Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2020 8:46 pm  #251

Re: The AltHL - Group C Voting & Owner Application!

Check out the second thread. We opened a second one for the logo and uniform rounds.

3/07/2020 10:22 pm  #252

Congrats to Winnipeg and Charlotte...you'll get in next time, Milwaukee.

3/07/2020 10:30 pm  #253

The number of logo submissions has really picked up over the past few days.  As requested I wanted to send out a list of all of the teams.  If the team name is bolded that means we have multiple submissions for that team.  If they are not that means they only have one logo thus far.  So if you are trying to target which team you design you can keep that in mind.  

The Eastern Conference
Boston Rovers
Montreal Chevaliers
Philadelphia Founders
New York Gargoyles
Halifax Kingfishers
Quebec Owls

The Central Conference
Chicago Ghosts
Toronto Terriers
Minnesota Loons
Winnipeg Arrows
Charlotte Racers
Denver Bighorns

The Western Conference
Calgary Wranglers
Vancouver Glaciers
San Francisco Dragons
Los Angeles Titans
Portland Sawblades
Seattle Seawolves

Check out the other thread for more information about the logo round.

3/08/2020 8:45 am  #254

That Central Conference looks rough for Charlotte. The closest opponent is Toronto, the next closest is Chicago, trips out to Denver, Minnesota, Winnipeg, that's a yikes from me.

3/08/2020 9:52 am  #255

Perhaps we'll hold another Southern Hockey Telethon next year.  

3/08/2020 12:04 pm  #256

That'd be fun, lol. It really doesn't matter since this is all fictional but I just thought it was kinda funny since we held the two extra contests to help out Minnesota a bit. 

3/08/2020 8:33 pm  #257

We are in a little bit of a holding pattern as we wait for the logo design process to run its course.  So I figured I'd give a peak at what is to come in the future of the AltHL.  Things to get excited for.  The logos have been coming in and are looking good.  Looking forward to this part of the process.

3/08/2020 9:12 pm  #258

Well if I can suggest something right off the bat for a Special Event, it'd a pre-Christmas game between Halifax and Boston. When the Halifax Explosion happened, Boston was the quickest to send supplies and help to Halifax and every year since Halifax has sent a Christmas tree to Boston which is always on display on the Commons. I think it'd be nice to honor that bond with perhaps an outdoor game on the Commons or up in Halifax

3/08/2020 9:23 pm  #259

Very exciting! In regards to "Special Events", is that about special hockey games like the Winter Classic or Stadium Series? Because if so, there's some interesting events that could take place in these somewhat unusual markets, like Darknes has suggested. 

Similarly, will the sweaters be designed/selected in the same way as the logos? And last question, I promise: will the farm league be like the major league where we all decided where teams went and the names or will that be an owner-controlled thing? I'm super excited for this all to get going, can't wait!

3/08/2020 9:37 pm  #260

So I am excited about both of these events that you guys have brought up.  With that said I don't want to get TOO far ahead of ourselves and rather just eagerly await.  Trying to keep things organized. With that said since this is Alternate Hockey we have the opportunity to do things that the NHL may not be able to do.  That means that we can host events in locations of our choosing.  The special events will include Draft, All Star Game, Outdoor Game hosts.  As for the farm league, I envision this being at the discretion of the owner with a few rules.  The goal of even including it as apart of the AltHL experience was to ensure that people who didn't get their team names selected will have the opportunity to have at least their minor league team.  With all of that said, there is a plan for all of it and will be coming soon!

Board footera