Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2020 1:37 pm  #111

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

JamHeronArk wrote:

I love that you have put this much effort into exposing how truly ridiculous this setup is. Where does the money come from? Oil. No expenses are spared when Canadian hockey is on the line.

Idk it just blew my mind. For some reason I never considered breaking norms with fiction in our fictional universe. I love this stadium for the pure insanity that it is, absolutely challenging my brain to think a different way. Same with Stickman's rotating system! What happens to the pipes? New elastic technology? Full refrigeration located on that sector of the turntable? Who knows. 

Btw I believe we all know where the money had to come from if its not raising any suspicion..

4/10/2020 3:50 pm  #112

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

I love that you have put this much effort into exposing how truly ridiculous this setup is. Where does the money come from? Oil. No expenses are spared when Canadian hockey is on the line.

Idk it just blew my mind. For some reason I never considered breaking norms with fiction in our fictional universe. I love this stadium for the pure insanity that it is, absolutely challenging my brain to think a different way. Same with Stickman's rotating system! What happens to the pipes? New elastic technology? Full refrigeration located on that sector of the turntable? Who knows. 

Btw I believe we all know where the money had to come from if its not raising any suspicion..

It's....best not to try and think about how the rotating floor would work, (which is my way of saying I have no clue and haven't the imagination to even think about it).   To be honest, my ignorant midwestern eyes see Los Angeles as this mythical like place, with money up the wazoo and the creativity of its citizens to whip up anything possible.  I also think California in general is a place where insanity and general wackiness rules, (apologies to anyone from there).   So basically, if I can think weird things up, I figured L.A. is the most appropriate place for those things to happen in.  

I really do love how everyone is handling their teams differently though!  Some, like me, prefer craziness.  Others have taken a more realistic and conservative approach.   It's been really fun watching those approaches blend together to truly create an alternate universe of sorts!

4/10/2020 6:20 pm  #113

Made an update to the Ceilidh Hall

4/10/2020 8:27 pm  #114

Couple graphics I made to celebrate the Loons first title

4/11/2020 5:29 pm  #115

Love all the work so far.  I can see that team identities are starting to form.  In this quarantine madness I am trying to keep the stages of the AltHL coming on the regular.  This week (maybe two) we are going to form our AltHL: Farm League.  

A professional hockey team is only as good as their ability to develop talent.  The AltHL Farm League is the official minor league of the AltHL.  Each AltHL owner has the opportunity to create their own minor league team.  This is for fun and also an opportunity to give everyone a chance to get one of their team names, logos, and uniforms out in the world.

Here is how it works!
-Choose your city.  Unlike the original process that called for city nominations you can choose whichever city you'd like.  You can choose the city closest to your home town, one that makes geographic sense for your AltHL franchise or a random all together.  The only rule is you can't choose a city that has an NHL or AltHL team.  Ideally you choose a legitimate minor league city and not a small township.  Keep your team to NORTH AMERICA.  We have something else in the works for the rest of the world. 

-Name your team.  Minor league team names fall on a VERY wide spectrum. You could choose to name your team after your parent club like the Binghamton Devils or Belleville Senators.  You can go the classic route that makes sense for the town like the Hershey Bears (from Hershey Bars, get it?) or a unique route like the Florida Everblades.  Or you can go the Brandiose way with a crazy team name like the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.  The only rule is that you can't use an AltHL unless it's yours), NHL, IceHL, or AHL team name (the list of that is below).

-Design a logo.  If you don't want to design your own logo I will be more than happy to help out.  You can describe the look you are interested in and we can execute it together. PM me if needed.

-Make Your Jersey
-For fun we will organize the league into an alignment.  I will track the team's success as they will mirror the success of your NHL team's AHL team.  Whatever happens in the AHL happens in our Farm League.No effort, just easy fun. -

Here is the list of teams that we can't use. I didn't give you all this list the first go around and I should have.

NHL - Bruins, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, Sabres, Lightning, Redwings, Panthers, Flyers, Penguins, Blue Jackets, Capitals, Islanders, Devils, Rangers, Hurricanes, Avalanche, Wild, Blues, Blackhawks, Predators, Jets, Coyotes, Stars, Golden Knights, Oilers, Flames, Canucks, Kings, Ducks, Sharks

AHL - Condors, Sound Tigers, Checkers, Wolves, Monsters, Eagles, Griffins, Wolf Pack, Bears, Rocket, Phantoms, Moose, Admirals, Reign, Americans, Ice Hogs, Rampage, Gulls, Barracuda, Thunderbirds, Heat, Crunch, Marlies, Roadrunners, Comets

IceHL - Alaska Huskies, Baltimore Blue Crabs, Boston Colonials, Boulder Beasts, California Wave, Edmonton Kodiaks, Helsinki Lynx, Houston Hellcats, Milwaukee Lagers, Minnesota Mammoths, Montreal Olympiques, NC Nighthawks, Salt Lake Scorpions, Seattle Aviators, St Louis Archers, Vancouver Lumberjacks, Washington Sentinels, Winterhawks, Hammers, Rush, Atlantic City Aces, Fargo Frost, Rockhoppers, Stallions, Florida Flamingos, Hartford Mariners, Mountaineers, Cosmonauts, Hamilton Steelcats, Hawaii Honu, New Orleans Gators, Portland Pioneers, Quebec Armada, Minotaurs, Detroit Chargers, Kansas City Smoke, New York Guardians, Samurai, Hitmen, Machine, Snipers, Express

The cities and team names are first come, first serve.  With that said, take your time and make them awesome!

Last edited by Gritty (4/11/2020 6:43 pm)

4/11/2020 6:45 pm  #116

*sees KC Smoke* welp, there goes my dream for a Kansas City team name. The Charlotte Racers will be proud to have the Greenville Reapers as the proud AAA affiliate, with the Myrtle Beach Skates for our AA affiliate. As for logos, as we saw with how I didn’t do anything in logo and uniform, I’m pretty useless there, so...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/11/2020 7:13 pm  #117

The Boston Rovers proudly announce their affiliation on the Triple AAA Level as the Maine Trawlers in Portland Maine with a  AA Affiliate in Manchester New Hampshire as the New Hampshire Mountain Men inspired by the Old Man of the Mountain that used to be there in the white Mountains.

4/11/2020 8:11 pm  #118

The Toronto Terriers would like to announce their AAA affiliate, the Buffalo Barrels of Buffalo, NY, and their AA Affiliate, the Vermont Syrup Kings of Burlington, Vermont.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/11/2020 9:10 pm  #119

Nice! All good choices thus far...tons to work with.  

4/11/2020 9:35 pm  #120

The Minnesota Loons would like to announce the Duluth Giants as their AAA Affiliate. The Giants name comes in reference to the cities location on the shores of Lake Superior as well as the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge in Duluth.

The Loons would also like to announce the name of their new AA affiliate, the Rochester Rattlers. To the surprise of many of you I'm sure, Southeast MN is known to have Timber Rattlers that live in the valleys of the area. Serpents are also a symbol in medicine and Rochester is home of the world famous Mayo Clinic.

Board footera