Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2020 1:57 pm  #351

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

I love the vice colors in Miami B (I love ANYTHING in vice colors) but the logo could be more defined. 

5/17/2020 3:54 pm  #352

Wow, a lot of great submissions! As far as how I voted:
Birmingham - B
Dallas - A
Miami - A (although I agree that the color scheme on B is better)
Orlando - F
San Antonio - A
Tennessee - C

But seriously, many great logos in here. 

5/17/2020 4:16 pm  #353

Birmingham: A (them and B are equally awesome, but I voted for A because it looks different enough from the real-life WFL Vulcans)
Dallas: A (the best detailed-and thought-out one of the bunch...I LOVE the football lace mask too)
Miami: A (A more detailed logo...the color scheme can always be switched up down the road)
Orlando: F (It's like somebody read my mind...that's almost EXACTLY like an idea I had, with the "OG-comet" logo.  Also, purple and orange is a truly underrated color scheme).
San Antonio: A (a LOVELY design, which does justice to the team which will most likely have the largest Hispanic fanbase...we ALL love Dia de los Muertos imagery, and it was a lovely touch sneaking the Alamo into the base of the skull and on top of the T.  In fact, I know a secret about this...but I'm not gonna tell anyone until the contest is finished).
Tennessee: C (I could see this superimposed on one of the more modern NFL-style helmet designs...a nice, simple look that does its subject justice and serves as a mark for fans of the team)

5/17/2020 7:05 pm  #354

Awesome work everyone.  I will reveal the winning logos for the SOUTH tomorrow.  The NORTH logos are coming in and looking good as well make sure you get yours in by Wednesday!

For the South, tomorrow I will map out the guidelines for the uniform competition.  While the due dates won't be for a little while I will give you the guidelines so that you know where we are going.  If you are more of a uniform designer than you are a logo designer you can get started! 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

5/17/2020 7:48 pm  #355

What template do we plan to use for the uniforms?

5/17/2020 8:08 pm  #356

JamHeronArk wrote:

What template do we plan to use for the uniforms?

I'll include it when I roll out the guidelines. Does anyone have a strong 2D football template? 

Last edited by Gritty (5/17/2020 9:01 pm)

5/17/2020 10:05 pm  #357

These all are great, and I love the options for the Galactics! For the Phantoms, I want to proclaim my love for the skeleton horse design, and I would love to see that on a helmet.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/18/2020 6:47 am  #358

OOO! Something I can weigh in on! I'm way better on the uniforms than the logo front.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/18/2020 3:45 pm  #359

The logos for the AltFL South! A strong start to the league.

After looking at our winning entries I am give everyone a quick poll to take.  This will be a ONE TIME ONLY opportunity to alter a winning logo.  I don't like changing winning designs because I don't like going against the wishes of the group.  However, I noticed that we have three winning teams that have a teal as a color.  Additionally, the two Florida teams main color is Purple.  Therefore since the Miami logo was mine, I am willing to change its colors to diversify our Southern Division (if it be the wish of the league).  My original design..which I still like, was meant to use Charlotte Hornets colors.  Others have expressed interest in a Miami Vice color scheme for the Hammerheads which I think could be cool as well.  So...here are the two candidates for Miami's identity.  Quickly vote and I will reveal Miami's final identity tomorrow. Like I said, we won't be doing this for any other logos but I wanted to give everyone the option.  If we choose the Miami Vice color scheme I will share the 'credit' points with Andy!, who suggested that color scheme through the second logo option for Miami.  

MIAMI HAMMERHEADS LOGO RUN OFF
https://forms.gle/R15JpLdn3zrh8yNU6 

Remember the AltFL NORTH is Wednesday! Currently, the teams with the fewest submissions are Carolina and Boston, so if you want to play the odds that's where to go.  The AltFL WEST is due on Saturday.  

Stay tuned tonight with some guidelines about the upcoming uniform round.  

5/18/2020 3:50 pm  #360

That's really cool of you to do, Gritty. I appreciate all you're doing, and willingness to change your design to make a more cohesive league.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera