Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 5:02 am  #861

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

ThisIsFine wrote:

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

Ottawa, ON
June 28, 2020

Today was a special day for Canadian football fans, and a man with a white button-up T-shirt and a tie with a plane pattern printed on it. As part of a social distance party held at the crown jewel of his enterprise, the Prince Phillip Hotel in Ottawa, Hotel Tycoon and AltHL Owner Rick Fetcher announced his purchase of the AltFL’s lone international team, the Toronto Beavers.

“Being as we’ve had so much success with the Terriers, both on and off the ice, we figured we’d expand our endeavors to the sport of Gridiron Football.” He said. “And considering there’s an AltFL franchise right in my own hometown that no one’s bothered to take yet, It was an easy choice for us. We would once again like to thank all of the people at Ice Age Entertainment for working so hard to make Ontario’s sporting dreams reality, and our essential workers on the front lines for putting up with us destroying their stocks of hygiene supplies.” The speech ended there, and Rick left the building as partygoers applauded.

The announcement comes just days after a rumor about Rick agreeing to help fellow AltHL owner Stickman cover up a suspected scandal on Canadian soil in exchange for a few tubs of Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream. Rick denied the rumors, despite being seen with a tub of cookie dough ice cream during the announcement. Stickman has yet to comment on it.

#WeTheNorth #DamGoodFootball

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Make us proud Rick!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/29/2020 6:15 am  #862

For Immediate Release

Los Angeles, CA, June 28th

It was early in the morning on the 2nd day of the Owner's Draft when word came out that the mysterious Stickman had made an acquisition of one of the teams in the AltFL.  Stickman, always an enigma, made for even more speculation on this morning when he announced he had purchased the Los Angeles Sabercats.   If he seemed odd and controversial in the past, reporters noticed a different aura around this fellow, seeming more chipper, polite, and frankly, professional.  When asked about the controversy involving owner ThisisFine and the tubs of ice cream, Stickman politely denied any understanding of the situation, joking that perhaps it was a form of Canadian humor that he didn't understand.

Reporters now speculate that perhaps this actually isn't the same Stickman at all, perhaps he has a twin that also happens to be rich enough to own a professional football team?  He just seemed so different!

6/29/2020 8:28 am  #863

For Immediate Release

June 29, 2020
Hamilton, Ontario

As word came that 3pointtally was up next in the owners draft, he hung up his work phone on the local resident calling into the fire department so he could make his pick.

"With the 14th pick in the AltFL Draft, I select, the Buffalo Bolts!"

When asked why he was choosing Buffalo, 3PT said it was a very easy choice. "Growing up less than an hour from Buffalo, it was a no brainer to lead the #BoltsMafia into the future. If people thought Bills tailgates were out of control, they haven't seen anything yet."

3PT then screamed out "D-VONNNN! GET THE TABLES!" before launching himself off his desk and through a plastic folding table covered in ketchup and mustard. The media looked at this lunatic with confusion and began to mutter among themselves "how the hell does this guy help run a fire department?" as they all shuffled their way out of the press conference.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/29/2020 10:33 am  #864

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

Ottawa, ON
June 28, 2020

Today was a special day for Canadian football fans, and a man with a white button-up T-shirt and a tie with a plane pattern printed on it. As part of a social distance party held at the crown jewel of his enterprise, the Prince Phillip Hotel in Ottawa, Hotel Tycoon and AltHL Owner Rick Fetcher announced his purchase of the AltFL’s lone international team, the Toronto Beavers.

“Being as we’ve had so much success with the Terriers, both on and off the ice, we figured we’d expand our endeavors to the sport of Gridiron Football.” He said. “And considering there’s an AltFL franchise right in my own hometown that no one’s bothered to take yet, It was an easy choice for us. We would once again like to thank all of the people at Ice Age Entertainment for working so hard to make Ontario’s sporting dreams reality, and our essential workers on the front lines for putting up with us destroying their stocks of hygiene supplies.” The speech ended there, and Rick left the building as partygoers applauded.

The announcement comes just days after a rumor about Rick agreeing to help fellow AltHL owner Stickman cover up a suspected scandal on Canadian soil in exchange for a few tubs of Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream. Rick denied the rumors, despite being seen with a tub of cookie dough ice cream during the announcement. Stickman has yet to comment on it.

#WeTheNorth #DamGoodFootball

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Make us proud Rick!

Thanks... John.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/29/2020 10:36 am  #865

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 29th, 2020
Seattle, Washington

As the Owner’s Draft ticked down, soon it was “~Bear”’s pick. Why is his name ~Bear? Why does he have a tilde in his name? These were all questions that wouldn’t be answered.

What would be answered, though, was the novel owner’s choice of a team: the Seattle Steelheads. “I’ve always been drawn to the Pacific Northwest” the Carolinian said (quite puzzlingly to most of the reporters). “While I may not be an experienced, uh, owner, I promise to do my best to give the city of Seattle a winning football team.”

~Bear then left the press conference, mumbling about stadium naming rights.

6/29/2020 10:57 am  #866

FOR IMMIDIATE RELEASE

CHARLOTTE, NC - Denver Bighorns owner and local hockey hero QCS hosted a press conference today with very short notice, while cancelling similar press conferences in Louisville, San Antonio, and St. Louis. Back in his hometown, QCS announced that he would be selecting the Carolina Reapers with the 16th pick in the AltFL Owner Draft.

"Some may seem surprised by this, given my distaste for the name. While I maintain my beliefs, I also couldn't pass up the chance to finally have a team in my home city. And so, I take control of the Reapers with the intention of building the best team the Queen City has ever seen!" 

Despite the speculation, QCS said he only resolved to take the Reapers if they were available as the owner draft progressed. "Yeah, the Emperors were #1 and the Scarecrows were #2, but the Reapers but #3 and they were available for me! I'd like to express my gratitude towards Commissioner Overlord Gritty and fellow owner Dr.Pepper for designing a brand that has completely won me over. My Charlotte sports empire begins here!"

QCS then said he had to leave the conference, mentioning a meeting with local businesses to discuss sponsorships.

6/29/2020 11:27 am  #867

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

When generically-named businessman Andy got the call that he was on the clock, all thoughts and feelings were rushed and probably lost. He was looking pretty stressed as his colleagues told AltSPN. They said, "He is just flustered...there isn't another way to describe it. Then he told us the  the words of the great MC Hammer." "Stop. Hammer time." And he was gone. 

And that's how it all happened. 

I write this still in a bit of a perplexed state, but my pick is in. With the 17th pick of the AltFL Owners' Draft, I select the Miami Hammerheads. I really, REALLY toggled with this one, but ultimately I knew it was the choice I needed to make. As I submitted multiple entries per round, and only having the credit of these vice colors, I realized the importance of this team to me, and I really could not pass it up. 

6/29/2020 2:20 pm  #868

WithaCapitalG wrote:

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- Just outside the construction site of the new stadium, thousands of fans eagerly awaited into the night for the lights to drop and the video board to light up. Just as many were trickling out, heading home and hoping for more luck in day two of the draft, the jumbotron flickered.

The well-known scene from Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park played to a hushed audience. Muldoon had traversed into the jungle to find the raptor only to be surprised by the cunning creature. "Clever girl," he says just as the lights shot up and WithaCapitalG stepped out.

"This is exciting for me personally," WithaCapitalG said, "I had dinosaur parties when I was a kid. Believe it or not, I thought I was actually going to grow a raptor tail when I was little."

WithaCapitalG is also the majority owner of the AltHL's Chicago Ghosts. The past few months, he's been dealing with some tough times but the past few weeks have shown that nothing bad lasts forever and that he's here to stay.

"This expands the footprint of what myself and my team are comfortable with," WithaCapitalG said, "We're most mid-western or southern folk than anything. We'd eyed places like Kansas City, Tennessee, and San Antonio for a spot but this brand is just too good to pass up."

WithaCapitalG went on to detail the possible marketing strategies the fans can interact with on game days. Renderings of the original Jurassic Park gates and the horrifying screeches of a Velociraptor on third down playing over the loud speakers were just a few of the ideas mentioned.

"Overall, I'm thrilled to see you all stay up to watch this reveal. This is going to be a fun one," WithaCapitalG said.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I make custom pocket pros on the side. You bet the Raptor just moved to the top of my list.

Don’t want to crowd this thread, but it’s hard to quote cross threads. Seems you and I have similar design preferences with all the teams you were considering! (Three were from me) Good luck with your pocket pro for Utah, making the helmet stripe was so tedious. It isn’t 100% right in the 3D mock, so if you want the 2D presentation just to get an idea of the whole thing feel free to shoot a message my way. And I mean if you wanna do one for KC and send it out to AZ I wouldn’t be opposed haha!

6/29/2020 5:41 pm  #869

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

WithaCapitalG wrote:

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- Just outside the construction site of the new stadium, thousands of fans eagerly awaited into the night for the lights to drop and the video board to light up. Just as many were trickling out, heading home and hoping for more luck in day two of the draft, the jumbotron flickered.

The well-known scene from Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park played to a hushed audience. Muldoon had traversed into the jungle to find the raptor only to be surprised by the cunning creature. "Clever girl," he says just as the lights shot up and WithaCapitalG stepped out.

"This is exciting for me personally," WithaCapitalG said, "I had dinosaur parties when I was a kid. Believe it or not, I thought I was actually going to grow a raptor tail when I was little."

WithaCapitalG is also the majority owner of the AltHL's Chicago Ghosts. The past few months, he's been dealing with some tough times but the past few weeks have shown that nothing bad lasts forever and that he's here to stay.

"This expands the footprint of what myself and my team are comfortable with," WithaCapitalG said, "We're most mid-western or southern folk than anything. We'd eyed places like Kansas City, Tennessee, and San Antonio for a spot but this brand is just too good to pass up."

WithaCapitalG went on to detail the possible marketing strategies the fans can interact with on game days. Renderings of the original Jurassic Park gates and the horrifying screeches of a Velociraptor on third down playing over the loud speakers were just a few of the ideas mentioned.

"Overall, I'm thrilled to see you all stay up to watch this reveal. This is going to be a fun one," WithaCapitalG said.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I make custom pocket pros on the side. You bet the Raptor just moved to the top of my list.

Don’t want to crowd this thread, but it’s hard to quote cross threads. Seems you and I have similar design preferences with all the teams you were considering! (Three were from me) Good luck with your pocket pro for Utah, making the helmet stripe was so tedious. It isn’t 100% right in the 3D mock, so if you want the 2D presentation just to get an idea of the whole thing feel free to shoot a message my way. And I mean if you wanna do one for KC and send it out to AZ I wouldn’t be opposed haha!

Starting with the full-body raptor first then going from there. It should print just fine. Mine will be 3D printed but if you wanted a factory one, send me a PM.

6/29/2020 10:19 pm  #870

My apologies. I was busy this evening but prior to the draft CC asked me to submit his pick because he was predisposed today.  I will let him write his press release when able but he is proud to announce his purchase of the SAN ANTONIO PHANTOMS.

Board footera