Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2020 11:20 pm  #51

Re: NFL 2020 Onwards - An Alternate History

re: best London team, I like the top three options, particularly the very top one which seems to throw back to the old NFL Europe days.

Also: F in the chat for Buffalo

7/29/2020 12:21 am  #52

When you post your quarter by quarter results, I'd recommend one more line with the Final Score on it

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/30/2020 6:16 pm  #53

TOUCHDOWN QB EAGLES wrote:

re: best London team, I like the top three options, particularly the very top one which seems to throw back to the old NFL Europe days.

Also: F in the chat for Buffalo

Yeah that's probably going to be the best option and the one I think will be connected to the old NFL Europe/World League.

Also yes Buffalo used up all their magic in beating the Texans only to get destroyed by the Ravens.

7/30/2020 6:18 pm  #54

Dan O'Mac wrote:

When you post your quarter by quarter results, I'd recommend one more line with the Final Score on it

Ah ok, I figured it was missing something.

7/30/2020 7:17 pm  #55

I actually really like the Archers/Longbowmen helmet that you had done. 

7/31/2020 9:49 pm  #56

Darknes wrote:

I actually really like the Archers/Longbowmen helmet that you had done. 

Thank you it's essentially Archers with the colours of the UK flag if it gets picked... it'll be showed too at some point.

7/31/2020 9:56 pm  #57

With this much excitement in the thread and interest... it's time to reveal the results of...

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

NFC
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14 @ 24 New Orleans Saints

AFC
Kansas City Chiefs 20 @ 27 Baltimore Ravens

The SUPER BOWL will be a first time meeting between the Saints and the Ravens... it'll be Drew Brees vs Lamar Jackson.

7/31/2020 10:04 pm  #58

Expanding right out of Covid when you don't know if you'll even have a season is a bit weird, not to mention the NFL seems in no way prepared for an expansion, let alone prepared enough to organize a cross continental expansion team, all in the matter of a year and a half at most. I'd push it back a few years and just simulate some seasons into the future before expanding. You don't want to rush into anything. 
Also, Baltimore's helmet logo is wrong, but that's not as important. 
As for the matchup, Baltimore vs New Orleans would be really interesting irl, I'm shocked the Chiefs lost to the Ravens, and I'm even more shocked the Saints didn't choke on their way here.

7/31/2020 10:22 pm  #59

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Expanding right out of Covid when you don't know if you'll even have a season is a bit weird, not to mention the NFL seems in no way prepared for an expansion, let alone prepared enough to organize a cross continental expansion team, all in the matter of a year and a half at most. I'd push it back a few years and just simulate some seasons into the future before expanding. You don't want to rush into anything. 
Also, Baltimore's helmet logo is wrong, but that's not as important. 
As for the matchup, Baltimore vs New Orleans would be really interesting irl, I'm shocked the Chiefs lost to the Ravens, and I'm even more shocked the Saints didn't choke on their way here.

It'll be in 5-6 years before they can consider expansion since they won't be doing the internation relocations for that reason... which is going to lead into a situation for one Shahid Khan, the jags owner.

For actual expansions, I got a gradual plan to put in either US expansions or International expansions but it'll be phases within a space of 10-12 years

Also the helmet is facing left when I should of made it facing right.

Finally this was the matchup I had planned in my head, all Baltimore needs is one win in post season to come to life and they successfully defended themselves against a fierce Chiefs comeback... whilst in the NFC the battle between Brees and Brady concludes with Brady missing out on another chance of a Super Bowl but giving the opportunity for Drew Brees and Sean Payton to get one more chance at a Super Bowl.

The NFC is a much tougher division than the AFC.

8/03/2020 12:14 pm  #60

Alright so it's details time.... how the scoring went.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @  NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

QUARTER 1 - Bucs  0 - 6 Saints
QUARTER 2 - Bucs 0 - 0 Saints
QUARTER 3 - Bucs 7 - 8 Saints
QUARTER 4 - Bucs 7 - 10 Saints
FINAL SCORE - Bucs 14 - 24 Saints

Summary: The Battle of the NFC South concludes as Drew Brees defeats Tom Brady in successive fashion for the Saints first NFC conference since 2009.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS

QUARTER 1: Chiefs 0 - 7 Ravens
QUARTER 2: Chiefs 7 - 3 Ravens
QUARTER 3: Chiefs 3 - 10 Ravens
QUARTER 4: Chiefs 10 - 7 Ravens
Final Score Chiefs 20 - 27 Ravens

Summary: A Fourth Quarter comeback ends in failure as Baltimore's formidable defense holds up enough for the Ravens to clinch the AFC conference for the first time since 2012

Last edited by heavybass (8/03/2020 7:17 pm)

Board footera