Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2020 9:17 pm  #341

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

I see my crusade was futile for Toronto. Better luck next time I suppose. Was I close at least, Gritty?

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (5/12/2020 9:17 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/12/2020 9:38 pm  #342

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I see my crusade was futile for Toronto. Better luck next time I suppose. Was I close at least, Gritty?

For Toronto...the national animal won by quite a bit.  The Philadelphia Eagles of the AltFL.  But I feel you...here were the standings.

Beavers = 92 points
Dukes = 83 
North Stars = 76
Towers = 74
Moose = 73 

5/14/2020 1:35 pm  #343

Just an update for those of you still thinking about submitting logos for the South.  We have a great amount so far.  The two teams that have the fewest are Miami and Tennessee (if you want to play the odds.)  The poll drops Saturday!

5/16/2020 8:41 am  #344

It is officially time to begin the voting process for the AltFL SOUTH.  We had a record number of entries this go-around.  Let's keep it up as we move to the AltFL NORTH. If you requested a design from me, I did as many as I could.  Some people had similar ideas so I folded ideas together.   At first, I said we were going to reveal all of the logos together.  I then realized it would be nice to see what the logos look like as we design the future divisions. We will try to avoid similar color schemes and styles if we can.  That poll will close SUNDAY NIGHT.  

AltFL SOUTH Poll:
https://forms.gle/aRJDD87Dn1UzJfRdA

The AltFL NORTH will be due on Wednesday.  

Next Saturday we will go to the AltFL WEST...
Los Angeles Sabercats
Portland Grizzlies
Seattle Steelheads
San Diego Destroyers
Arizona Scorpions
Utah Raptors

5/16/2020 3:15 pm  #345

Just so we have the logo entries in the forum and so you can check them out if you wish.

First up...Birmingham

Next...Dallas.
Miami...
Orlando...

San Antonio...the team with the most diverse entries.
Tennessee time..

5/16/2020 3:36 pm  #346

Birmingham: B
Dallas: A
San Antonio: A
Orlando: Tie between C and D
Tennessee: C

5/16/2020 10:14 pm  #347

Man, you guys make me jealous with these logos. Your design skills are freaking amazing, my friends. It was a hard pick, most assuredly, with no wrong choices.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/17/2020 12:41 am  #348

Birmingham A
Hammerheads B
Galactics D
San Antonio F
Tenn C

5/17/2020 10:24 am  #349

Just a few thoughts as always!

Birmingham Vulcans: Definitely some diverse color schemes here!  Really loved Option B, (red and dark grey/black), which is why I voted for it, but I do also really love Option C's color scheme too (don't think we've used that color combination yet in the Alt leagues). 

Dallas Bandits: Nice color schemes here as well!  Went with Option C, I liked the crisscrossed gun idea as it's different from the usual guy in mask logo we always see with western outlaw sports logos.  However, I will say I liked Option D a lot too and almost picked that one!

Miami Hammerheads: I know the "Miami Vice" Option B logo will almost certainly win, but I want to share some love for the other two options, as I actually think they are the better two logos, IMO!  Went with C here as it's bright colors fit Miami and the hammerhead design is my favorite, but I like Option A's little detail of putting shark fins in the letter A.  Very nice!

Orlando Galatics: Well, no matter which logo wins, I predict this team gets picked very early in the draft, all of these are incredible!  I actually went with E here, that shade of purple reminds me so much of the Minnesota Vikings's old glossy helmet from the 90s, which I absolutely adored!  However, Options A, C, and D are all choices I debated strongly between too!

San Antonio Phantoms: Went with E actually.  Can't help it, I kinda like the cute little Grumpy Ghost here, (yes, we have the Chicago Ghosts already in the AltHL, but my vote, my choice, right?).  In seriousness though, I definitely want to praise Option A's excellent word mark, (honestly, the best word mark I've seen yet in either league!), and out of the legitimate contenders (sorry Grumpy Ghost!) this one is the best out of the group IMO.  Also like the style of Option D, very good work there too!

Tennessee Copperheads: Big thanks to Gritty for making Option B for me!  Very nice job there!  Also want to shout out Option C too, that snake is very nice as well!

Yeah, seriously great work everyone!

5/17/2020 10:56 am  #350

For B-Ham i went with option D, I am a fan of Baseball, Old-School logos and that one caught my eye as more classy one than the others
For Dallas i like option A, again the baseball buff that i am. Plus it looks cute
For Miami option B is totally the best of all the three, you got vice colors and everything
For Orlando i like option C, i am not afraid to go 90s logos either!
For San Antonio i picked option A, altough i do like the ghost one, reminds me of the Cleveland Ghosts logo from the old AFA on CCSLC
For Tennessee i picked option B

Board footera