Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2020 8:48 am  #101

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

This draft order idea sounds very interesting!  I would like to see the lottery draw video if possible, (don't get me wrong, I trust your process Gritty.   I always find the NBA draft lottery really fun to watch and this sounds like this could run similarly!)

Humorously, it sounds like being drawn first is actually a bad thing in this case, neat idea!

4/01/2020 9:37 am  #102

With overall points, I'd do first drawn to get the +18, and last to get the +1. Seems more like how a "real" draft lottery would work.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/01/2020 11:06 am  #103

Welp, I think I’m getting last pick lol! All joking aside, I’m pumped for it!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/01/2020 12:00 pm  #104

I like all of this system. It retains the random elements but gives real reward to those that have provided the parts of these great identities. The draft order where first is worst and last is best really ramps up the tension. It sounds like a good idea for increasing suspense when watching (but I guess that isn't the point).

4/01/2020 12:05 pm  #105

Very excited! I think I've made it kinda obvious which team I'd like, but I'll keep my backups to myself just in case, lol. Can't wait for Friday!

4/01/2020 12:11 pm  #106

Super pumped for this week!!
Hopefully, if/when new teams are added I'll have a bit more experience and time to design for those teams

4/01/2020 1:18 pm  #107

Looking forward to the process. If I'm correct, I believe I sit with 2 points (unless I'm forgetting something, Gritty). That being said, my personal hope is to get any team that's in the Central Division.

4/02/2020 12:15 pm  #108

The next two days are BIG days for the AltHL.  Today you will see the Western Conference Jerseys.  Later today you will see the Owner Draft Order (I am having a tough time uploading the video) but the order is ready to be unveiled.  Tomorrow we will start the AltHL Draft.  I will open the draft thread around 11 ET.  With that said, off to the Western Conference.  The Western Conference took a different tone than the Eastern and Central Conferences.  

The Seattle Seawolves - you'll notice the absence of the third jersey.  I need to get the cool wave pattern from 3pointtally to make it.  So that uniform will be added soon.  

The Portland Sawblades - FC Macbeth's quest for unique and more progressive uniform styles comes to be with the Blades.  I think this set is our version of the Arizona Coyotes' Kachina uniforms.

The Vancouver Glaciers - won by 3pointtally.

The Calgary Wranglers - won by Steelman

The Los Angeles Titans - won by FC Macbeth

The San Francisco Dragons - won by Steelman 

Okay the uniforms are set. Make your official list and get ready for tomorrow!

4/02/2020 1:22 pm  #109

The league is looking good, can't wait to see what team I get!

4/02/2020 1:30 pm  #110

I'd like to see a post with all 18 jerseys together, or a link to someplace with it all of them.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera