Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2024 4:50 pm  #1

AltBA Season 2024

Welcome to another season of the AltBA. We don't have a lot of time before we tip off for the fourth season but we are getting it going now. This week we are looking to hear from everyone interested in participating.

- Are you an owner interested in returning? Fill out the form.
- Are you an owner who needs to take a step back this season? Fill out the form. 
- Are you someone interested in becoming an owner? Fill out the form. 

Here's the form! 

Please fill out the form by Friday, September 15th at 11:59pm Eastern. 

If you know of anyone interested in the league please have them fill out the form or contact me directly. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/16/2024 12:32 pm  #2

Re: AltBA Season 2024

And that's that, the league has been renewed. You'll see 4 teams have changed from last season, but all staying in the same divisions, as Gritty has moved from Baltimore to become the Philadelphia Gladiators, Wallflower has moved from Louisville to become the Detroit Mustangs, and Dan O'Mac has moved from Seattle to become the Honolulu Kahunas. Also changing will be the New Orleans Revelers, as Stickman has chosen not to maintain ownership of the team, and they will be a league owned team. Since there's also a question on the schedule for you all, you have the option to select which team will be league owned!

As far as the schedule, we will be doing away with divisions. We will have a one division league, with the top teams qualifying for the playoffs. How many is up to you! The three options that are available, and pros and cons for each:
Option 1: 22 game regular season, 2 week playoffs with 4 teams qualifying.
Pros: This means every single team will face every other team in the league 2 times. No playoff byes.
Cons: only 33% of the league will make the playoffs, making it the hardest league to make the playoffs in
Options 2: 21 game regular season, 3 week playoffs with 6 teams qualifying.
Pros: 50% of the league will make the playoffs.
Cons: every team will play 1 team only 1 time, leading to a slight schedule imbalance. Two teams will get a bye in the first round of the playoffs.
Option 3: 21 game regular season, 3 week playoffs with 8 teams qualifying.
Pros: 67% of teams make the playoffs, making AltBA the easiest league to make the playoffs in. No playoff byes.
Cons: every team will play 1 team only 1 time, leading to a slight schedule imbalance. Teams 7 and 8 in the playoffs have a strong likelihood of having a losing record.

No matter your preference, the form to respond to is HERE. This will be closed Sunday, September 22nd at 11:59pm Eastern.[/b]

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (9/16/2024 12:32 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/18/2024 12:16 pm  #3

Hello! It is me, Dan O'Mac. Exciting changes already to what was announced just 2 days ago. The winning option for scheduling was a 22 game schedule with 4 teams making the playoffs. We received 11 responses already, and with a split of 5 votes for that option, and 3 for each of the other two options, the final owner's vote will not change that.

Oh yeah, a final owner. I reached out to a previous owner of an AltBA team to see if they were interested in returning to the AltBA and re-claiming their previous team, and they accepted. So please welcome back Burmy and their Washington Warbirds!

Now for the next part of the off-season: keepers. Your keepers are due =24pxSaturday, October 12th, 2024 at 11:59pm Eastern. Your budget is 60. All keepers MUST be emailed to me at AltLB.DC@gmail.com. Failure to send them to my email may result in your keepers not being properly applied. You may make trades now, all trades prior to keeper deadline must go through the council. Send those to me or Sky.

The draft will be the weekend of the October 19th. We should have a When2Meet put together for that early in that week.

I suppose a Link to the Keepers would help. It is HERE

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (9/18/2024 12:17 pm)

10/04/2024 11:31 am  #4

The Honolulu Kahunas do have some players available for trade. I'd be willing to take draft picks or a good, inexpensive player (I know, we all want those, but hey, maybe you want one of these guys more).

Myles Turner (C - IND) - $6 - 30.33 ppg
Caris LeVert (G - CLE) - $8 - 27.92 ppg
Trey Murphy (F - NO) - $3 - 25.76 ppg
Keldon Johnson (F - SA) - $9 - 25.31 ppg
Saddiq Bey (F - WAS) - $7 - 16.72 ppg - coming of ACL injury, not expected to return until December 3rd, per Fantrax
Vasilije Micic (G - CHA) - $1 - 13.69 ppg
Simone Fontecchio (G - DET) - $1 - 10.3 ppg

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/04/2024 11:32 am)

10/11/2024 10:39 pm  #5

24 hours until the deadline for keepers. Only 33% of you have sent your keepers, lets do this.

10/14/2024 10:35 pm  #6

Keepers have been entered. Please use this When2Meet to help pick the draft time.

Board footera