Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 12:36 am  #841

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

CCLXXXVII wrote:

If anyone wants a sandwich for their pick I’ll be glad to take you up on that offer.

Could I have a sandwich and your pick?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 12:58 am  #842

Gritty wrote:

24. Balu the Bear

JamHeronArk wrote:

24. Balu the Bear - Birmingham

Stickman wrote:

24. Balu the Bear- Buffalo

Rugrat wrote:

24. Balu the Bear- Birmingham

~Bear wrote:

24. Balu the Bear - Philadelphia

As I got myself caught up here I noticed a trend with the spelling of my name and I figured I'd address it.  
It's Balu the Bare...As in Balu the Uncovered....Like Balu the Naked...Or even Balu the Empty

Alright, now seriously. 
I figure since I'm picking last, I don't mind sharing my thoughts about who I would pick. Let's be realistic first: If any of these mock drafts pan out, I'll either be getting Birmingham, Philadelphia, or Buffalo. If I rank those three choices:
1. Philadelphia - Nothing to do with being the owner of the Founders of the AltHL, it's that I love the logo. It's amazing and the look compliments it so well that it's one of my favorite packages of the AltFL. It's a truly solid identity. 
2. Birmingham - A good looking set here, it gets the nod over Buffalo because it's one of the more unique color sets in the league. 
3. Buffalo - Nothing against this look, honestly, just given the other two choices I'd rather have the other two choices. I do like the Bolts' potential, though.

Ok. So with that out of the way, what team would I pick if I had my choice between them all? Who do I think is the best looking team overall? 

Kansas City because I love that shade of the blue and the orange is such a great compliment to it, I'm probably going to use it in a personal project at some point. I love it.

But hey, I'll get who I get and I hope everyone gets a team they like the look of! Good luck everyone! I'm going to focus on the Rookie Draft!

Only the written records of his travels survive.

6/28/2020 7:51 am  #843

Figured since I couldn't sleep I might as well get things going! Let's keep things moving today - people will appreciate it.  Also @Balu sorry about the name.  I guess we have so many 'Bears' hanging around here I subliminally switched it around.  

As we did last time around..let's keep the commentary to ourselves until the draft is over just to keep the thread clear for the selections.  Can't wait to see how this shakes out.

Last edited by Gritty (6/28/2020 8:05 am)

6/28/2020 8:09 am  #844

Balu the Bare wrote:

Gritty wrote:

24. Balu the Bear

JamHeronArk wrote:

24. Balu the Bear - Birmingham

Stickman wrote:

24. Balu the Bear- Buffalo

Rugrat wrote:

24. Balu the Bear- Birmingham

~Bear wrote:

24. Balu the Bear - Philadelphia

As I got myself caught up here I noticed a trend with the spelling of my name and I figured I'd address it.  
It's Balu the Bare...As in Balu the Uncovered....Like Balu the Naked...Or even Balu the Empty

Alright, now seriously. 
I figure since I'm picking last, I don't mind sharing my thoughts about who I would pick. Let's be realistic first: If any of these mock drafts pan out, I'll either be getting Birmingham, Philadelphia, or Buffalo. If I rank those three choices:
1. Philadelphia - Nothing to do with being the owner of the Founders of the AltHL, it's that I love the logo. It's amazing and the look compliments it so well that it's one of my favorite packages of the AltFL. It's a truly solid identity. 
2. Birmingham - A good looking set here, it gets the nod over Buffalo because it's one of the more unique color sets in the league. 
3. Buffalo - Nothing against this look, honestly, just given the other two choices I'd rather have the other two choices. I do like the Bolts' potential, though.

Ok. So with that out of the way, what team would I pick if I had my choice between them all? Who do I think is the best looking team overall? 

Kansas City because I love that shade of the blue and the orange is such a great compliment to it, I'm probably going to use it in a personal project at some point. I love it.

But hey, I'll get who I get and I hope everyone gets a team they like the look of! Good luck everyone! I'm going to focus on the Rookie Draft!

My apologies for butchering your name Balu the Bare

6/28/2020 9:08 am  #845

For Immediate Release:  

Sunday, June 27, 2020 

San Diego, California - In a developing story, the San Diego Destroyers, a brand new professional football team set to take the field in the fall of 2020, has announced in a press conference that the team has announced it’s ownership. A woman who only goes by the name of Dr. Pepper, has been selected through the team’s inaugural season owner draft. She also happens to own the New York Gargoyles of the Alternate Hockey League. Although a mysterious woman who doesn’t reveal much of her identity, Dr.Pepper is well known through the alt sports community and is confident in her abilities to lead the way in southern California. 

“This is a very excitin’ day y’all, I’m very pleased to have this opportunity to take ownership of the Destroyers! I was blessed with this chance to pick any team I set my eye on. I know many thought the first pick would be the Stallions or the Emperors, but the Destroyers were a team that was at the top of my list since the identity was unveiled. Much like with my ‘Goyles, I’m very excited about this upcomin’ season. I can promise y’all, the fans of the Destroyers, that much like with my ‘Goyles, I’m going to try my best to win come this fall!”  

When asked about why San Diego won over the other teams she was considering she put it sweet and simple. 
“San Diego deserves it, they’ve had some real loyal fans who deserve a good football team, and mix that with some beautiful uniforms and a strong name, all crafted by some of the best in the business, it’s almost a no brainer really.”  

When asked about that history she mentioned, and if the Destroyers will lead the fans to heartbreak like so many other San Diego football teams she made sure the fans wouldn’t worry. “This team is goin’ to stay here, that I know for sure, otherwise how would we be able to fill our stadium with all those championship banners we’re goin’ to win!” 

Towards the end of the press conference the question came up once again if there was any affiliation to the actual Dr. Pepper soda pop company. Dr. Pepper initially denied when asked this same question in her conference about the Gargoyles, but she had a bit of a different answer this time. “I know, I know, my name’s like that of that coke company, and I know I said last time there wasn’t any affiliation, this time round though, I got some surprises comin, so stay tuned y’all.” 

She then promptly picked up her stuff, waved goodbye and walked out of the conference room. 

6/28/2020 9:25 am  #846

Welp, that was a huge twist.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/28/2020 9:39 am  #847

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Sunday, June 28

Orlando, FL

Owner of the Winnipeg Arrows and proud Canadian, Wallflower announced that he and his team were taking over ownership of the Orlando Galactics. It would seem a bit of a surprise at first but considering Wallflower was a part of the logo and uniform design process, Orlando was the easy pick.

“The decision was made easier with the 1st pick this morning as I was considering San Diego in my top 3. Either way, I am happy to take over a team in a very different part of the continent. I’m excited for the season and a chance to bring some championships down to Orlando.”

Wallflower was very open to questions and meeting fans for the next couple of hours, showing lots of excitement to explore this new market and build a strong community around the team.

6/28/2020 10:32 am  #848

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 

28 June 2020

Chicago, IL - For the 3rd pick in the owner’s draft, the anonymous man known only as “DireBear” announced that he has bought all majority shares for the Chicago Cyclones, becoming the sole owner. 

Dire is currently the CEO and founder of Copper Sun Microsystems, having set up shop in 2001 and moving to their current location in the Phoenix metro area in 2016. He recently set up a sports division as a result of the creation of the AltFL, and hired designers to create logos and uniforms for the new teams.  

Making the announcement on his front porch, the incoming college freshman greeted future Cyclones fans and assured them that someone of his age was responsible enough to own an AltFL team. “Trust me, I have enough fantasy football experience to run a football team. How hard can it truly be?” Fans were quick to find his fantasy football profiles and find out that he had never won a league title and had a string of 6th place finishes after decent regular seasons. “Listen here you little punks,”  Dire said in a Twitter rant later that day, “I may come from and may exhibit the definition of mediocrity, but I want to avoid that for the Cyclones and bring home a title soon. Or just do well and not fall into a factory of sadness. Just believe me.” 

Dire then answered questions about the state of the team, and then wished his new fans well. One of his bodyguards then picked him up and carried him back inside to end the press conference. 

Last edited by DireBear (6/28/2020 10:33 am)

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/28/2020 10:53 am  #849

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Sunday, June 28

Near Ely, Minnesota

Toasted out of his mind at a cabin overlooking the section thirty mine lake, college student and lifelong Minnesotan known online by the name Section30 got word that he was on the clock for the AltFL owners draft.

"We all know how this is gonna go, so lets just get to it. With the 4th pick in the AltFL owner draft I am thrilled to select the Minnesota Voyageurs"

#RowTheBoat

6/28/2020 11:12 am  #850

Section30 wrote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Sunday, June 28

Near Ely, Minnesota

Toasted out of his mind at a cabin overlooking the section thirty mine lake, college student and lifelong Minnesotan known online by the name Section30 got word that he was on the clock for the AltFL owners draft.

"We all know how this is gonna go, so lets just get to it. With the 4th pick in the AltFL owner draft I am thrilled to select the Minnesota Voyageurs"

#RowTheBoat

Best press conference ever.  Simple, hilarious, (probably truthful if I recall right that you really were at a cabin right now-correct me if I'm wrong) and straight to the point!

Board footera