Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2020 3:31 pm  #831

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yep, I completely forgot about you. Not sure how, I was copying from the draft order. At 21, I actually think you'd take Arizona and Edgeworth with Utah. Sorry about that!

Don't worry about it, you're good! Like Thehealthiestscratch said, I'm mainly a lurker but with this getting into high gear, I need to start to make my presence known a little more. I still stand though by using RNG to pick my team since there's only gonna be four teams left by the time I pick.

I mean, he should’ve seen you were missing, he seems to have magnet vision to my name.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/27/2020 4:44 pm  #832

For some reason I find it a bit funny that we’re all trying to read each other’s minds and see who we’re gonna pick.

As for me, my choice is still up in the air. 19th makes your available options rather limited.

6/27/2020 5:24 pm  #833

Ok, I want to do a Mock Draft too. Some of these are complete shots in the dark but others I think could happen.

1. Dr. Pepper - Kentucky
2. Wallflower - Dallas
3. Dire Bear - Toronto
4. Section30 - Minnesota
5. Steelman - New York
6. Darknes - Boston
7. Dan O'Mac - Milwaukee
8. Scratch - San Diego
9. Burmy87 - St. Louis
10. Gritty - Portland
11. CapitalG - Chicago
12. Rugrat - Arizona
13. ThisIsFine - San Antonio
14. Stickman - Kansas City
15. 3pointtally - Seattle
16. ~Bear - Los Angeles (I don't think I'd take them, but I think there's a good chance they aren't even there when it's my pick)
17. QCS - Carolina
18. Andy! - Orlando
19. CCLXXXVII - Miami
20. SportsFan7 - Birmingham
21. n00bthtpwnz - Utah
22. Edgeworth - Buffalo
23. JamHeronArk - Tennessee
24. Balu the Bear - Philadelphia

Last edited by ~Bear (6/27/2020 5:25 pm)

6/27/2020 5:26 pm  #834

My mock draft was created by me spitballing more than a fourth-grade classroom when the teacher leaves the room. I would be pleasantly surprised if I got four picks correct. That said, Dr. Pepper could seriously consider taking the Emperors to create such a complete and harmonious interleague brand, kinda like the Minnesota Lynx/Timberwolves.

Dan, I knew that you're from Wisconsin (we both lounge around the MAHL) and that you ranked the Mallards eighth. With the seventh pick, at least one team above the Mallards on your list would still be available. Despite what my mock draft says, I would not be surprised if, when you are on the board, you have a gut instinct that tells you to go against your wishlist and pick a different team. There's a reason Burmy isn't the owner of the Wranglers...

6/27/2020 8:22 pm  #835

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Wow. 3pointtally, how'd you handle the pressure of the first pick? I might need some advice, haha. Thanks everyone for voting for my work, that's the only reason I was able to get the first pick. I'll be excited to make it tomorrow. And thanks Gritty for hosting all this, you work surely hasn't gone unnoticed!
That said, I'd wanted to do a mock draft, but I don't want to give away who I'm going to pick quite yet, so I'll have to pass on one this time around. I'm excited to get started!

Haha I designed the logo and jerseys for the Glaciers so it was really a no brainer.

Unfortunately personal life didn't let me get as involved with the AltFL design process as I did with the AltHL, but I'm excited to see where things fall.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/27/2020 8:35 pm  #836

Looking at the mock drafts, I think its very likely I get one of my top 6 picks (Not number 1 though, it only gets remotely close to me once. But, hey, anything can happen). I also think its funny everyone thinks I'll take a Southeastern team. Carolina I understand, since I named them despite QCS's best protests, but I haven't expressed much as towards who I'd pick, although I think I mentioned were I'm from in another thread on here.

6/27/2020 9:25 pm  #837

~Bear wrote:

Ok, I want to do a Mock Draft too. Some of these are complete shots in the dark but others I think could happen.

1. Dr. Pepper - Kentucky
2. Wallflower - Dallas
3. Dire Bear - Toronto
4. Section30 - Minnesota
5. Steelman - New York
6. Darknes - Boston
7. Dan O'Mac - Milwaukee
8. Scratch - San Diego
9. Burmy87 - St. Louis
10. Gritty - Portland
11. CapitalG - Chicago
12. Rugrat - Arizona
13. ThisIsFine - San Antonio
14. Stickman - Kansas City
15. 3pointtally - Seattle
16. ~Bear - Los Angeles (I don't think I'd take them, but I think there's a good chance they aren't even there when it's my pick)
17. QCS - Carolina
18. Andy! - Orlando
19. CCLXXXVII - Miami
20. SportsFan7 - Birmingham
21. n00bthtpwnz - Utah
22. Edgeworth - Buffalo
23. JamHeronArk - Tennessee
24. Balu the Bear - Philadelphia

How did you know about my backup team?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/27/2020 9:39 pm  #838

It's fun being the first pick because now that I've decided who I'm picking, I know everyone is wrong on their mock drafts, haha!

6/27/2020 11:29 pm  #839

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

It's fun being the first pick because now that I've decided who I'm picking, I know everyone is wrong on their mock drafts, haha!

1. Dr. Pepper - Trades down to acquire a lower top 10 pick + additional assets to be agreed upon on a future date.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/27/2020 11:31 pm)

6/27/2020 11:55 pm  #840

If anyone wants a sandwich for their pick I’ll be glad to take you up on that offer.

Board footera