Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2020 6:20 pm  #131

Re: Escalian Football League

I really like the brighter blue for the Mariners. I liked the black pants better for Kierport but it's just a lateral move anyway. That new black third for Orcaster is fire.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/30/2020 8:33 pm  #132

Mariners: Nice update to the color scheme!  Definitely a brighter looking team which maybe will have a brighter looking future!

Gatekeepers: Normally, you wouldn't expect a champion to change the color scheme after winning the league title, but the Gatekeepers' color balance really improved because of this change and I do like the lighter blue.  Another win here!

Knights: While they do look a lot more like the New Orleans Saints now, I like this change to have the pants be the same color for both home and away!

Racers: The 3rd uniform wins the off season for me.  Brightening the red already helps this team's aesthetic a lot, but that black jersey really works great for them!  Normally I like to see the team wear either a jersey or pant that is the same color as the helmet for color balance, but with the Racers' alterante, there's enough red in the rest of the set that the color balance still feels right even with the black jersey, white pants!   Really great job here, and I wouldn't mind seeing this eventually become their permanent home jersey down the road!  Would be curious to see if a black outline around the wheel logo on the helmet wouldn't possible perfect the helmet design or if it already is perfect the way it is!

Great job here as always!

8/31/2020 4:14 pm  #133

1966 Offseason Part 2: South Division Changes

Like with the Miners and Angels, the Dragons, Lumberjacks, and Reapers made no significant changes

Adelaide decided to ditch the interlocking AO as their primary, adding an owl head to their helmet while keeping the rest of their uniforms mostly the same. 1961-1965 set for comparison.

Augusta is the other team that added a third jersey, introducing a orange third with blue pants and orange socks. The rest of their set remains unchanged. 1964-1965 set for comparison.

The Anchors in Tallokope City made some minor changes to their jerseys after major criticisms after the introduction of their brand last year. The set for comparison

C&C Appreciated! After all C&C is through I'll (eventually) post the rest of the offseason.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

8/31/2020 4:17 pm  #134

Big improvement for the Anchors and I love the new Bulls third jersey. Great work!

8/31/2020 5:55 pm  #135

Orange Crush: Escalian Edition.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/31/2020 7:09 pm  #136

Great job on that Bulls' alternate!  Soooo, I never knew the Bulls color set included orange, I always thought that was gold, lmao!

While alternates sometimes have a crap factor to them by trying too hard to be different, you've managed to do both the Bulls and Racers proud with these designs!  

8/31/2020 9:47 pm  #137

While I like the Owls' new logo, I feel it could use some tweaks. Either no outlines and just a flat look, or, perhaps thicker outlines more like the helmet striping. I'd also consider moving to a white owl on the helmet, I think it'd look a lot stronger. I think it's also too big for the helmet. Oversized logos didn't really become a thing until way later.

I like the new orange alternate for the Bulls.

The Anchors look 100x better now. Nice work.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/05/2020 10:33 pm  #138

1966 Offseason Part 3: The Rest of the Things

1966 Entry Draft:

1st - Ellesby Mariners: QB Russell Anthony (Argil Agricultural)
2nd - Tallokope City Anchors: QB Simon Dillon (Arcanora Tech)
3rd - Saint Blaise Angels: QB Willis Lincoln (Pascoa Provincial)
4th - Orcaster Racers: LB Lee Rogers (Arcanora Tech)
5th - Adelaide Owls: QB Michael Sumner (University of Huron)
6th - Kierport Knights: DB Foster Kroger (Triplet Lakes)
7th - Homestead Reapers: DT Cliff Moore (Tallokope Provincial)
8th - Augusta Bulls: LB Stefan Hamilton (Taerrisia Provincial)
9th - Ashonta Miners: DT Mateus Alduino (Bristol University)
10th - Norfolk Lumberjacks: QB Nathan Slezak (Kier University)
11th - Duvall Dragons: DL Michael Bischoffs (Tallokope University)
12th - Hadley Gatekeepers: OL Gerard Christiansen (Howle College)

Player/Coach Movement:
Two players from the original Owls championship team called it a career, with QB Jeff Watson retiring after 13 years of play, and DB Lawrence Arendonk retiring after 10 years of play. Probably the biggest name to retire was DUV LB Chester von Essen, whose search for a championship came up just short after 20 years of total play. Other big names calling it quits include ELB DB Joseph Haley, HAD K Jake Delaney, and NOR LB Ozzie Gosselin. 

Ellesby decided to clean house, firing their HC Flint Mullins as well as their OC and DC. Elevated to the HC position is Aaron Lang, who turned University of Huron around and led them to 4 consecutive national championship appearances. Orcaster let HC Nick Parish walk as well, elevating OC Peter Short to his position. 

League News:
After failing to pass the vote the first time around, the Owner’s Council voted 8-4 in favor of moving the Escalian Cup to a neutral site as host beginning with the 8th Escalian Cup, rather than the team with the better record. As a compromise with the differing owners, the candidates for the 8th Cup will be founding teams who have yet to host, which includes Ellesby, Hadley, and Orcaster. Following that vote, which will occur during this offseason, the host candidates will be open to the rest of the cities.
(I may include a vote for the host like with the NAAF if you guys are down for that, otherwise I'll just vote on the stuff on my own)

9/14/2020 9:36 pm  #139

May or may not have forgotten about this due to schoolwork, but I'm back with the 1966 season!

\
North Division: 
The defending champs in the Gatekeepers clinched the North for the third straight year in a row, tying the Knights for most North Division titles and the most division titles in the league’s history. QB Jack Reuter finally won his coveted MVP, barely beating out Duvall’s Harold Bauer for the award. Coming in a second, surprisingly, is Ellesby, who have their first winning season since their 5-5 campaign in the inaugural 1960 season. A combination of a revitalized secondary lead by former first round draft pick DB Raleigh Gibson and a well-oiled offense led to their sudden rise from the basement. Right behind the Mariners are the Knights, missing the playoffs once more due to injuries to their offensive line, causing the offensive unit to put up less impressive numbers. The remaining three teams in the North finished within a game of each other, but each had relatively forgettable seasons to round out the basement.

South Division:
The South was once again won by Duvall, who were followed by Norfolk and Augusta. The Dragons and Lumberjacks fought fiercely for the division title all season, with both coming into week 11 tied for the title. In a closely fought game, the Dragons barely came out on top to win the division by a game. Norfolk seemed to struggle at parts during the year, most notably at QB, where a position battle occurred through most of the early season, with rookie QB Nathan Slezak controversially coming out on top of now-backup Terry Rogers, who had started all of last season, after week 4 and resulted in Rookie of the Year honors for Slezak. The Bulls, on the other hand, faced some injuries throughout the season, having their worst season in 4 years. The rest of the division, the Owls, Reapers, and Anchors, all had seasons to forget, and finished squarely at the bottom of the division and at the bottom of the league. 

Awards:
Most Valuable Player: QB Jack Reuter (HAD)
Most Valuable Coach: Aaron Lang (ELB)
Most Outstanding Offensive Player: QB Harold Bauer (DUV)
Most Outstanding Defensive Player: DB Raleigh Gibson (ELB)
Most Outstanding Rookie: QB Nathan Slezak (NOR)

Playoff Preview: 

Ellesby Mariners @ Hadley Gatekeepers
Hadley’s matchup against a team not named the Knights should be a lot closer than last year’s blowout of the Miners. Ellesby has a standout defense once again, and looks to stop the reigning champions with newly-crowned MVP Jack Reuter and his receiving core with their equally as good secondary unit. Look for a close one this time around in the North
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: Most people will predict this game will be closer, but not *that* closer. Hadley leaves the building North Division champs once more. 27-13 HAD

Norfolk Lumberjacks @ Duvall Dragons
The ‘Jacks were hot for the midseason stretch, going 7-0 after starting 2-2 to finish a game behind the Dragons. Besides that, most of the pieces from last year on both sides are still here, so this game may be as exciting as their last contest on this stage.
Escalian Sports Magazine Prediction: Norfolk’s QB situation will cause them some issues, as they fall short to the Dragons once again. 23-19 DUV 

Last edited by DireBear (9/14/2020 9:56 pm)

9/14/2020 9:52 pm  #140

Nice seeing Ellesby have a good season after lots of struggle.
The QB battle in Norfolk is very interesting, especially on how good the team is.
also is it Michael or Nathan? (you have Slezak as both names in the description and then the rookie of the year).

Board footera