Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2020 8:35 pm  #31

Re: Robin Island Baseball Federation

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Been liking the looks all around, QCS! Just could use a few minor tweaks that would elevate, but this is the first year so there is plenty of time for that. Only big one is the Shockers. I really enjoy the "SJ" sickle design and the colors, making it close to my favorite team. I think changing the white text on the yellow to brown text would help the overall look. It is a unique palette and I think using it whenever possible would make them the sharpest team on the field. Other than that, just keep stroke size in mind when it comes to outline. If a couple of these were beefed up a little I would mistake them for pro caliber logos. Great start!

Thanks! I always appreciate feedback and comments and I like to make my designs as good as possible to start off, but at the same time there will always be some clunkers in a league and some will look better than others. Not to mention I want to have a reason to make updates later on, haha. As for San Juan, changing the white to brown on the away will probably be made for their first update. Tomorrow we'll get to the first season!

6/12/2020 9:24 pm  #32

Go Robins!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/13/2020 5:21 pm  #33

Hey all, sorry 'bout the delay! I'm back with the first RIBF season!

The story of the season was the Senators, who took the league by storm and finished with the best record by far. The Emeralds were able to finish 2nd in the RBL, a great team but not good enough to defeat the mighty Senators. Behind them were the Shockers who had a fine season, but didn't have the strength to challenge for the RBL. Behind them were the Robins, who had by far the best pitcher in the RIBF. SP Taizo Miyagi was on fire for the whole season, finishing with a 2.30 ERA, 17 Wins, 170 K, and a whopping 21 Complete Games. Despite this, the Robins' weak hitting kept them from greatness. The Monarchs finished last in the RBL, decimated by injuries all season. Finally, the Canaries were second to last and naturally fans around the league discussed the fate of the Canaries. However, Commissioner Aoyama stated that no decision would be made until after the postseason series was over. 

In the SBL, the Carp had a good hold over the league for a couple months, but late in the season the Shrikes climbed to the top of the standings and didn't let go. Aorin still has a good team, featuring both offensive and pitching power, but couldn't get it done in the homestretch. Behind them were the Tigers and Crusaders, both teams never really competing for the crown but Toramoto earned small bragging rights by finishing ahead of the Crusaders in the final standings. 

As for the league itself, everything went smoothly despite early hiccups. However, when it became clear that the Senators were the best team in the league, accusations began flying in that the league had somehow rigged the season. The federal government, with a vested interest in the league, even began an investigation into it, wanting to ensure that their morale-boosting sport wasn't corrupt and potentially damaging. The results of the finals are needed before the report is finished, but rest assured that the league has a damaged image as of now.

And so, the first season of this fledgling league concluded! The playoffs are simple as of now: the winner of each division plays each other in a best of seven to determine the league champion. This year, the Senators and Shrikes will duke it out. How did your team do? Who do you think will win? C&C Welcome!

6/13/2020 9:51 pm  #34

The first-ever Robin Island Championship Series has officially concluded, and here are the results!

Anyone who previously thought the league was rigged in favor of the Senators was quickly proven wrong. The Shrikes were able to take Game 1 at Yoshida Field with a 2-0 shutout before the Sens recovered in time to take Game 2. However, they needed to take at least one game in Shinōsaka to win it all and they couldn't do it. By Game 5, the Sens were simply out of gas and they took an 8-2 battering to hand the Shrikes the victory. Shinosaka C Natsuki Asai was named series MVP, batting .526 with 10 H and 1 HR. 

YOUR 1955 RICS CHAMPIONS ARE: SHINOSAKA SHRIKES!

NEXT: League Rebranding + The Fate of Yosemite

6/15/2020 1:08 am  #35

I don't think moving Yosemite is a good idea, especially this early. This is one of the premier cities in terms of fanbase dedication, and to spurn them this early will close any possibility of baseball maintaining its position at the top of the sports landscape in a city that is culturally and historically significant and unique. If the owner wants to move the team simply because he wants more money, let the league take control of Yosemite until they can find a new owner and come to an agreement with the city about a stadium project built in the familiar red-brick style, and give Bartram a new team somewhere else.

As for the season, I decided to be a Monarchs fan. I was disappointed, but there's always next year!

I  l I K E  t H I S

6/15/2020 11:36 am  #36

H-Town1141 wrote:

I don't think moving Yosemite is a good idea, especially this early. This is one of the premier cities in terms of fanbase dedication, and to spurn them this early will close any possibility of baseball maintaining its position at the top of the sports landscape in a city that is culturally and historically significant and unique. If the owner wants to move the team simply because he wants more money, let the league take control of Yosemite until they can find a new owner and come to an agreement with the city about a stadium project built in the familiar red-brick style, and give Bartram a new team somewhere else.

As for the season, I decided to be a Monarchs fan. I was disappointed, but there's always next year!

It’s not my fault their owner isn’t very good at planning ahead.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/15/2020 12:28 pm  #37

Before the fate of the Yosemite Canaries was announced, the RIBF has finished their rebranding and revealed the new look in a press conference.

In what is almost an overreaction, the league completely reversed course from the "rising sun" imagery and instead went with a cherry blossom as the main focus. In keeping with the sport, a baseball was hidden in the center of the flower. The color scheme of pink, black, and white were declared completely off-limits for any RIBF team. A modified shield shape was also included as an alternate logo. 

While no final announcement was made regarding Yosemite, the league did say that whatever happened, they remained committed to baseball in Yosemite and want to keep the team in the city for as long as possible.

6/15/2020 12:31 pm  #38

Additionally, I made some sigs! The reason I held off on them earlier is because they have the new league logo on them. Enjoy!

None for the Yosemite franchise to avoid spoilers. Enjoy!

6/15/2020 2:32 pm  #39

That pink stands out on every single one of those sigs, which means it will stand out on every single jersey.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/15/2020 2:42 pm  #40

Dan O'Mac wrote:

That pink stands out on every single one of those sigs, which means it will stand out on every single jersey.

As of now in-universe, the league's logo doesn't appear on the jerseys. When it does, it'll be the alt matched with the color palette of the team it goes on. As for the sigs, I put the logo on there to have it a "signature" of sorts to have the league itself represent on the sig.

Board footera