Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2020 4:33 pm  #1

NHL Villain Teams

Well we obviously talked about players we loved watching..how about players we hated to watch play against our team?

C Nazem Kadri - Kadri has me in a love and hate relationship, he's incredibly good..but god did he do some dumb things especially in the first rounds.

LW Matt Cooke - Marc Savard, need I say more?

RW Thomas Vanek - Vanek scares the ever living bejeesus out of me, no matter how much of a funk he could be in. If he played the Bruins he was scoring one..if not two against us.

D PK Subban - I just loathed him during his stint in Montreal, i hated his flopping, his cheap shots..it was always fun those games against the Habs..but god did Subban drive me up a wall. 

D Aaron Rome - Nathan Horton, I feel bad..I thought if he didn't get that hit that night in the Garden, I thought the series would have been finished quicker.

G Brandon Holtby - I had some options here between Price and even Binnington. But I always go back to the fact even if it was to save their own lives, the Bruins could NEVER get past Holtby and Caps. 

6/18/2020 5:05 pm  #2

Re: NHL Villain Teams

Oh, ho. A challenge.

C: Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta Thrashers. Yes, he's a good player. But watching Leafs TV as a kid,  I hated him. Love him now that I've matured a little, but...

LW: Steve Downie. Tried to murder Dean McAmmond in the corner one year. Practically jumped the net to do it too. Was NOT pleased as a kid. I was so relieved when McAmmond was OK.

RW: Alexei Kovalev, Ottawa Senators. Might seem weird since I'm a Sens fan, but his lack of effort on the Sens pissed me off.

D: Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins. This is a love hate relationship, cause Chara is also one of my favorites but a hit on a Habs player I can't remember really made me hate him for a bit. 00

D: Can't say I really have another defence man that I hate, so I'll have to go with Tomas Kaberle, Toronto Maple Leafs. He's great, but his skill was scary as a Sens fan.

G: Alex Auld, Ottawa Senators. His high reputation coming into Ottawa and his lack of performance, or even caring just rubbed me wrong growing up.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/18/2020 5:13 pm  #3

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Oh, ho. A challenge.

C: Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta Thrashers. Yes, he's a good player. But watching Leafs TV as a kid, I hated him. Love him now that I've matured a little, but...

LW: Steve Downie. Tried to murder Dean McAmmond in the corner one year. Practically jumped the net to do it too. Was NOT pleased as a kid. I was so relieved when McAmmond was OK.

RW: Alexei Kovalev, Ottawa Senators. Might seem weird since I'm a Sens fan, but his lack of effort on the Sens pissed me off.

D: Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins. This is a love hate relationship, cause Chara is also one of my favorites but a hit on a Habs player I can't remember really made me hate him for a bit. 00

D: Can't say I really have another defence man that I hate, so I'll have to go with Tomas Kaberle, Toronto Maple Leafs. He's great, but his skill was scary as a Sens fan.

G: Alex Auld, Ottawa Senators. His high reputation coming into Ottawa and his lack of performance, or even caring just rubbed me wrong growing up.

Oh yes the Chara hit on Max Pacioretty, a really unfortunate way to learn who Pacioretty was. 

6/18/2020 5:20 pm  #4

LW-Brad Marchand, the Rat himself, no other real way to put it, his reputation proceeds him.

C-Taylor Hall, I feel like he could have a reputation as a team chemistry killer kinda follows him, evidenced by his draft lottery record.

RW-Corey Perry, his litany of cheap shots, (especially the whole Winter Classic debacle).

D-Robert Bortuzzo, the hit on Arvy that knocked him out made me lose respect for the guy.

D-PK Subban (2018-2019 version), his effort just tanked once he started dating Lyndsey Vonn.

G-Marek Mazanec, supposed to be the next Nashville starter, never ceased to disappoint us.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/18/2020 7:54 pm  #5

Wallflower wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Oh, ho. A challenge.

C: Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta Thrashers. Yes, he's a good player. But watching Leafs TV as a kid, I hated him. Love him now that I've matured a little, but...

Oh yes the Chara hit on Max Pacioretty, a really unfortunate way to learn who Pacioretty was. 

And damn scary to witness. I've never hated a favorite player so much as I did Chara that night.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera