Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 8:19 am  #881

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

The Miami Hammerheads have announced the hiring of head coach and Super Bowl Champion, Andy Reid. Owner Andy says it was a pretty funny coincidence that made this all happen. He says, "I attended that Super Bowl in Miami with all intentions of hiring a coach. Reid caught my eye, and I approached him after the game about a new coaching job. He had no idea who I was and began to push me into reporters."

Then after his Super Bowl, he decides to stay about a month longer in Miami. The outbreak of the Coronavirus hits, leaving Reid in Miami. I pull a few strings and manage to get a zoom call with Reid. I asked him, "If you're going to be in Miami for a while, you might as well coach a new football team, right? (Waves loads of cash in front of the camera in a rather enticing fashion.)" Reid finally gives in and gives a Press Conference about the Breaking News.

Reid keeps it short and sweet saying, "To the surprise of many, I will be taking my talents to South Beach this next season to coach the newly formed AltFL's Miami Hammerheads."

Reid quickly leaves the press conference.

Edit: Shoutout to SportsFan7 for the South Beach idea. I really couldn't pass it up this time.

Last edited by ANDY! (6/30/2020 8:20 am)

6/30/2020 8:23 am  #882

The Birmingham Vulcans are proud to announce the signing of Brett Favre as the team's new head coach. When asked why Favre, owner n00bthtpwnz gave three relatively simple reasons.

"First, I'm from Wisconsin, Brett was the star QB for the Green Bay Packers in the now defunct NFL, so it made sense to hire a Wisconsin sports legend for this position. Second, Birmingham is close to his home in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, which helped reel Brett in. Lastly, while I'm sure that almost every other owner will take someone with decades of coaching experience, I believe that having an actual former pro football player who knows exactly what the players are going through will help out the team when it is most needed".

When questions came up about stadiums and training camp facilities, n00b simply said "You'll just need to wait a little bit longer for that".

6/30/2020 8:33 am  #883

The Brawlers are proud to announce that Peyton Manning has come onboard as our head coach.

6/30/2020 8:40 am  #884

The Bolts are thrilled to announce the signing of head coach DOUG FLUTIE.

Coach Flutie will lead the Bolts to training camp at the University of Buffalo Bulls before the team takes the field at the legendary Buffalo Stampede Stadium.

#BoltsMafia

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/30/2020 8:49 am  #885

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Utah Raptors have revealed NICK SABAN as it’s next head coach for the upcoming season.

Coach Saban’s career as a Raptor will start at training camp at the University of Utah this summer.

6/30/2020 9:01 am  #886

The Nightriders announce that Mike Vrabel will be the Head Coach for Boston and that their training camp will be held in Alumni Stadium on Boston College grounds

Last edited by Darknes (6/30/2020 12:00 pm)

6/30/2020 10:03 am  #887

The Orlando Galactics announced the hiring of former CFL superstar WR Milt Stegall as head coach. They also will be hosting their training camp at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near the Disneyland Resort. 

Last edited by Wallflower (6/30/2020 10:03 am)

6/30/2020 10:06 am  #888

Associated Press
Nashville, Tennessee

SportsFan7, the owner of Copperheads Shell Company Corp. LLC, the official owners of the Tennessee Copperheads, put out the following press release today, shown below in its entirety.

We hired Eli.

Attempts to reach ownership or Mr. Manning for comment were unsuccessful.

6/30/2020 10:14 am  #889

The Toronto Beavers are proud to announce the signing of Sean Payton as their new head coach. Their training camp will be held at BMO Field.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (6/30/2020 10:15 am)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/30/2020 11:07 am  #890

The Los Angeles Sabercats are happy to announce that they have signed Doug Pederson to become their new head coach!

Board footera