I'm happy with nabbing Kinlaw though

7/05/2020 8:21 pm  #357

I had a feeling you were trying to grab Jefferson 

7/05/2020 10:04 pm  #358

I decided to double up on WR's since there were no rookie defensive prospects left that I'm high on. In real life I think Pittman is another JuJu who plays better than he tests. He probably won't be huge in fantasy but I really liked him as a prospect.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/05/2020 10:06 pm  #359

and there's my pick that goes off the board with Asiasi, I know McDaniels loves his tight ends and he seems like he'll be able to do some work in the New England offense no matter which QB is under center.

7/05/2020 11:08 pm  #360

I know Dillon is a bit of a homer pick as a Packer fan, but he supplants Jamaal Williams as the RB2 right away, and I don't think they re-sign Jones after this season.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera