Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 2:24 pm  #161

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

What’s funny is that until I typed KC I had not decided who I wanted. So that “Ummmm KC I guess” was as real as my fictional character saying it. I was actually jumping between KC/Dallas 50/50. If Steelman would have taken SA, which was more than possible, I would have taken Dallas. That would have been both teams out in the top 8.

Speaking of drafts, I know we go reverse order for picking players, but I’m concerned about even playing field. Do we go reverse 24 to 1 order for both the rookie draft and the real draft? Or switch back and forth. 24 to 1 for the rookie draft then back to 1 to 24 for the real draft?

Wow, it was a small twist of fate that led to the Texas teams dropping like this. As for the draft, my guess (Gritty's the only one that knows for sure) is that the rookie draft will be two serpentine rounds based on owner draft order while the real draft will be a random draw with a serpentine style as well. Come to think of it, we actually don't know what the draft style for the AltHL will be, do we?

6/29/2020 2:26 pm  #162

What’s funny is that until I typed KC I had not decided who I wanted. So that “Ummmm KC I guess” was as real as my fictional character saying it. I was actually jumping between KC/Dallas 50/50. If Steelman would have taken SA, which was more than possible, I would have taken Dallas. That would have been both teams out in the top 8.

Speaking of drafts, I know we go reverse order for picking players, but I’m concerned about even playing field. Do we go reverse 24 to 1 order for both the rookie draft and the real draft? Or switch back and forth. 24 to 1 for the rookie draft then back to 1 to 24 for the real draft?

Good question i am working on a post to cover all of that.  I am waiting to post it until after the Owner Draft.  If the Owner Draft isn't don't by tomorrow for some reason I'll post it anyway.  So we can get ready the draft(s).

6/29/2020 2:33 pm  #163

Gritty wrote:

Good question i am working on a post to cover all of that.  I am waiting to post it until after the Owner Draft.  If the Owner Draft isn't don't by tomorrow for some reason I'll post it anyway.  So we can get ready the draft(s).

Sounds good! Thanks for staying on top of things, Gritty.

6/29/2020 3:35 pm  #164

I’m definitely surprised to see San Antonio and Dallas still available. They’re both fantastic identities. I was REAL close to choosing SA.

In retrospect I guess I should have seen Buffalo for 3PT but didn’t expect Andy to go for Miami. Draft chaos is the best!

QCS couldn’t ignore the pull of his hometown despite his reservations about the name and identity. Fun how that works. Haha. Our hometown blood dies hard.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/29/2020 3:35 pm  #165

I think my favorite thing is watching everyone's signatures and stuff changing. I had to mess around with an online editor to get what I have just so I wasn't left out.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 3:40 pm  #166

Steelman wrote:

I’m definitely surprised to see San Antonio and Dallas still available. They’re both fantastic identities. I was REAL close to choosing SA.

In retrospect I guess I should have seen Buffalo for 3PT but didn’t expect Andy to go for Miami. Draft chaos is the best!

QCS couldn’t ignore the pull of his hometown despite his reservations about the name and identity. Fun how that works. Haha. Our hometown blood dies hard.

That hometown pull is real. I had the Mallards in 8th, and the Emperors in 2nd, with a few teams in between, and I still almost took the Mallards. Honestly, if it weren't for Burmy being right there, I may have done it, too. But I felt confident that Scratch wasn't going to take Milwaukee, and I wanted to at least give Burmy a shot at Milwaukee on his pick.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 3:46 pm  #167

Steelman wrote:

To be fair they were also at the top of my wish list, but I considered going to the next one on my list (Kentucky) just to avoid getting Carolina. But yeah, the hometown pull was too strong!

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I think my favorite thing is watching everyone's signatures and stuff changing. I had to mess around with an online editor to get what I have just so I wasn't left out.

Oh yeah, messing around with that is fun. When I took the Bigs I got to use "Welcome to the Hockey Mountains" and now I have "The Green and Scarlet, All for Charlotte", so coming up with slogans and stuff is a fun time. I really like what you've done as well, that yellow, gray, and black scheme is clean.

Last edited by QCS (6/29/2020 3:46 pm)

6/29/2020 3:55 pm  #168

Steelman wrote:

Funny thing about that. The last few hours before I made up my mind, Kentucky wasn't even a team I was really thinking about. Neither was New York, although the temptation to match up with my 'Goyles was interesting. The three teams it came down to for me was San Diego, Chicago, and Boston. But if Kentucky had a uniform design I liked more, I would've easily chose them. Since I didn't really like how their uniforms came out, especially the two different helmets on the home and away, I decided to pick my favorite identity, which ended up being the Destroyers, which also happened to be my favorite of my names that I submitted.

6/29/2020 10:21 pm  #169

To the surprise of no one, a Texas team is taken off the board!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 10:26 pm  #170

It's surprising that it took this long for the Phantoms to go. Gotta assume the Bandits will go soon.

Board footera