Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2023 10:21 pm  #81

Re: Building the League

8/01/2023 5:56 am  #82

While Mr. Stickman never has graphix (who makes time for that?  Everyone else?  Oh....), he's very excited to announce that his pick in the AltLiga is... 

BERLIN 1871!!!

Surprised?  Me too.  I hadn't thought about picking the Bears initially, (they were for a little while not even in my top 5) but as the draft has gone on, I have grown to really love the identity (helps that I named them.   Hey nepotism's a real thing, so why not?).   

Actually, y'all are probably just surprised I didn't do a controversy filled press conference this time.   That's for good reason, I'm tired of dealing with them!   So, I certainly won't be discussing the supposed events of what's on my laptop, nor my secret financial dealings with evil dictators, and especially nothing about my faux little person wrestling federation!  No, I didn't just throw children in the ring and make them pretend to be little people with no pay!  That's preposterous and offensive... and mean.  So, yeah, no talk about that stuff.  

Instead I'll leave the interview with this... CLAW AND GNAW, BERLIN BEARS!!!   That shall be the rallying cry of Berlin 1871, a club that shall fight tooth and nail for victory, while sparing no expense building the best team possible!!!  (And likely causing us to be financially insolvent for the entire time that I run the team!)

See ya all on the field!   #CLAWANDGNAWBERLINBEARS

8/01/2023 2:29 pm  #83

8/01/2023 5:06 pm  #84

Scratch took my backup so I am glad that I could snag Alfa. Fun fact, I am currently pursuing dual citizenship with Italy so this comes at a perfect time! 

8/01/2023 6:02 pm  #85

Wir sind stolz auf unsere Vergangenheit. Wir sind die Besten der Gegenwart. Wir sind hoffnungsvoll in die Zukunft. Wir sind braun für die Ewigkeit. Wir sind München. Wir sind Mönche.

Ich, MarmeladeReiherArche, nehme
1. VfV 1158 Munich.

8/01/2023 9:32 pm  #86

my mom's side of the family is gonna be so proud

8/01/2023 9:38 pm  #87

Le groupe sportif connu sous le nom de KF11 inc. (qui possède les Owls de Québec, le Caribou de Vancouver, les Destroyers de San Diego et les Condors de Los Angeles), a annoncé avoir acheté des parts majoritaires dans le club de football français Olympique de Bastille

If you don’t understand French: I’m taking Olympique de Bastille

8/02/2023 10:51 am  #88

Showtime for London Public

[img][/img]

Last edited by WithaCapitalG (8/02/2023 11:05 am)

8/02/2023 11:28 am  #89

Undisclosed location in Houston:

SIR! MR. SEVS!!!

WHAT is it Intern?

WithacapitalG picked London Public.

*starts screaming in agony*

Well then… if my pick went in an unexpected direction, perhaps a plot twist is in order…

If I can’t get London Public, why can’t I be their bitter rival?

*bagpipes suddenly play*

GIVE ME SCOTLAND OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/02/2023 1:22 pm  #90

Okay, it is finally my turn to pick.

Who is left?...

Oh, I like them....oh and that team....oh my that jersey goes so hard.

*Wallflower spirals into the never-ending hole of not-so-life-altering, pointless, deep thought, decision paralysis*

*idm can't hold his patience*

*Wallflower continues to look at each city trying to decide*

Then, Wallflower sees it...

The key to the toughest decision of his Wednesday....

WE'RE GOING TO BRAZIL BABY!!!!!!!!

Now Wallflower has to go down another decision spiral of which plane ticket to buy...

*The agony never ends*

Board footera