Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2024 8:54 am  #31

Re: The AltFL Season 2024

With the schedule all released, now is the time for your reminder: 
Keepers are due this Saturday, August 24th at 11:59pm Eastern. Please submit them to me at altlb.dc@gmail.com.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (8/22/2024 8:54 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/24/2024 11:04 am  #32

Keepers are due TONIGHT

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/27/2024 9:36 pm  #33

Hey all, sorry for the delay. When you get the chance, please fill out this When2Meet for the AltFL Draft. You have until Thursday afternoon PST, when we'll pick a time. Apologies for the quick turnaround on this - life's been a little busy for me going back to school.

8/29/2024 12:48 pm  #34

I'm gonna call it here. Draft will be Saturday, August 31st at 9:30pm Eastern
That is 8:30pm Central and 6:30pm Pacific.
Mountain Time does not exist

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (8/29/2024 12:49 pm)

9/02/2024 1:19 pm  #35

Stefon Diggs has hit Buffalo's trading block.

9/05/2024 9:39 pm  #36

Okay, just because the new Emperors jerseys haven't been revealed yet doesn't mean we're not doing a jersey reveal. You're going to see YOUR New York Emperors go into Minnesota and beat the Voyageurs on our quest to win our second AltBowl. Our jersey reveal this season is showing off the subway sign of the closest active subway stop to the Polo Grounds, so now you don't have to ask why the sign is for Harlem - 148 Street. We're featuring our star Running Back, Christian McCaffrey to open the season, and hey, look, he's wearing our uniforms! #GothamKnights

9/06/2024 9:09 pm  #37

Happy Week One of the AltFL Season! 

I cannot believe that our community is beginning its fifth year doing these leagues. I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for your dedication and presence in this community. At first this universe was invented to keep us sane during the pandemic and it has grown so much since then. 

I wanted to thank Dan O'Mac for really taking the reins of the day-to-day of our Alt-Sports Universe. I have had to take a step back in a number of ways for work and other things and am so grateful for Dan for keeping things moving forward. 

Next I want to thank QCS who has been working tirelessly with me in the background over the past month of so building this Refresh Program. QCS developed a large number of these refresh concepts and then grinded out a ton of the renderings you are about to see. 

I know it took us a little bit longer to get this to you but it has been A LOT of effort to work with 20 different owners to get their teams to a place that they both get what they want while also honoring the past and the community's intentions. 

Without further adieu...here is the 2024 AltFL Refre5h Project. We have a few teams that are still working on their looks but we wanted to get you the league's refresh by Week 1. Teams are asked to put together reveals for their alternate identities the week of the game that they are going to wear them. I hope you are as blown away by our community's effort as QCS and I are. We think the league looks much cleaner than it did 5 years ago. 

AltFL Refre5h Project

Last edited by Gritty (9/06/2024 9:09 pm)

9/06/2024 11:04 pm  #38

Now that the Refre5h has been posted, here's the official post. We're going with the new yellow helmet with white over white jersey and pants.

9/06/2024 11:20 pm  #39

It's a new era for Chicago Cyclones football, both in the players that we acquired and what we're wearing on the field. We're trying to get back to the postseason after two relatively disappointing campaigns where we missed out due to points tiebreakers both times. We luckily start at home against one of those playoff teams in the Buffalo Bolts. The spotlight for the opening week is first overall pick and our new starting quarterback, Caleb Williams. #BlownAway #WAFC

Last edited by DireBear (9/06/2024 11:22 pm)

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/07/2024 12:50 am  #40

The Steelheads are looking to bounce back from a very disappointing season in 2023. We've revamped our team, especially our offense, but one major part of the offense looks the same, and that's QB Jordan Love. Love started last season as the backup to Mac Jones, which will tell you quite a bit about how our season went last year. While there are still some question marks (many people are saying that he's already played and been injured, but I don't know what you're talking about), things are looking up in Seattle. We start at home in the newly-rechristened Microsoft Edge Stadium, hosting the Scorpions, and breaking out our new-look teal uniforms for the first time. #TipTheScales

Board footera