Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2020 6:32 pm  #201

Re: Escalian Football League

1970-71 Offseason Part 3: South Division Updates

Adelaide went under a mini-makeover, changing up their shade of blue to a darker one and slightly brightening their green. Their uniforms saw some change as well, ditching the gray in favor of white, as well as having some stripe variation to go along with their tradition of mismatched home/away sets. Previous uniform is here.

The Bulls changed up their home and sets, with the home set removing the UCLA stripes and the away removing the sleeve stripes. Their orange alternate still has both, with new owner Victor Sharman saying "(The alt) is a combination of the home and away, combining both aspects into one." Previous uniform is here.

Duvall's set is unchanged, just updating to the new uniform template

Homestead changed up their set, with their pants changing from gray to black, their home uniform number changing to white, and switching their socks to gray instead of black. Previous set is here.

The defending champs in Norfolk changed the coloration of their away sleeve stripes, making it more like Adelaide's striping instead of having the green and brown muddy each other up. Another star is also added to their patch. Previous set is here.

And finally, Tallokope City removed the outlines on their home uniforms' numbers, as well as changed their cleats to white. Previous set is here.

C&C Appreciated!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

12/26/2020 9:11 pm  #202

I really like both of the expansion teams! Fort McLeod reminds me of a cross between Green Bay and Edmonton. 

I love what you did with Pattalia! Fantastic color scheme. I like the bear claw a lot. I dig the idea to make it into a P but I think you could do some things to help out the descender. Something a little thicker/wider and rounder would help a lot. Right now it's too thin and square so it doesn't fit the rest of the vibe imo. I'm a fan though. I think they'll be my second team.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/26/2020 11:02 pm  #203

Generals: Definitely see the Packers/Edmonton Football Team connection.  I also see one of my new favorite teams!  Love the backstory and design of this team!

Grizzlies: Really loving the color combo and the design of these uniforms!  I'm not quite sold on the primary logo yet, though weirdly enough, somehow in my mind I can see the beginning of this being a part of a bear's eye, (especially if you mirror the imagine... just a potential idea for down the road).  Definitely a really nice looking team!

I'll go quick with the updated current teams...

Miners: Going with brown helmets was the right call in my opinion.  

Lumberjacks and Gatekeepers: Again, an improvement to fix the sleeve stripes, it's a small change, but worth it.

Owls: Same, but the increased use of white helped this teams look!

Racers: Loving the idea of a remodel down the road, though this current update is very nice!

Bulls: Their inconsistent use of striping feels a bit wrong, but I'm betting that's the idea.  This one is funny and I kinda like it!

Reapers: I like the new road uniforms, I think the changes have helped that uniforms.  However, not quite feeling the white numbers on the home jersey, that jersey really needs more white, (maybe the socks?, switching the away jersey socks to white would be nice too if that gets down).

Angels: Adding white helped this team a bit

Yeah, overall, I like what I'm seeing!

12/26/2020 11:26 pm  #204

Man Fort McLeod looks amazing! I think I'm going to have to switch teams here. Sorry Kierport but I've found my team.

The rest of the updates look good as well.

12/27/2020 3:37 pm  #205

Yeah, I might have to do the same as Pepper. That Generals look is gold (well, I guess it's mostly green, but I love it). Pattalia looks great too, though I'll echo Steel's thoughts about the P in the logo. The updates look good as well; I especially like Ashonta's move to a brown helmet. Great stuff!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

12/29/2020 7:54 pm  #206

Wallflower wrote:

Great work on both of the designs here Dire. I will say that Pattalia look is probably one of if not my favourites in the league. I may have finally found my team. 

Fort McLeod gives me Edmonton Football Team vibes with the sleeve stripes, but its a strong look!

Glad you've found your team! Hopefully they'll find some success in their early years.

Steelman wrote:

I really like both of the expansion teams! Fort McLeod reminds me of a cross between Green Bay and Edmonton. 

I love what you did with Pattalia! Fantastic color scheme. I like the bear claw a lot. I dig the idea to make it into a P but I think you could do some things to help out the descender. Something a little thicker/wider and rounder would help a lot. Right now it's too thin and square so it doesn't fit the rest of the vibe imo. I'm a fan though. I think they'll be my second team.

I can see the Edmonton connection, and the Green Bay one might be because I used their wordmark font because it looked pretty army stencil-like to me. I can see the problem with Pattalia, and I'll definitely be fixing that soon. Thanks! 

Stickman wrote:

Generals: Definitely see the Packers/Edmonton Football Team connection.  I also see one of my new favorite teams!  Love the backstory and design of this team!

Grizzlies: Really loving the color combo and the design of these uniforms!  I'm not quite sold on the primary logo yet, though weirdly enough, somehow in my mind I can see the beginning of this being a part of a bear's eye, (especially if you mirror the imagine... just a potential idea for down the road).  Definitely a really nice looking team!

I'll go quick with the updated current teams...

Miners: Going with brown helmets was the right call in my opinion.  

Lumberjacks and Gatekeepers: Again, an improvement to fix the sleeve stripes, it's a small change, but worth it.

Owls: Same, but the increased use of white helped this teams look!

Racers: Loving the idea of a remodel down the road, though this current update is very nice!

Bulls: Their inconsistent use of striping feels a bit wrong, but I'm betting that's the idea.  This one is funny and I kinda like it!

Reapers: I like the new road uniforms, I think the changes have helped that uniforms.  However, not quite feeling the white numbers on the home jersey, that jersey really needs more white, (maybe the socks?, switching the away jersey socks to white would be nice too if that gets down).

Angels: Adding white helped this team a bit

Yeah, overall, I like what I'm seeing!

Glad you like the updates! The Bulls' striping inconsistancy is definitely deliberate, as I was trying for that 70's weirdness yet not going completely overboard. I'll have to look at the Reapers again and see what I can do with them, but thanks for the suggestions!

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Man Fort McLeod looks amazing! I think I'm going to have to switch teams here. Sorry Kierport but I've found my team.

The rest of the updates look good as well.

Glad you've found a new team! Kierport looks to be in a hole for some time now, so maybe switching to a new team in the meantime may be more entertaining than watching your current team fall into a downward spiral lol. 

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Yeah, I might have to do the same as Pepper. That Generals look is gold (well, I guess it's mostly green, but I love it). Pattalia looks great too, though I'll echo Steel's thoughts about the P in the logo. The updates look good as well; I especially like Ashonta's move to a brown helmet. Great stuff!

Thanks IDM!

The 1971 regular season will be up shortly! Stay tuned!

12/29/2020 7:59 pm  #207

1971 Season

Beginning with this season, the league expanded from 12 to 14 games in its regular season, and expanded its playoffs to 6 teams. For this season only, the top 3 teams in the 2 divisions will make the playoffs, with the first place team getting a bye and the 2nd and 3rd place teams playing each other in a playoff game to face the 1st place team.

North Division 
The Miners once again ran the table for the North, clinching their 3rd straight North Division title, with QB Daniel Haumann finally breaking through and winning MVP honors en route to a bye. The next two playoff spots in the North didn’t come as easy for the Miners. Ellesby, Hadley, and Saint Blaise were in a dogfight for the last few weeks of the season to claim the last spot. The Angels entered week 10 at 4-6, and won three straight, including a week 11 win over the Mariners to tie their head-to-head series against them, to keep their playoff hopes alive. Angels fans prayed for a win over the Gatekeepers, who were in the midst of a 4 game winning streak to clinch a playoff berth in week 13, and for the Mariners to lose to the lowly Knights. Unfortunately, neither of those options came true, as Ellesby wiped out the Knights 37-10 and Hadley handily defeated the Angels 43-27 for the Mariners to sneak in. The rest of the North wasn’t as exciting, with the Racers and Knights slogging through rough seasons but didn’t land in the basement. The new basement dweller in the North was the expansion Grizzlies, who struggled all year in a tough division and lone bright spot was a week 5 upset win over the Gatekeepers, their first win as a franchise.  

South Division 
If you thought the North was cutthroat, then the South was ever more so. All but one team in this division was within a game of the division leader at some point all season, the lone exception being the Bulls. At the halfway point of the season, it looked like Adelaide and Norfolk would be fighting for the top two spots, but the Owls suffered a mid-season collapse after starting 5-2 on the year, but soon fell to 7-6 thanks to a multitude of injuries to their offensive line, significantly harming their production. On the other hand, Duvall surged on a 7-game winning streak to take the top spot in the South away from the Lumberjacks, who finished at a solid 10-4 in second. For the last spot, it came down to a week 14 showdown between the Owls, and this year’s surprise team in the Reapers. HC Conrad Logan must have gotten over his first year jitters as head coach, as he significantly improved the defense like he did in Norfolk, and QB Garret Morse had a breakout season since entering the league in 1969. This game was a nailbiter all the way through, with Adelaide up 28-26 with less than 2 minutes left to play. Unfortunately for the Owls, their lead didn’t stick, as Morse found an open receiver in the back of the endzone with 2 seconds left on the clock to clinch their way to their first ever winning season and playoff berth. Although they still don’t have a season above .500, the Anchors look significantly better than in years past with the new coaching staff, and look to be on their way up. Fort McLeod had the best season for an expansion team so far, being led by 1st overall pick RB Ben Blakesley to a near .500 season. They started the year with a win over their expansion brothers in Pattalia, then stunned the Lumberjacks the next week to begin the year 2-0. They fell off by mid-season, but they look to be a team on the rise if they can continue their success from this year. 

Awards
Most Valuable Player: QB Daniel Baumann (ASH)
Most Valuable Coach: Conrad Logan (HOM)
Most Outstanding Offensive Player: QB Harold Bauer (x2)
Most Outstanding Defensive Player: DL Darren Abrahams (NOR) (x2)
Most Outstanding Rookie: RB Ben Blakesley (FTM) 

First Round Preview: 

Homestead Reapers @ Norfolk Lumberjacks
Previous Matchups: W5: HOM 6-20 NOR. W13: NOR 25-17 HOM
The Lumberjacks have continued their success, only having a minor slip-up to knock them out of the bye. QB Nathan Slezak finished 3rd in MVP voting, and the defense looks like they have more years to come in them. Homestead, on the other hand, is incredibly new to the playoffs and the sensation of a winning season, so their inexperience on both ends may be their downfall.
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: Norfolk keeps on rolling against the Reapers as they head to Duvall for a rematch of last years’ South Division Final. 26-10 NOR 

Ellesby Mariners @ Hadley Gatekeepers
Previous Matchups: W7: HAD 27-31 ELB, W13: ELB 10-17 HAD
These two rivals have split their series against each other, and had to go through one another once again to get to the Cup. Hadley’s offense has been producing around the same numbers they had in ‘69, and Ellesby has seen some reduced offensive numbers since the departure of long term RB Wendell Ellis, with former backup Freeman Lockwood taking up the mantle and producing less-than-stellar numbers, and Ellesby’s defense looks to be the same as ever.
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: The ‘Keepers are red-hot, and they’ll stay hot going into Ashonta with a win over the Mariners. 20-16 HAD 

1/03/2021 5:50 pm  #208

1971 Playoffs: First Round 

Homestead Reapers @ Norfolk Lumberjacks 

The Lumberjacks had some confidence rolling into their home stadium as the Reapers came to town for their first ever playoff game. Norfolk DC Vincent Rutton had a simple plan for the defense: make young QB Garret Morse as uncomfortable as possible. Their plan succeeded at first, as they forced a punt from the young Reapers team on the first drive of the game following three straight incompletions from Morse into heavy coverage. NOR QB Nathan Slezak led his team down the field on their first possession of the game, but were stopped just short of the endzone on a goal line stand and settled for a field goal for the first points of the playoffs. After another 3-and-out from the Reapers, Norfolk had the ball once again. RB Timmy Whittle started the drive off strong with a 36 yard run, but their momentum whittled down soon after and took a 6-0 lead off of another field goal by K Isaac Brandt. The Lumberjacks’ defense couldn’t hold off Morse for all game, as cracks began to show in the Norfolk D-Line. Morse took advantage of this, as he threw a dime to WR David Farran in the middle of the field, who then ran 30 yards for the first TD of the day and to take a surprising 7-6 lead heading into the second quarter.
END OF Q1: 7-6 HOM
The Lumberjacks still struggled to get into the endzone to begin their first drive of the quarter, as Slezak found WR Al Hartman for 29 yards, but were once again stopped short of the endzone and took back the lead with a FG to make the game 9-7. The cracks patched themselves up by the time the Reapers got the ball again, as DL Darren Abrahams and the stalwart defense held strong on the front and prevented Morse from scoring anything this quarter. Slezak, on the other hand, kept finding his targets as the Lumberjacks finally found the endzone after a 8 play drive where Slezak found TE Riley Ott on a short 2 yard pass to the back of the endzone to extend their lead to 9. Nothing else of note happened in the last few minutes of the half, as the Lumberjacks and Reapers trotted into the locker room ready to prep for the second half.
END OF Q2: 16-7 NOR
Norfolk got the ball first to begin the second half, but were stopped before they crossed midfield and punted the ball away to end their first possession. Homestead made it past the 50 on their first drive, but didn’t make it far past it and punted it right back to the Lumberjacks. After a good few minutes of punting back and forth, the Reapers got the ball back and actually got into good scoring range with a RB Rudolf Warwick run for 24 yards. Warwick finished off the 8 play drive a few plays later with a 1 yard plunge to cut the difference to 2. That drive by the Reapers was the lone bright spot of the quarter, as Slezak and the Lumberjacks failed to get anything going and were held scoreless, while the Reapers were still struggling to get through the Norfolk D.
END OF Q3: 16-14 NOR
Luckily for the Reapers, their struggles didn’t last long early into the 4th, as Morse found Farran once again for 30 yards to get them past midfield and into field goal range. Also fortunately for the Reapers, they didn’t need to settle for 3 as Morse found WR Arthur Reeves for 5 yards to take the lead for the first time since the 2nd quarter. Their luck stopped after that drive though, as Slezak and company finally got some rhythm and found themselves marching their way downfield, and they retook the lead on a 29 yard run by Whittle. The Reapers tried to go something going with the limited time they had, but an Morse passed intercepted by DB Tom Nifterick sealed the game in the ‘Jacks’ favor to advance them to Duvall for the South Final
FINAL: 23-21 NOR 

Ellesby Mariners @ Hadley Gatekeepers 

For the first time in the playoffs, these two teams are not facing each other for a trip directly to the Escalian Cup. Instead, these two rivals face each other for a trip to Ashonta for the North Division Final. The Mariners started out with the ball, and they took their sweet time making their way downfield, taking up almost 8 minutes just to get to the goalline. Fortunately for them, they didn’t stumble on the goalline, as QB Matt Kollen snuck his way in on a QB sneak for 1 yard to take a 7-0 lead. The Gatekeepers tried to get within scoring range to at least tie the game up, but the Mariners defense held strong and prevented Hadley from scoring in the first.
END OF Q1: 7-0 ELB
While the first quarter was all about the Mariners, this quarter was all about the Gatekeepers, as they cruised straight through the Ellesby defense with a QB Jack Reuter throw to WR Andrew Padmore, who parted the Mariners for a 47 yard score to tie the game up at 7. After a bit of back-and-forth punting from both teams, Hadley got the ball back with about 5 minutes left and were determined to take the lead before the end of the half. It didn’t take long for the Gatekeepers, as RB Clint Atwood diced his way through the Mariners secondary for a 25 yard gain to set them up in field goal range. K Ethan Tracey nailed one through the uprights with about 2 minutes left in the half, and the Mariners attempted to retake the lead, ultimately coming up just short before halftime hit.
END OF Q2: 10-7 HAD
Hadley got going slowly to open the second half, as they grinded their way into the redzone on a 6 minute drive, but were stopped just outside the 10 yard line before settling for a field goal to extend the lead to 6. On the Mariners’ first drive of the half, something clicked on their offense, as Kollen found WR Sal Reeves on a quick slant for 15 to begin a quick 5 play drive, ending in a 40 yard rush by RB Freeman Lockwood for a TD to retake the lead. After a quick three-and-out by the Gatekeepers, Ellesby had the ball back, and once again struck quickly on a throw by Kollen to Reeves for 30 on a 4 play drive to extend their lead to 8 before the start of the 4th quarter.
END OF Q3: 21-13 ELB
The Mariners forced another punt from the Gatekeepers, and they kept their momentum running into the 4th, as another quick drive was capped off by a 16 yard run by Lockwood for his second TD of the day. Hadley recovered from their mediocrity from the 3rd, as Reuter had an-MVP caliber drive completing all passes on their way to the 2 yard line, where three runs by Atwood were stopped by the Mariners defense and Hadley once again kicked another FG. After both teams took turns giving the ball back to each on punts, Reuter had the ball again and looked to make one of his trademark comebacks. However, this was short lived as a ball intended for Padmore was tipped up and intercepted by DB Raleigh Gibson, who returned it 39 yards back for a TD, effectively sealing the game in Ellesby’s favor. Time soon ran out, and the Mariners moved on and broke a 4 game playoff losing streak dating back to the 8th Escalian Cup.
FINAL: 35-16 ELB 

Division Final Preview: 

Norfolk Lumberjacks @ Duvall Dragons
Previous Matchups: W1: NOR 31-13 DUV, W10: DUV 10-3 NOR
These two teams fought tooth and nail all season long for the top spot in the South, with the Dragons eventually pulling ahead and taking home their 6th South Division title. The defending champs in the Lumberjacks don’t look like they’ll go down without a fight, as most of these playoff games between these two teams seem to go. 
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: Norfolk keeps their momentum rolling over the Dragons, holding them under 14 for the chance to go back-to-back. 26-14 NOR 

Ellesby Mariners @ Ashonta Miners
Previous Matchups: W1: ASH 26-10 ELB, W9: ELB 52-26 ASH
And we have another rematch of past division finals, this time the dominant force in the league in the Miners against the “always good but never good enough” Mariners. Since their domination of the Miners in week 9, Ellesby looks white hot, having won 4 of their last 6 to sneak their way into the playoffs. Ashonta doesn’t take challengers too lightly, but only one of their losses was within 1 score, a 24-17 loss to Saint Blaise in week 2, and their defense is to blame for this weakness. This doesn't seem like it'll stop the offense from scoring though, as their offense has been potent all season long, and doesn't look like that will count them out from winning.
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: Although they are white hot, Ashonta will be too much for the Mariners to handle as they cruise to their third straight Cup. 31-21 ASH 

1/03/2021 7:24 pm  #209

Anything new on the UFL yet?

1/08/2021 2:25 pm  #210

NeoPrankster wrote:

Anything new on the UFL yet?

The UFL will unveil its teams this offseason, as the league will have its first season in 1972.

1971 Playoffs: Division Finals 

Norfolk Lumberjacks @ Duvall Dragons
For the first time in league history, football was being played into December, and temperatures were hovering just below 40 degrees Fahrenheit at game time. The cold didn’t seem to stop the Lumberjacks at first, as on their first drive they drove right down field and capped off their fairly quick drive with a 6 yard rush by Timmy Whittle. They would only take a 6-0 lead as the PAT doinked off the left upright. Duvall’s offense stalled all throughout the first quarter, as Offensive Player of the Year Harold Bauer was held to just 25 yards passing and was picked off once by the Norfolk defense. The Lumberjacks got into scoring range off the interception by DB Ryan Travis, but were held to just three to end the first.
END OF Q1: 9-0 NOR
The steamroller that was the Dragons offense got moving after a slow start to the game, as Bauer led his men through the Lumberjacks defense and eventually found the endzone on a 9 yard pass from Bauer to WR Alvin Paul. After both teams traded the ball away to one another, the ball finally ended up in Norfolk’s hands before the end of the half, and QB Nathan Slezak quickly led his team downfield to score. For the second time in a row, the Dragons held the Lumberjacks to 3, with the potential to take the lead when they get the ball to start the second half.
END OF Q2: 12-7 NOR
Unfortunately for Duvall, their first drive of the half was an absolute dud, with Bauer throwing his second interception of the day on the second play out of the half, with S Tom Nifterick snatching the ball away to set the Lumberjacks up in scoring range. This setup was squandered after NOR K Isaac Brandt missed his second attempt of the day. The 3rd quarter was an incredibly slow one, as neither team could get together a decent drive for most of the quarter, with both teams trading punts to and from each other. It wasn’t until late into the quarter when the Dragons finally got going after a 35 yard rush by RB Placid Smith propelled them into scoring range, but after only one first down after that run the Dragons settled for 3 to cut the lead to 2 by the end of the 3rd.
END OF Q3: 12-10 NOR
After taking a break in the 3rd, the Lumberjacks offense got back to work early in the 4th, as Slezak led his men down field, including two consecutive 20 yard passes to TE Riley Ott, into scoring range. Norfolk found the endzone for the first time since the 1st quarter with a 2 yard plunge by Whittle, this time the PAT going right down the middle. Duvall got right back into it as well, getting into the redzone on only their third play of the drive on a 60 yard pass from Bauer to WR Abram Radcliff. Their momentum, however, died out quickly as they took another 3 to put the game back within a TD for the Dragons. Norfolk took their time chewing away the clock on their next two drives, both resulting in punts. The Dragons were left with less than 3 minutes the second time they got the ball, and Bauer put on a show to get his team the win. He completed three straight passes of 15 or more yards to pass midfield within a minute. After some poor clock management saw the Dragons get to the 20 with only 17 seconds left in the game. With their home crowd cheering on, Bauer stepped back on third down and threw a dime to the corner of the endzone, and his #1 receiver in Paul caught and tip-toed his way to a touchdown. The PAT soared right on through, and the Dragons had the lead for the first time in the game. Norfolk attempted to heave one deep as a last ditch effort to retake the lead, but it was batted down in a sea of hands. With their win, Duvall advanced to their first Escalian Cup since 1968.
FINAL: 20-19 DUV

Ellesby Mariners @ Ashonta Miners

Temperatures in Ashonta were colder than usual, with strong winds making a wind chill of just below 10F with snow beginning to fall, which is something Ellesby players aren’t as used to in a milder climate. This showed early, as Ellesby struggled to get anything going unlike their first possession last week against Hadley. The cold didn’t seem to phase the Miners though, as QB Daniel Haumann carefully led his team through the cold and snow on their way to score. RB Leonard Arts punched in a TD from 3 yards out for the Miners to take an early 7-0 lead. The Mariners still could not put any points on the board throughout the quarter, but they did look like they were gaining some momentum as the first quarter turned into the second.
END OF Q1: 7-0 ASH
Ellesby got off to a quick start this quarter, as QB Matt Kollen found WR Sal Reeves in the endzone for 30 yards to potentially tie the game up. Unfortunately for them, the PAT sailed wide left of the uprights, and so the Mariners still trailed by a point to begin the second. Ashonta got right back to work after the Mariners’ drive, and increased their lead off a 13 yard pass from Haumann to WR Marty Farmer. Ellesby got back into their funk that they were in for most of the first quarter, and thus were unable to get back into scoring range the rest of the half. The Miners on the other hand, got one last score in before the end of the half, as Haumann found WR Jordan Samson for 40 yards to make the game 21-6 by the end of the half.
END OF Q2: 21-6 ASH
The Miners got the ball to begin the second half, but they looked to be slowed down this quarter. The Ellesby defense that they had dug straight through in the first half began to stop the Ashonta offense right in their tracks. This forced the Miners to punt for the first time since the first quarter, and gave the ball back to the offensively struggling Mariners. Ellesby could not do anything with the ball, as they had been doing for the past quarter, and gave the ball back to Ashonta. This punting back and forth was stopped by the Miners a bit over halfway into the quarter, as they finally put together a decent drive to get themselves into the redzone. Instead of putting 6 more points on the board, they just put on three, as the Mariners defense held strong and prevented them from getting past the 5 yard line. After this drive, the Mariners went three and out and the Miners began putting together a drive to begin the 4th quarter.
END OF Q3: 24-6 ASH
That drive that Ashonta started at the end of the 3rd ended up going nowhere, and they punted the ball back to the Mariners. Ellesby actually managed to do something with the ball this time, as RB Freeman Lockwood went up the middle for a 38 yard gain and put them within the redzone for the first time since the first half. Fortunately for the Mariners, they also found the endzone for the first time since Q1, as Lockwood finished what he started on a 1 yard sneak into the endzone. Unfortunately for the Mariners, the Miners got back to their first half form on offense immediately after their drive. RB Leonard Arts got his share of the scoring pie, as he galloped his way 56 yards to the endzone to extend the lead once again. The Mariners got back into their funk, and all the Miners had to do was run out the clock to clinch their third straight appearance to the Cup.
FINAL: 31-13 ASH 

12th Escalian Cup Preview: Duvall Dragons @ Ashonta Miners
Previous Matchups: W7: DUV 13-19 ASH
These two teams were the best all year, and even met once during the regular season as a “preview” of the championship to come. The Miners won in a surprisingly low-scoring affair, clawing ahead after being down 13-3 to begin the 4th quarter. These two high-flying offenses should be something to look forward to, and maybe have a chance to beat the record for most points in the Escalian Cup since the 3rd Cup at a combined 88 points.
Escalian Sports Magazine Preview: This game could go either way, but the Miners will just edge out the Dragons squad in a high scoring affair, as many staple Dragons defensive players have begun to show their age this season. 35-33 ASH 

Last edited by DireBear (1/17/2021 2:47 pm)

Board footera