Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2019 9:19 pm  #61

Re: The United Leagues of Baseball - First LA Team!

So Pittsburgh improved a little bit but they still suck. What's their deal? Anything bright on the horizon for them?

The illustrations are super great. I wish I could draw worth a hoot. Lol.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/15/2019 5:49 am  #62

So Kansas City dropped BIG TIME!   They were just in the finals last year and now are in last!   Matter of fact, they went from first to worst!  Any news on what happened there?

I like the development of a Baltimore/Worcester rivalry.  Rivalries are a big part of sports, so this is great to see!  Personally rooting for the Snappers here, as I just can't root for a team with hearts (Valentines) on their unis, lol!  

Quick note on uniform changes.  I like how the New York Bulldogs are evolving.  I could definitely get behind the blue and red theme.   I also enjoy that stylized H for the Hartford Colts.

Finally, for predictions, I'm saying Philadelphia wins in both leagues, because that'd be funny to see!

Last edited by Stickman (7/15/2019 5:50 am)

7/15/2019 1:59 pm  #63

Stickman wrote:

So Kansas City dropped BIG TIME!   They were just in the finals last year and now are in last!   Matter of fact, they went from first to worst!  Any news on what happened there?

I like the development of a Baltimore/Worcester rivalry.  Rivalries are a big part of sports, so this is great to see!  Personally rooting for the Snappers here, as I just can't root for a team with hearts (Valentines) on their unis, lol!  

Quick note on uniform changes.  I like how the New York Bulldogs are evolving.  I could definitely get behind the blue and red theme.   I also enjoy that stylized H for the Hartford Colts.

Finally, for predictions, I'm saying Philadelphia wins in both leagues, because that'd be funny to see!

There's no real answer to why KC dropped off, I defininetly noticed it, but it was surprising, they didn't lose pieces, and there was no true crucial injuries. Most importantly, being such a small market, this kind of season is scary, they lost money, one of the weaker ownerships too could lead to folding, which would be unfortunate. I'm glad you like the Bulldogs and Colts new looks.

7/16/2019 1:45 pm  #64

Here’s the 1892 postseason! 

The NEBL play-in games: 

Baltimore vs Worcester: The biggest rivalry in the league, boils down to one game, the younger team vs the dynasty, the David vs Goliath story. And it seems like David would win, the Snappers jumping to a 2-0 lead, only to be squandered by the unstoppable hearts offense. Worcester wins 6-2. 

Philadelphia vs Boston: The Revs finally makes the postseason after a few rollercoaster seasons but unfortunately match up against the Sugarmen, the reigning champions. However Boston broke down after 8 scoreless innings. Philly 1, Boston 0.

The USBL play-in games: 

Dayton vs Evansville: A close game between two teams relatively new to winning. Alot of scoring though as both teams hit each other back and forth. Evansville narrowly wins however 11-10. 

Louisville vs Philadelphia: Two more established winning franchises face off in the 2 and 3 seed match. Louisville strikes first, taking a 2-0 lead. Philadelphia seems to fight back before completely being ran over, allowing 12 more runs before the beating is over. Stallions 14, Philadelphia 1. 

In the NEBL The Championship comes down to the Valentines vs the Revolutionaries. 

Game 1: Worcester explodes for 10 runs, Philadelphia can’t keep up, scoring only 4 runs. 

Game 2: A closer, grind it out game, the score doesn’t portray that though. Worcester once again rallies and in the 7th scores 5 runs, breaking the 2-2 tie. Philadelphia never came back. 

Game 3: Another close game. And the first championship game in Rose Park. Dictated by pitching, Philadelphia takes a game back with a close 1-0 win. 

Game 4: A great game for the Hearts, and the Revs, for that matter, but a grand slam in the second inning gave Worcester a lead they wouldn’t give up. 

Game 5: Philly steals one on the road to save the series after a convincing 6-3 win where the completely outplayed the Valentines. 

Game 6: The series ending win for Worcester where they hit an outstanding 19 hits, winning the game 5-2.

(pictured above is now famous coach Sal White (center) celebrating with his team) 

And in the USBL we have Louisville and Evansville matching off in The Championship. 

Game 1: Evansville wins a pitch off between both teams aces fight it out for a record number of strikeouts between the 2 teams. Final score 5-2. 

Game 2: Evansville wins another one, another great pitching performance backed by a good hitting outing gives them 8 runs.  

Game 3: After returning to Louisville, the Stallions lose game 3 in an uneventful 1-0 loss that put them down in a 3-1 hole that seems impossible to escape from. 

Game 4: The Stallions prove to still have a little fight left in them after fighting for a game 4 win to prevent the sweep. 

Game 5: Louisville’s luck finally runs dry as Evansville plays a great game to win 2-0 in front of their home crowd. Winning their first ever championship.
Congrats to the Railers and Valentines. C&C appreciated!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (7/16/2019 1:48 pm)

7/20/2019 7:26 pm  #65

The headlines for the 92-93 offseason:

-After some struggling seasons, Bulldogs owner finally gives up ownership to his longtime friend. His impact was immediately felt. News came out he was changing the name of the team from Bulldogs to Magpies, a common bird found in the New York City region. His also made some moves to try and improve play. Here’s the newly unveiled uniforms:
-Another big ownership change came with the bankruptcy of Trappers owner. The team was quickly sold to a man who moved the team to Toledo, becoming the Toledo Lions. Here’s the unveiled uniforms:

-Brooklyn changes their look, but its minor, adding their logo to the chest and brightening their orange, here’s how it looks:

-Manchester picks up Nick DeMartini, 30 year old superstar from Buffalo Bisons, local team in the New York League. 

-Providence and Dayton pick up some younger pieces such as RF George Hatfield and 1B Joe Schmitt.

-Finally, Chicago formally requested to be allowed to use players of color. This comes after the controversial move to ban them from USBL play. Chicago owner has been very vocal about his disdain about the rule change, even threatening to move the Maroons to the NEBL. The Commissioner has yet to respond to his comments. 

C&C appreciated! How do you guys like the new looks?

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (7/20/2019 7:28 pm)

7/21/2019 12:41 pm  #66

While I'll miss the Bulldogs identity, you did a great job with New York's new Magpies design.  Yellow and black is a unique color combo for a fictional New York team, (most of the fan fiction New York teams have blue and/or red in the design).  Nice job!   Did you get the inspiration from the New York Lottery commerical?  Here's the video if you haven't seen it. 

Either way, I really like this new identity!  Great job as always!

The Chicago Maroons potentially leaving USBL over the race situation there just made them the most interesting team in league!  Curious to see how that plays out!

7/21/2019 2:09 pm  #67

Stickman wrote:

While I'll miss the Bulldogs identity, you did a great job with New York's new Magpies design.  Yellow and black is a unique color combo for a fictional New York team, (most of the fan fiction New York teams have blue and/or red in the design).  Nice job!   Did you get the inspiration from the New York Lottery commerical?  Here's the video if you haven't seen it. 

Either way, I really like this new identity!  Great job as always!

The Chicago Maroons potentially leaving USBL over the race situation there just made them the most interesting team in league!  Curious to see how that plays out!

You got me, I really liked the identity of the New York Pigeons from that commercial, there was a really good uni watch article about it that gave some really cool insight on the creation of the identity! I was also really inspired by the Orioles, I really like their identity, one of the best in the league. 

7/21/2019 5:38 pm  #68

1893 NEBL Standings: 
1.Manchester Millers: 67-33
2.Boston Sugarmen 61-40*
3.Baltimore Snappers: 60-41*
4.Hartford Colts: 56-44
5.Providence Red Caps: 52-48
6.Philadelphia Revolutionaries: 50-50
7.New York Magpies: 50-50
8.Rochester Stars: 50-50
9.Worcester Valentines: 48-52
10.Brooklyn Dutch Lions: 47-53
11.Syracuse Miners: 31-69
12.Pittsburgh Professionals: 29-71
*Tiebreaker

-Worcester drops off, giving them their first losing record in franchise record. A very disappointing season for a team looking to repeat.
-Manchester surprised anyway and clinched the 1 seed for the first time since 1889. They’re the favorites to win it all going into the postseason.
-Professionals and Miners fail to improve. Both struggling financially and attendance wise.

1893 USBL Standings:
1.Louisville Stallions: 69-31
2.Evansville Railers: 68-32
3.Dayton Eagles:  63- 37
4.Hamilton Athletic Club: 63-37
5.Philadelphia Baseball Club: 50-50
6.Cincinnati Generals: 46-54
7.Toledo Lions: 39-61
8.St. Louis Gatekeepers: 38-62
9.Chicago Maroons: 32-68
10.Kansas City Cowboys: 32-68

-Evansville stays good, proving last year wasn’t a fluke. Kansas City also proves their expansion year was a fluke by continuing their losing ways this season.
-Philadelphia drops off, and is replaced by Hamilton who improved massively to regain their spot as a constant contender.
-Dayton has their best season in franchise history. Garnering 63 wins, and while not the 1 seed, they’re the favorite to win it all going into the championship.

A little update, as you probably noticed, there was no graphic. The reason is that i think it was a little cluttering, especially when it was so simple and pointless. So for now on i’m going to be leaving them out in exchange for the easier solution that i did here. Hope you don’t mind the changes. I might also update the championship graphic. You’ll find out if i do and what i do when that post comes out.
C&C appreciated, how’d your team do?

Edit: Also realized i forgot to mention why i don't have an illustration. Mainly because i rushed and got this out before i did an illustration. I have big plans for the future, i want to get to those, the illustrations may take a seat every now and then so i can get the post posted on schedule.

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (7/21/2019 5:51 pm)

7/21/2019 9:19 pm  #69

Man, that really is a tough year for Worcester. I sure wouldn't want to lose 521 games in a single season. That's gotta kill your morale.

Kidding aside, everything looks great so far, and I really like what you're doing to "spice up" the story. Keep it up and go Sugarmen!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/22/2019 1:19 am  #70

Magpies is a fun name! Love that black and gold scheme for them. I too was inspired by that commercial and article. Such a cool design project by those guys. I might have to root for them since Pittsburgh is so bad right now.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera