Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2023 6:03 pm  #2501

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Just a question I saw the player named Muscovy Russland earlier, but now he is listed as Mason, is that on purpose? Or is it a typo?

7/22/2023 6:40 pm  #2502

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Just a question I saw the player named Muscovy Russland earlier, but now he is listed as Mason, is that on purpose? Or is it a typo?

Not to answer for Wallflower, but sometimes he will adjust player's names to be a little more fitting - either a more era-appropriate or common name for realism purposes.

Looking forward to the draft! A big move by the Mariners, I hope it works out for them.

Last edited by QCS (7/22/2023 6:41 pm)

7/22/2023 11:19 pm  #2503

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Yea, it was just a change I felt like making. As QCS said, I just change them from time to time, but that one was one I was on the fence about and then decided to change after I had already posted about it. 

7/23/2023 1:32 am  #2504

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Yea, it was just a change I felt like making. As QCS said, I just change them from time to time, but that one was one I was on the fence about and then decided to change after I had already posted about it. 

Well the fun of the name is that it was just Moscow, Russia, but it is your simulation and its up to you. Just saying though, I would prefer a German or Russian name, given the character is of Volga German (also known as Russian-Germans) descent.

7/23/2023 5:41 am  #2505

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Well the fun of the name is that it was just Moscow, Russia, but it is your simulation and its up to you. Just saying though, I would prefer a German or Russian name, given the character is of Volga German (also known as Russian-Germans) descent.

yeah and I would've preferred that my player named uiua'a ting-tang-wallawalla-bingbang made it into the league but life isn't fair, kiddo

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/23/2023 9:36 am  #2506

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

I think the reason it was just Moscow, Russia was my problem with it in the end. A) it just doesn't feel like a natural name to me which I prefer to have for players that are likely to be notable players in the league and B) I don't feel as comfortable with the name due to the current state of Russia and Ukraine at the moment. I also did not realize that was the translation until someone pointed it out to me, so at that point, I desired to change it knowing what it was.

Yup, it is my series and I will do what I wish with the players, as soon as anyone gives me the player, I have control over the name, story, and any other aspect of the character. The submission is a guide, I will do my best to keep them as pure as possible, but I will always make changes that I feel I need to whether it be a name I don't vibe with or to better fit my story.

Last edited by Wallflower (7/23/2023 9:44 am)

7/23/2023 11:45 am  #2507

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

I think the reason it was just Moscow, Russia was my problem with it in the end. A) it just doesn't feel like a natural name to me which I prefer to have for players that are likely to be notable players in the league and B) I don't feel as comfortable with the name due to the current state of Russia and Ukraine at the moment. I also did not realize that was the translation until someone pointed it out to me, so at that point, I desired to change it knowing what it was.

Yup, it is my series and I will do what I wish with the players, as soon as anyone gives me the player, I have control over the name, story, and any other aspect of the character. The submission is a guide, I will do my best to keep them as pure as possible, but I will always make changes that I feel I need to whether it be a name I don't vibe with or to better fit my story.

Its all good, just happy to have some of my players in the draft. 

7/23/2023 2:08 pm  #2508

I can't find any record of anyone with the first name Muscovy. Good job with the JK Rowling-level name of an ethnic player.

7/23/2023 3:38 pm  #2509

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/23/2023 3:43 pm  #2510

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera