Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2020 4:00 pm  #371

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Two non-FBS players taken in a row!

7/06/2020 4:00 pm  #372

Stickman wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Fun facts: The first round had 15 Offensive Players, 9 Defensive players.

Of the 12 teams that have picked in the second round:
4 have gone 1st round Offense, 2nd round Offense
4 have gone 1st round Offense, 2nd round Defense
3 have gone 1st round Defense, 2nd round Offense
1 has gone 1st round Defense, 2nd round Defense

Position Breakdown:
QB: 5
RB: 6
WR: 10
TE: 1
DL: 3
LB: 6
CB: 2
S: 3
K: 0

Make that 2 teams that have gone defense in both rounds.  I felt that the Sabercat offense will be easier to build around with veterans, so I wanted to specifically focus on defense for now.  I'm confident that Patrick Queen is going to produce, but Jeremy Chinn should be a fun guy to watch this year too, (lots of good options in the secondary still, I feel)

EDIT: Sorry to disappont QCS.... just don't curse me over this, okay?  Lol

You're good for now, but be careful in the future

7/06/2020 4:04 pm  #373

Has anyone been paying attention...but is Zack Moss the first player to be drafted by the same city in both drafts? Bills and Bolts.

Edit: 
Zack Moss - Bills & Bolts
Jordan Love - Mallards & Packers
Devin Asiasi - Nightriders & Patriots
Derrick Brown - Panthers & Reapers

Last edited by Gritty (7/06/2020 4:09 pm)

7/06/2020 4:08 pm  #374

Gritty wrote:

Has anyone been paying attention...but is Zack Moss the first player to be drafted by the same city in both drafts? Bills and Bolts.

QCS took Derrick Brown at 9 for the Reapers, also went to the Panthers.
Darknes took Devin Asiasi at 30 for the Nightriders, also went to the Patriots.

Burmy took Jordan Love at 16 for the Mallards, which is close to Green Bay ;)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/06/2020 4:39 pm  #375

The Steelheads go RB-RB. That's a strategy we've yet to see.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/06/2020 4:42 pm  #376

Dan O'Mac wrote:

The Steelheads go RB-RB. That's a strategy we've yet to see.

My strategy was really just to take the BPA. I feel like both could be important pieces in their respective offenses even in their rookie seasons. 

7/06/2020 4:46 pm  #377

I took Claypool cause he seems like someone that can make an impact with the Steelers. Despite how much I dislike Pittsburgh, Big Ben has talent and I think Claypool can be effective for me right away. If not, he's still a great prospect.

7/06/2020 4:48 pm  #378

QCS wrote:

I took Claypool cause he seems like someone that can make an impact with the Steelers. Despite how much I dislike Pittsburgh, Big Ben has talent and I think Claypool can be effective for me right away. If not, he's still a great prospect.

I really thought you were going to double up on Panther DL and take Yetur Gross-Matos, who would've been my pick had Darknes taken AJ Dillon at 30.

7/06/2020 4:52 pm  #379

That’s the second time a WR was taken from me! I’m not gonna ask for one anymore.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/06/2020 5:03 pm  #380

I didn't go in looking to take two defensive guys, but both of my picks were high on my wish list so I went with them. I honestly didn't expect Kinlaw to drop to me so I jumped on him right away, and Winfield was always high on my list having watched him at the U and wanting the Vikes to take him.8.0.1

Board footera