Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2024 3:56 pm  #11

Re: AltLB - 2024 Season

The Arizona Thunderbirds are still looking on offers on these featured players (though feel free to reach out on the availability of any other player on our team):

The Expensives:
SP Sandy Alcantara ($17): Although he will be out the entirety of this season due to Tommy John surgery, he will still be an elite pitcher. The only major issue is his cost and his injury tag
SP Justin Verlander ($14): Just 1 year removed from a Cy Young, who was still excellent in his age 40 season. Back on the Astros after a brief stint with the Mets (love da mets), so his value will be slightly better with a better team around him.
OF Kris Bryant ($16): Regular starter for the Rockies if he doesn't remain injured. Hit for .233/.313/.367 with 10 HR's (which he can hit at Coors Field!). Has not been able to recapture the stats he had while on the Cubs, so there is a major risk in the his decreasing ability and injury concern, having not played more than 100 games in 2 seasons.

The Values:
1B Ty France ($5): Everyday starting 1B for the Mariners. Had a down season last year (.250/.337/.366 for 12 HR's) in 158 games) so if you want a relatively cheap 1B with some good value France is your guy.
OF Taylor Ward ($4): Very solid everyday starter for the Angels, batted .253/.335/.421 with 14 HR's in 91 games. Was the leadoff man for a while, but took a pitch to the face that ended his 2023 campaign. Very good value OF if you need one
RP David Robertson ($6): The veteran relief man just signed with the reigning World Series champion Texas Rangers, so he'll have a prime opportunity to get saves/holds for what should be a great team

We're open to anything regarding players (draft picks, players, etc.), so just hit us up if you want to talk trading.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

3/01/2024 1:07 pm  #12

Okay, so let's talk Bison. Were the Bison good last year? You bet! You should trade for some of those Bison players from last year to help your team this year! Here's who can definitely move:

Hitters:
2B Jonathan India ($7) - a 2B from the Reds, who appear to have quite the offense. He's shifting to a utility role, so should be picking up eligibility at 1B and OF as well!

UT Marcell Ozuna ($1) - only a single dollar nabs you a professional hitter for one of the best teams in baseball, the Braves. Marcell is a solid guy that just doesn't fit with my team going into the season due to too many OF necessitating my UT spot for them

OF Hunter Goodman ($1) - look, he was on my team last year because he was C eligible. However, he's only OF eligible this season. He would be a steal at this price point if he plays catcher. I just can't find any info telling me whether he will or won't.

Pitchers:
SP Ranger Suarez ($4) - Ranger has been a very solid pitcher for the Bison for multiple seasons, with an offense that is going to score runs, so he'll get wins even on less than stellar days. Is only 27 years old.

RP Jordan Hicks ($1) - can he throw over 100 mph? Yes! Will he be a starter this season? Long enough to gain eligibility as a SP! Here's the deal, I'm not willing to move the money around to get him into my lineup. But he'll be starting, so has a bunch of upside, and if it doesn't work, he's going back to the bullpen and you get a top end RP with SP eligibility.

SP Logan Allen ($1) - he's starting the season hurt. Periot. That's why I would be willing to move on from him, they haven't determined if it'll be an IL stay or not.

RP Colin Poche ($1) - a guy who works as a setup guy for the Rays, and even closed a couple times.

RP Mark Leiter Jr. ($1) - if he retains his job from last year, he'll be setting up for the Cubs closer this season as well!

I'll listen to offers for people not on the list as well.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/04/2024 10:59 pm  #13

This is a reminder that Keepers are due in 13 days, on March 17th at noon.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/12/2024 11:25 am  #14

This is a reminder that Keepers are due in 5 days, on March 17th at noon.

3/16/2024 12:14 pm  #15

Keepers are due in a mere 24 hours, so the half of you who haven't submitted keepers should do that.

3/19/2024 5:53 pm  #16

Hey guys! Please go ahead and fill this when2meet out so we can decide a time for the draft. Thanks!
https://www.when2meet.com/?24218716-Vnmpe

3/19/2024 8:44 pm  #17

QCS wrote:

Hey guys! Please go ahead and fill this when2meet out so we can decide a time for the draft. Thanks!
https://www.when2meet.com/?24218716-Vnmpe

Why is there no 5:30AM “Rise and Grind” option for Saturday?

3/21/2024 10:25 am  #18

I will be finalizing the draft time based on these results tonight at 9pm central time. If you haven't already, please respond to the When2Meet posted above.

3/21/2024 10:14 pm  #19

Draft will be Sunday, March 24th at 7:00pm Central.

3/26/2024 9:43 pm  #20

Okay, the draft is done, let's get ready for opening day! With opening day being just around the corner, the 2022 AltLB Champions, the Oklahoma City Bison, prepare to open the season on the road against the 2023 AltLB Champions, the Detroit Deacons. We're looking forward to the road trip to open the season, as we look to open the season with a win for the first time in the modern era. We're going to start in the standard road khakis, and are featuring star outfielder Kyle Schwarber! #WeAreOK

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (3/26/2024 9:45 pm)

Board footera