Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2019 11:04 am  #1

The issue with changing thread titles - 7/15/2019

This has been brought to my attention. I'm working on a solution now and will update everyone when I have one.

Last edited by Balu the Bare (7/15/2019 1:23 pm)

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/15/2019 1:27 pm  #2

Re: The issue with changing thread titles - 7/15/2019

As a temporary fix, I am able to change the titles of threads to something more general until we can find an actual solution.
Please respond here if you’d like your thread title changed or if you have any questions.

7/15/2019 1:52 pm  #3

Balu the Bare wrote:

As a temporary fix, I am able to change the titles of threads to something more general until we can find an actual solution.
Please respond here if you’d like your thread title changed or if you have any questions.

I've yet to have problems with title changes, I change my title quite often too, is it a thread by thread issue or an issue with the site?

7/15/2019 4:03 pm  #4

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

I've yet to have problems with title changes, I change my title quite often too, is it a thread by thread issue or an issue with the site?

I’m not sure, honestly. I can’t recreate the problem, so I’m relying on feedback. So far, two out of three people are having this issue.

7/15/2019 4:14 pm  #5

What is the issue exactly? Is the title not updating or is it something else?

7/15/2019 5:14 pm  #6

For me, when I try to edit the original topic in my thread, the message body comes up empty and when I change the title I'm not allowed to make changes since it says there is no body message, which I also can't edit. It's really odd.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/15/2019 6:37 pm  #7

I'm having this issue with my NDL thread, but all that's happening with me is when I try to edit the original post there's no option to change the title. It used to be there, and then one time, it just wasn't. I can still edit the post itself, though. It's really weird that it's not even the same issue.

In the meantime, Balu, do you think you could drop the "2018 Finals" bit from the title of my thread? It's just kinda bugging me haha. Thanks in advance!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/15/2019 9:33 pm  #8

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I'm having this issue with my NDL thread, but all that's happening with me is when I try to edit the original post there's no option to change the title. It used to be there, and then one time, it just wasn't. I can still edit the post itself, though. It's really weird that it's not even the same issue.

In the meantime, Balu, do you think you could drop the "2018 Finals" bit from the title of my thread? It's just kinda bugging me haha. Thanks in advance!

That is..not ideal. Helpful, but not ideal hahaha. I'll contact Boardhost customer support and see if there's anything they can do or tell me about this. In the meantime, I'll change your title IDM.

7/21/2019 7:41 pm  #9

So I tried using the mobile version of the site, switching it to desktop mode via the menu button on the top right, and now I’m able to edit my topic titles via my phone browser!

If anyone’s having issues on a regular desktop, try accessing the site via mobile and see if that helps for now!

Shoutout to Dr.Pepper for the idea!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/21/2019 9:16 pm  #10

Steelman wrote:

So I tried using the mobile version of the site, switching it to desktop mode via the menu button on the top right, and now I’m able to edit my topic titles via my phone browser!

If anyone’s having issues on a regular desktop, try accessing the site via mobile and see if that helps for now!

Shoutout to Dr.Pepper for the idea!

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working for my version of the problem. I tried the desktop site on mobile, I tried the regular mobile site, I even tried using the mobile site on desktop, and all of them had exactly the same problem where there was just no way to edit the title. I'm glad you found a solution though!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera