Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2023 4:13 pm  #91

Re: Building the League

NoE38 wrote:

I'm not Australian, but I can tell that this isn't Aussie enough, you could've added a kangaroo with a VB bottle meeting Steve Irwin at a Bunnings. But still, the best owner entry yet.

Last edited by GoosetavoMan (8/02/2023 4:13 pm)

Fictional sports league and country fanatic.
If cows were made of grass, would they feed on grass?

8/02/2023 4:14 pm  #92

And we have our clubs for Season 1 of AltLiga!

And our not-so-lucky clubs...

Be on the look out for an invite from Fantrax.

Needless to say please use the official team logo on Fantrax. We put a lot of time into developing them! 

Last edited by Gritty (8/02/2023 4:26 pm)

8/02/2023 4:52 pm  #93

Does it have to be the entire crest? For example, I was planning to use the eye of Ra from the crest as the avatar on Fantrax since so much detail would be lost from the crest at the size Fantrax displays it.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/02/2023 4:54 pm  #94

This is the downside of 16 being a hard-cap...it means these eight beautiful brands will remain unused forever.

8/02/2023 6:39 pm  #95

Gritty wrote:

And we have our clubs for Season 1 of AltLiga!

And our not-so-lucky clubs...

Be on the look out for an invite from Fantrax.

Needless to say please use the official team logo on Fantrax. We put a lot of time into developing them! 

QCS is so prevalent that they got to own a 2nd team, by kicking a Stickman out of Berlin to do so.  If that wasn't bad enough, instead of merely kicking Stick out of the AltLiga, they also then forced Stickman to shut up and take over Istanbul, no word yet on what happened to Darknes.  Moral of the story is, don't never mess with Quice!

All kidding aside, I'm so excited to get this league going!   So many great teams and something tells me this'll be our best league yet!

Last edited by Stickman (8/02/2023 6:40 pm)

8/02/2023 7:28 pm  #96

Burmy87 wrote:

This is the downside of 16 being a hard-cap...it means these eight beautiful brands will remain unused forever.

Hopefully not forever. If we can get just a few more owners we can get AltLiga TWO up and running and then there's even more drama to be had.

Stickman wrote:

Moral of the story is, don't never mess with Quice!

That's right. I'll have Berlin, you'll get Istanbul, and you'll like it.

8/02/2023 7:48 pm  #97

dark is in vegas I think

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/02/2023 8:48 pm  #98

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Does it have to be the entire crest? For example, I was planning to use the eye of Ra from the crest as the avatar on Fantrax since so much detail would be lost from the crest at the size Fantrax displays it.

I think that's fine, we just want to make sure that we aren't messing with the original designer's work. 

8/03/2023 8:28 pm  #99

Hey everyone! I'm acting as a liaison as Gritty is currently unable to post. We want to make sure we find a draft time that works for as many people as possible, so we're sending out a quick poll. I'm using a service called When2Meet that I learned about via production work that I think will work best for us. Here's how it works:
1. Sign in with your AHS username on the left. It says "Sign in" but all that really is doing is registering a name for the schedule to display. There's no email necessary. If you think your availability may change, then you can input a password so you can come back later and adjust, but that's not required.
2. Fill in your availability. You can click and drag on the schedule on the left to add your free time to the schedule. It should automatically switch to whatever time zone you're currently in. After you've added your availability to the calendar on the left, it'll show up on the one on the right, which shows the availability of everyone who's answered so far. We'll take a look at that and determine the best time!

So go ahead and fill in the When2Meet here: https://www.when2meet.com/?20780700-6fWMp. Let's try and have everyone submit their times by Friday night (August 4th), so that we have at least 24 hours to notify everyone. Thanks!

Quick edit: Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Last edited by QCS (8/03/2023 8:47 pm)

8/04/2023 2:25 pm  #100

Are we going to talk about stadiums? Because I'm going to talk about stadiums. Historically, Eye of the Sun FC played at Khedivial Botanical Gardens Stadium on the grounds of the Gezira Sporting Club, which was formed from land taken from the botanical gardens, hence the name. With the stadium in use from the date of Eye of the Sun's founding in 1917 through 2021, the stadium was old and in need of replacing. Khedivial Botanical Gardens Stadium was demolished so the grounds could be used for the new stadium. Moving to the home of the national team, Cairo International Stadium, for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 years, Eye of the Sun is ready to return to Gezira Island for the 2023-24 season.

The new stadium is a modern marvel of a stadium. Built on the grounds of the historic Khedivial Botanical Gardens Stadium on Gezira Island in the Nile, the new stadium is built with an independent canopy like SoFi Stadium of an alternate universe. The stadium is meant to look like a large glass pyramid. made of hundreds of ETFE panels, with many of them able to be opened as desired. Embedded in the canopy are ten of thousands of LED pucks that can display images and videos able to be seen both inside the stadium and out. With the pyramid canopy being just a canopy, the stadium still gets the feel of an open air stadium due to the openness of the bottom of the canopy (weird how that works) and, of course, the panels on the roof that can open. The stadium can capitalize on the completely clear nature of the roof and still supports a natural grass field. Through leases with neighboring buildings, the stadium is completely powered by solar panels and wind turbines mounted on the those buildings, providing a green solution to power. Being set on an island in the Nile, water directly from the Nile is able to be used to water the grass. To help privately fund the new stadium, the company EFG Hermes contributed much of the cost with the agreement that the new stadium would be named after the company in a 30-year naming rights deal, leading to EFG Hermes Stadium, though most locals just refer to it as "the pyramid".

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera