Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2023 10:53 pm  #51

Re: AltLiga Season 2023-24

What a game! It sure looked like we were going to draw with Amsterdam, but a late score by Son Heung-Min late into extra time gave Atlético a thrilling victory to keep pace at the top of the table. Having now defeated the top two teams in the league on the road in back-to-back weeks, we now get to make an extremely quick turnaround to our next game, which is in ... Australia! Love me a good 21-and-a-half hour flight. Sydney Harbour are themselves coming in from Scotland, so I guess it all works out in the end? Regardless, we're sticking with the periwinkle for a blue-vs-blue matchup on the Harbour, and we're giving the highlight to D Jarrad Branthwaite, whose 6 clearances and 4 aerials allowed for the clean sheet and the win last week.

12/05/2023 12:34 am  #52

The Golden Lions of Johannesburg got off to a hot start, with F Jay Rodriguez scoring just 15 seconds into the match against Berlin, taking a lead that we would never surrender. After a low-scoring week against CD Andes, we exploded for 4 goals in front of our home crowd to be just 6 points behind first place in the table. We stay home on this short week to welcome Tokyo Sakura to the Calabash in hopes of repeating our success against Berlin. We're staying in the teal for our second straight home game, and giving the highlight to F Neal Maupay, who scored on 4 shots while creating 2 chances and sending in 2 crosses to assist for our third straight win. #StayGold

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

12/05/2023 10:44 am  #53

And that's another win, as Eye of the Sun is now at 9-0-5 and on the season with 27 points, looking to keep pace with the top of the table. We're set to close out the first half of the season in Cairo, as we welcome 1. VfV 1158 Munich to The Pyramid. We had a really good performance by this week's featured player Jamaal Lascelles, who had moved into the Starting XI for the first time this season and responded with two clearances and eight aerials. We're going to stick in the primary kits for this one. #TheGoldStandard

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/08/2023 11:31 pm  #54

It's time for the GEO Cup! I did my best to split these teams geographically, but some just were never going to make sense. So... enjoy! Here are your Groups.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/09/2023 12:13 am  #55

The GEO Cup is happening. I don't know why I'm styling it with GEO in all caps like it's an acronym, but that's what I'm doing. We get a bonus game down in South Africa against Joburg City 94, and hopefully we can use it for a second win in the Golden Derby! We're in the main kit for this one, and we're featuring the only African player on the team, Nicolas Jackson! #TheGoldStandard

12/09/2023 12:55 am  #56

It was a pretty meh week for the Golden Lions, which was unfortunate because Tokyo decided to have a good week and as a result handed us a loss. We get a brief break from the action with the GEO Cup starting up (I think GEO is short for Geography Eography Ography, or something like that), and get another match for the Golden Derby. We'll attempt to get a bonus win against them this week (don't listen to their propaganda we beat them in week 9), and featuring this week will be midfielder Martin Ødegaard, who got an assist on 2 shots with 3 crosses and 5 chances created to boot against Sakura last week. It'll be the the standard teal kits to stay on top in the Golden Derby. #StayGold

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

12/09/2023 1:24 am  #57

With a disappointing loss to Sydney, the first half of the season has come to a close, and now it's time for the G.O. Cup. Wait, there's three letters? Where's the third one? Weird to have a silent letter in an acronym. Anyway, we've been slotted to travel up north to play St. Mungo FC, and frankly, I can't think of a place I want to be more than Glasgow in December. We'll look to repeat our result from last time and get another win, even though it probably won't mean anything. M Alfie Doughty becomes just the third player on our team to get a second feature after posting two assists against Harbour last week.

12/13/2023 1:43 am  #58

The GEO Cup has had the first matches complete, so here are the standings. The top team in each group will advance to the Championship Round that will guarantee the winners a playoff spot, so the 8 winners have a big advantage.

12/13/2023 1:47 am  #59

With a close fought loss (which we're going to claim as a win because we're better), we dropped our first game in the GEO Cup. Now, we need a little help along the way to win the Group. However, we head back home to face Inter Istanbul at The Pyramid. We're going to feature Andreas Pereira for this matchup, as we're going to wear the main kits. #TheGoldStandard

12/15/2023 2:45 pm  #60

Atlético started off our Geo Cup journey on the right foot, with a commanding win over St. Mungo. Son Heung-Min scored a goal and two assists to lead the way, but we'd be remiss if we highlighted him for a third time rather than putting the spotlight on D Marcos Senesi, who joined the starting XI for the first time this year and made a huge impact, scoring a goal while his 8 clearances helped keep the Scots off the board. We head back home for the final two games of group play, and the first one is against Olympique, who will need a win to keep their shot at the Cup finals alive.

Board footera