Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2020 10:10 am  #1

European Dashball Alliance

Side note: If you don’t know the rules of Dashball, check out ItDosentMatters National Dashball League
The year is 2022, Dashball, a rapidly growing sport in North America, has made its way to Europe with a new league set to begin that spring called the European Dashball Alliance. The league was founded by British Billionaire Martin Jameson and German Sport Lover Paul Reich, who will also be the leagues fist president. There will be 8 founding teams, The London Teacups, Dublin Shamrocks, Paris Chevaliers and Madrid Toros in the West Division. In the East you have the Berlin Brewers, Hamburg Hounds, Helinski IceBreakers and the Rome Emperors. The first season will be up later today

Last edited by Rugrat (6/18/2020 10:18 am)

6/18/2020 10:30 am  #2

Re: European Dashball Alliance

You got IDM's approval to start this, right?

6/18/2020 11:04 am  #3

Burmy87 wrote:

No but it’s not like he has it trademarked or anything

6/18/2020 11:15 am  #4

Rugrat wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

It's a matter of RESPECT...just hold off until IDM says one way or another is my suggestion.

6/18/2020 11:21 am  #5

Rugrat wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Have you checked in with the USPTO? You might want to get your facts straight before making a claim like that. 😂

Jokes aside, it's good etiquette if you want to do a spin-off of someone else's work to make sure that person is okay with it first. It seems like you plan to run your league independently of mine, and if that's the case, consider this an all clear! (If that's not the case, PM me and let me know what the plan is.)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/18/2020 11:30 am  #6

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Have you checked in with the USPTO? You might want to get your facts straight before making a claim like that. 😂

Jokes aside, it's good etiquette if you want to do a spin-off of someone else's work to make sure that person is okay with it first. It seems like you plan to run your league independently of mine, and if that's the case, consider this an all clear! (If that's not the case, PM me and let me know what the plan is.)

Thank you! What team will you be a fan of in this?

6/18/2020 11:55 am  #7

Rugrat wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Knowing nothing but their names, probably either Paris or Rome.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/18/2020 12:36 pm  #8

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Knowing nothing but their names, probably either Paris or Rome.

Yeah, i can't design my own logos. Let alone try to upload stuff to this site.

6/18/2020 12:52 pm  #9

Here it is, the first season of the EDA!
The first game in EDA history was played in London between the hometown Teacups and the visiting Hamburg Hounds. Unfortunately, for fans of the Cups, the Hounds beat em' 199-107. The first points in league history were scored by Hamburg's Patrick Fluery. In the west, the Madrid Toros, lead by defensive player of the year Josef Perez, finished 15-3 and claimed the West crown. Coming in second were the Shamrocks who came out of nowhere to finish second. Led by Ireland natives K.C. Sampson and Donald Daly, the Rocks went 10-8 and in the playoffs. Third and Fourth went to the Chevaliers and Teacups respectively. Paris was the leagues youngest team, with an average age of 21.8 years. London though was just bad but managed to upset Madrid on the last day of the year.
In the East, nobody seriously challenged the IceBreakers for first place in the East. led by MVP and OPOY Manu Rask, the Breakers cruised to an undefeated 18-0 season. Helinski was soon to be known as Hell-Inski do to it's loud fans. The Emperors though went the other way, they lost all 18 of their games to finish 0-18. They had no offense or defense, which can be a problem. After the season (which included a loss to Helinski 276-58) team owner Giuseppe Martini was forced to sell the team. Unless he can find a buyer in Italy, they could be headed elsewhere. Meanwhile the last playoff spot in the east would come down to the two German teams. Berlin, led by American star Jeff Davenport, had the leagues second-best defense (only behind Helinski) whereas the Hounds had a balanced attack led by Hungarian born star Sam Gunter. In the end though the Brewers knocked off the Hounds on the last day of the season 187-126 to head to the playoffs.
Standings
East
HEL 18-0
BER 11-7
HAM 10-8
RME 0-18
West
MAD 15-3
DUB 10-8
PRS 8-10
LDN 3-15
Awards
MVP: Manu Rask (Helinki IceBreakers)
COTY: Peter Westphal (Helinski IceBreakers)
OPOY: Manu Rask (Helinski IceBreakers)
DPOY: Josef Perez (Madrid Toros)
How did your team do?

Last edited by Rugrat (6/18/2020 12:54 pm)

6/18/2020 1:38 pm  #10

I usually pick my teams based on a logo/uniforms when not in the U.S., without those factors, I'm looking for a city I like, which are not currently represented.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera