Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2023 10:10 am  #51

Re: Building the League

Good question. The logo edit design process is reserved for special occasions and hopefully will be used rarely. There are two situations that edits may arise: 

1.) Minor logo tweaks such as thickness of text can be made at the discretion of the designer and submitted to me. Those changes would be considered 'Touch Ups' and wouldn't require an entire community vote because they wouldn't alter the essence of the submission. I will then post a before and after to show the community how subtle the changes are. Colors, Fonts, Design will also stay the same. 

2.) The second type of change would be for the color scheme of the club. I hope that this would be used very rarely. This would be used in a similar case of the Miami Hammerheads. This occurred when we ended up with two winning logos from the same state and 1 from Kentucky that had the color purple.

There will have to be a legitimate reason to suggest  a change to a designer's work. A reason that is more than, "I just don't like this color" or "I would have done it differently". This would lead to a community vote between the original and the suggested change. 

The goal for both of these situations is to make slight adjustments to winning logos without altering them to the point that it diminishes the existing vote. Just because we have the Edit Phase does not mean we necessarily have to use it unless there is something big that comes up. 

Of course what we want to avoid is wide-spread complaining, monday morning quarterbacking, or bashing a winning design. The tenor of this Edit Experiment should be productive and civil. With that said, I will announce this phase again when we get there (which will be soon). 

7/03/2023 12:19 pm  #52

I want to thank everyone for all of their hard work on giving our community a number of options for each of these clubs. 

Due to the number of submissions for this round I wanted to give you an update as to how we will proceed: 
1.) For fairness, for any club with three or fewer submissions, those designers will be given credit as a finalist. 
2.) In order to give the community a new selection rather than simply posting the same logos I did cut those clubs down to two finalists in the poll. 

The reason we are giving them credit is because it wouldn't be fair to be third place and NOT be given credit when third place in previous polls would have. 

Since Dr. Pepper was so ahead of things, I lost their submission in the shuffle of Group C. You will see that new selection for Munich. 

FINAL VOTING HERE

Names for the Wildcard Round are due by the end of today (Monday 7/3) 

The reason there is no finalist for RIo is because we only had two finalists and thus have a winner. 

Last edited by Gritty (7/03/2023 12:23 pm)

7/05/2023 5:11 pm  #53

We purposefully skipped posting yesterday because of the holiday. 

Here are the winning crests for Group D. 

It is time to vote on the names for the Wildcard Round

VOTE HERE
Name Explanations

7/05/2023 5:16 pm  #54

I'm not seeing any voting links on the poll page, just a "3."
Could you fix that, please?

7/05/2023 5:17 pm  #55

Try it again. 

7/05/2023 5:20 pm  #56

Gritty wrote:

Try it again. 

It's working now; thank you!

7/07/2023 4:23 pm  #57

The Wildcard round now has Finalists for our final four clubs. We have a lot of different people getting some love in the Owner Standings. 

Vote for your favorites here: 
WILDCARD NAMES

7/07/2023 4:28 pm  #58

Gritty, the third option for Johannesburg has "Eye of the Sun FC - Falcons" listed as the option, so I think that snuck through from a previous group.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/09/2023 9:50 am  #59

We have to redo the Johannesburg poll quickly before releasing the winning names. I hadn't updated 'Eye of the Sun'. 

When I was replacing names from the previous round it just happened that both Eye of the Sun (Egypt) and Gauteng Sunrise FC were both from Option I. 

Vote for Johannesburg here

7/09/2023 4:29 pm  #60

UPDATE - If you didn't get a chance to vote for the other three wildcard names yet I will keep that poll open until tomorrow. 

Board footera