Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2024 9:35 pm  #61

Re: The AltFL Season 2024

Despite our offense having a decent showing, our defense was unable to keep the Emperors at bay and we drop to 1-2 to start the year. We return back home to take on the Phantoms for the first time in a few seasons, and they're looking to get their first win of the season against us. This could be a bounce-back game for us, and we'll need playmakers like DB Riley Moss to help us out, who led our defense last week with 6 total tackles, a pass deflection, and a forced fumble. We'll be wearing the same home reds, but swapping out the tan pants for white as we usually have done for South Division teams. #BlownAway #WAFC

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/29/2024 7:18 am  #62

Mr. Stickman is wanting to get his grubby little hands on another 1st Round 2025 Rookie Pick (Okay, my hands are actually clean, I get a bit germophobic sometimes...).    Seeing as there's been some interest in one of his players recently, I figure why not see what I can get for him (especially after the game he had last week!).

He is offering one WR Amari Cooper (And I can add a 2025 redraft pick in the mix.  I do have two 3rds Rounders, so I could add one of those to the offer to a good, likely playoff team.  I also have two 2nd Rounders, one of those could certainly go to a team that... might not be a playoff team this year.  Keeping in mind that I'm openingly planning on cleaning some house this offseason, so the Sabercats will likely be picking within the top 5 in next year's redraft).  If you are concerned with being down a rookie pick, I do have three 2nd rounders at the moment, I could swap one of that helps.

I am absolutely willing to adjust the terms of the deal if someone needs a WR that just proved that he can still get 20 points on a good day (and for those worried, any injury concerns seem to be alleviated, he's been practicing this week without limits) especially if a likely top 5 overall Rookie Pick could be in the mix.   But the Sabercats receiving a 1st Round Rookie Pick is a must for this offer.

Last edited by Stickman (9/29/2024 9:24 am)

9/29/2024 11:29 am  #63

The Steelheads kept rolling with a big win over San Antonio last week, and look to continue that momentum into another big divisional matchup on the road against Los Angeles. The Sabercats have struggled out of the gate, but are still tied for second place in the West at 1-2, so the more space we can put in between us and them, the better. Also, we're getting QB Jordan Love back from injury earlier than expected, which is a welcome surprise. This week, however we're highlighting WR Diontae Johnson, who is in his fifth year in Seattle but somehow hasn't been featured on a graphic until now. After re-signing with the team this offseason, Johnson finally returned to form in week 3, hauling in 122 yards and a TD from backup QB Malik Willis. #TipTheScales

10/02/2024 12:53 pm  #64

Following our first loss to the Reapers in the modern era, things aren't getting easier. We're down starting quarterback Jalen Hurts for a big divisional matchup with the Bolts. We're not sure who's starting at QB, our top two RBs are hurt, but we've still got the talent at WR, as CeeDee Lamb is the featured player this week. We'll be in the yellow helmets, white jersey, and black pants as we head to Buffalo. #GothamKnights #Ouch #WeAreHurting

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/04/2024 10:04 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/02/2024 11:01 pm  #65

The Destroyers are still searching for our first win as we head into Week 5 following a tough loss to the Buffalo Bolts, which brought our record to 0-4. This week, we will be travelling to Portland to take on our divisional rivals, the Grizzlies, who currently hold a 2-2 record. We will be donning our navy helmet, white jersey, and white pants as we aim to turn our season around. Linebacker Lavonte David is the featured player this week, having put up an impressive stat line of two sacks, eight total tackles, one forced fumble, and one pass deflection in last week's loss. #KingsintheWest

10/03/2024 5:33 pm  #66

The Steelheads went down to LA and put the hurt on the Sabercats with a dominant win. Jordan Love was shaky early on in his return to the gridiron, but clicked it into gear in the second half to more than make up for it. Our feature this week is on defense, though, as DL Nick Bosa made his impact known on the line, finishing with a total of 5 tackles, including a play late in the game where he stripped Aaron Rodgers and managed to fall on the ball for a Seattle takeaway. He, and the rest of the Steel & Teal, will have a much tougher test coming up, as our next stop is Fort Worth and the defending champion Bandits. Dallas sits at 2-2 after a pair of disappointing performances, but this is the same team that led the league in scoring each of the first two weeks, so we'll have to be ready for anything. #TipTheScales

10/03/2024 7:51 pm  #67

It might have been ugly, but a win's a win. We did about standard for our standards, but San Antonio couldn't get anything going and we coasted to another tally in the W column. Now at a surprising 2-2 (we should definitely be worse), we welcome the also-struggling Carolina Reapers to United Stadium, who earned their first win of the season in a last-minute shocker over the Emperors. Even though we're both at the bottom, it will either be an ugly game and not entertaining or just entertaining. LB Bobby Wagner held the defense strong last week, combining for 11 total tackles and a half sack against the Phantoms. We return to the regular home uniforms, swapping back in the tan pants for a truly sickos matchup. #BlownAway #WAFC

Last edited by DireBear (10/03/2024 10:44 pm)

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

10/04/2024 10:06 am  #68

Another big win last week puts the Galactics at 3-1 on the season. Everyone contributed to the win over St. Louis, but none more than the highest point-getter in K Younghoe Koo. One of the best in the game is featured in our graphic this week as we welcome Kansas City to town. We will be repping the all-purple look this week as the Scarecrows arrive in Orlando. Hopefully, they don't get too distracted by their local training camp location of Disney World. #startthecountdown #ORLvsKC2024 #preparefortakeoff #disneyworld

10/10/2024 1:20 pm  #69

Despite backup quarterback Joe Flacco's great game, YOUR New York Emperors dropped their second consecutive game to fall to 3-2 on the season. The flip side to that? The last time the Emperors lost back-to-back games, we won the championship that season. So lets get this back on track as we welcome in the Utah Raptors for Night at the Museum Night. The Raptors will see us in our yellow helmet, yellow jersey, and white pants for this one. We're going to be highlighting defensive lineman Kobie Turner, who had 1 force fumble, 2 sacks, 6 tackles, 5 of which were solo tackles, and 1 pass defended. #GothamKnights

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/10/2024 5:35 pm  #70

Well, the Seattle Steelheads are no longer undefeated, having dropped their first game of the season on the road against Dallas. We'll look to move past it, as we return home, and we face another tough test this week with the Orlando Galactics coming to town. Orlando has been a strong team all season, so there won't be much margin for error. For the second time this season, and the first time since week 1, we're featuring our quarterback, Jordan Love. Jordan spread the ball around against the Bandits, throwing for 224 yards and two TDs, along with a pretty ugly interception. #TipTheScales

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (10/10/2024 5:35 pm)

Board footera