Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2020 9:04 am  #241

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

As we look to fight our way through the offseason we will have to have some creative fun with the Rookie Draft and the Player Draft.  But with the NFL Schedule being dropped tomorrow it has me thinking that we will have to have an AltFL schedule reveal as well.  Perhaps we could have some cool team themed schedule posters.  

5/06/2020 10:19 am  #242

Yeah!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/06/2020 10:25 am  #243

Speaking of would we have recieved a PM if we were accepted as an owner?

5/06/2020 10:28 am  #244

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Speaking of would we have recieved a PM if we were accepted as an owner?

If you had filled out the application you are in, which you are. 

5/06/2020 10:34 am  #245

AltFL Alignment Time

After all of the submissions for potential alignment it is time to vote on it.  These were the most common submissions.  This will be a 24 hour flash poll. 

5/06/2020 10:55 am  #246

By the way some of the alignments still have Houston instead of Phoenix. Should we assume Phoenix would be in those Houston spots?

5/06/2020 11:01 am  #247

I here offer my thoughts on each option.
A - Travel and regional rivalries look mostly intact, though some teams like Philadelphia make me a little uncomfortable because it seems just a bit off. Overall, it looks good.
B - Seems good to me. Teams are placed mostly where you expect them to be. A great fit.
C - I am leery of this one. It seems to split up the Midwest weirdly (which will happen in E v. W, like the NBA), like Minnesota not being in the same conference as its two closest neighbors or Birmingham in the West. Yikes.
D - I'd rather not have Charlotte in the NE or Minnesota in a division with Louisville and not Chicago or Milwaukee. This one misses the mark for me.
E - Very much a product of the unfortunate real NFL/MLB alignments, this one has some funky deals like Nashville in with the Upper Midwest teams and Miami in that NC East. True to life, but not that good,
F - Ah, yes. The AltHL solution. This does lend itself better than some of the others. The Texas teams in the West are the only major downside I see.

5/06/2020 11:19 am  #248

SEATTLE ALIENS!!!!  Colors dark gray (spaceship) and lime green (alien, also Seahawks/Sounders color).  With a cool sci-fi font for the name and uniform numbers.  That would be the team of my dreams if done right.

Toronto North Stars is good.  

Yes to San Diego Destroyers.  There was a Virginia Destroyers in the old UFL with a military theme.

Last edited by CaliforniaGlowin (5/06/2020 11:20 am)

5/06/2020 11:27 am  #249

Wallflower wrote:

By the way some of the alignments still have Houston instead of Phoenix. Should we assume Phoenix would be in those Houston spots?

Yes that's my bad. Exactly Phoenix would be where Houston is. 

5/06/2020 11:32 am  #250

I saw in the Phoenix vote there was Scorpions twice and no Roadrunners?

Board footera