Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2024 8:12 am  #31

Re: AltHL Refre5h

Next up are the Chicago Ghosts! 

The Ghosts were once the lovable losers of the AltHL (during the Legacy Project) as they were linked up with the NY Islanders. But once Dire took over the Ghosts in Season 2, the team has turned things around. 

The team has a 45 - 37 record. They claimed the Central Conference title in Season 2 and made it to the Alt Cup Final in Season 3. 

DESIGN - Dire + Gritty Collab

6/12/2024 10:30 am  #32

I'm seeing multiple different logos for the Wildcats, are they using both of them (the one in the first image has a different logo on the helmet, and yellow eyes and white nose and whiskers. The one in the second image has an oil drop/pawprint logo on the helmet, white eyes, and a yellow nose and whiskers)?

I love the new Ghosts logo! It feels like this could be a Pittsburgh Penguins situation, where they had this type of logo, changed to the C/ghost logo, and have now reverted to the original style.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/12/2024 1:15 pm  #33

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'm seeing multiple different logos for the Wildcats, are they using both of them (the one in the first image has a different logo on the helmet, and yellow eyes and white nose and whiskers. The one in the second image has an oil drop/pawprint logo on the helmet, white eyes, and a yellow nose and whiskers)?

I love the new Ghosts logo! It feels like this could be a Pittsburgh Penguins situation, where they had this type of logo, changed to the C/ghost logo, and have now reverted to the original style.

IDM was combining the claw idea with the oil drop from another submission - so we're working with both options at the moment. 

6/12/2024 10:48 pm  #34

Dan O'Mac wrote:

to clear things up, these are the logos edmonton will be using. credit to gritty for coming up with the idea for a pawprint/oil drop combo; I wish I had thought of that. I told gritty I wanted the pawprint logo on the helmet but I meant the humans' helmets, not the cat's 😂 should've been more specific lol

wanna echo your comments about the ghosts, too. I like their previous logo but I really like this new one. matter of fact, all the new designs so far have been really good. can't wait to see the rest of them!

6/13/2024 1:46 am  #35

I like the idea for the alternate paw drop logo but I like it less the more I look at it. It’s not even a bad logo, whatsoever. Something about almost everything besides the actual oil drop being black seems off to me. It’s called black gold. Those are two colors in Edmonton’s repertoire that were waved for white.

Speaking of black, I’m having problems adjusting to it on the jerseys. Mostly the white jersey. If black earned equal space as its counterparts in the striping, then it should have more consistency throughout. The numbers, that take up a lot of space, put an individual color on a podium without reason. A double outline isn’t always my first choice but if there was any reason for one.

Black pants could be a good way to balance the dark set.

I must stress that I think Edmonton has been and will still be an upper tier identity in the AltHL based on what the refresh has shown so far. I only comment on it because I think it’s tweaks away from being professional.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/13/2024 2:13 am)

6/13/2024 2:11 am  #36

I somehow managed to quote myself while editing so please disregard.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/13/2024 2:13 am)

6/13/2024 9:47 am  #37

I think quoting oneself is a boss move. I will use that to transition to today's first team...the Portland Sawblades. Personally one of my favorite names in the Alt Sports Universe (shoutout to Edge back five years ago for the idea). 

The Sawblades have been the class of the Western Conference in the modern era. They have an impressive 61-21 record with 4 playoff appearances. They have one 3 division titles, 2 Adams Cups and one trip to the Alt Cup Final.

The new design keeps the essence of the original but adds an elements of movement. 

DESIGNER - QCS

6/13/2024 9:55 am  #38

Next up we head to Quebec and the Owls. 

The Owls had a rough go of it during the Legacy Project. But they turned things around in the modern era. They have skated to a 52-29-1 record. They too have been to the playoffs every year thus far. 

The design features a cleaned up Owl de Lis. On the chest of the owl there are six diamond-feathers that represent the six players on the ice. The Owls continue to feature the throwback 'Q Owl' logo. 

Design - Gritty

6/14/2024 12:59 pm  #39

Happy Friday everyone! 

Next up we head out west to the Alaska Auroras. Alaska joined the league in Season 2 as an expansion team. Interestingly enough, in the original voting for Western Conference Cities the city of Anchorage was NO WHERE CLOSE to being a franchise. Cities such as Fargo, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Omaha, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, and St. Louis all were more popular. But a year later, the community were hot on Anchorage. It came second only to Edmonton, but was far more popular than the next closest city. Ursas, Polar Bears and King Crabs ultimately lost out to the Alaska Auroras.

The Auroras have a 36-32 record and went 1-1 in their first playoff appearance in Year 3. 

For their refresh, Alaska sought out an updated bear head with a more modern sweater design. 

For Legacy purposes, the Alaska Auroras will be linked with the Mighty Ducks / Ducks.

DESIGN - QCS

Alaska is also the home to the 2024 AltHL All Star Game

Last edited by Gritty (6/14/2024 1:25 pm)

6/14/2024 1:08 pm  #40

Love the new kits for the Auroras, do we know what Legacy Team they got paired with?

Board footera