Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2023 4:35 pm  #1

The AltFL Season 2023

Welcome to another season of the AltFL. We have a ways before we kick off for the fourth season but we are trying to get ahead of the game in terms of organization. This week we are looking to hear from everyone interested in participating.

- Are you an owner interested in returning? Fill out the form.
- Are you an owner who needs to take a step back this season? Fill out the form. 
- Are you someone interested in becoming an owner? Fill out the form. 

Here's the form! 

Please fill out the form by Saturday, June 3. 

If you know of anyone interested in the league please have them fill out the form or contact me directly. 

Last edited by Gritty (5/30/2023 4:38 pm)

5/30/2023 4:53 pm  #2

Re: The AltFL Season 2023

Almost that time... Viva La Copperheads!

slow down the rivers of time in your mind

6/12/2023 2:07 pm  #3

It is time to kick off the 2023-2024 AltFL Season. It is hard to believe that we are officially in our fourth season of this league. 

Let's begin by once again congratulating our Alt Bowl XXIII Champions, Dan O'Mac and the New York Emperors! 

With that, we turn our attention to the new year. With 6 leagues in full swing we want to make sure that our organization is tight and our communication is clear. Therefore we appreciate your patience as we get things taken care of behind the scenes. 

AltFL HQ
I want to give a shout out to both DanO'Mac and QCS for helping out the AltFL this year. Dan O'Mac has been instrumental in prepping our rosters and keepers. QCS will be heading up the formation of this year's schedule. Beyond that they have been great thought partners as we work on ways to continually improve the league for everyone. 

Roll Call
A few weeks ago we performed roll calls for all of our fall sports (more on those coming up). After the roll call we arrived at 19 franchises that will participate this season. The Buffalo Bolts will be under league ownership (totally individual person) until we can find a user interested in owning them. 

That means that we are losing 4 franchises this year. They will remain on the shelf for future owners to acquire. This year the San Antonio Phantoms, Miami Hammerheads, Milwaukee Mallards and Toronto Beavers will take a break. 

That brings us to this year's alignment: 

I know there was somewhat of a leak of this alignment over the weekend. At the time, things weren't yet decided but now they are. A few minor changes were made. Arizona will move from the West to the South. 

A few of our guiding priorities were: 
-We wanted to keep teams with consistent ownership (since SEASON 1) in the same division. 
-We considered geography that made sense. 
-Wanted to keep long-term rivalries together. Two of which had to be moved outside of the division. 

2023 Owner Meeting
While those changes are important. We want to open it up to the other owners to suggest tweaks to the rules of the league. Please access the form below to submit your idea. I will then post on TUESDAY, JUNE 13 all of the new proposals. Owners will then vote on whether they would like to adopt the proposed rule or not. I will reveal those changes on Wednesday. 

The form will also open up nominations for the location of this year's Alt Bowl. 

Owner Meeting Submission Form

Keepers
The keeper system will remain the same for this season. Dan O'Mac has put together the following database for this year's keepers. You will NOT be required to submit keepers until after the Rookie Draft. But we thought that it would be helpful for you to see your potential roster before you develop your rookie draft strategy. Please check out the 'budget remaining' under your team. Your team will need to be at zero or positive $ before the Free Agency Draft closer to the start of the season. We are officially at the point where people will have to make really tough decisions about their rosters. This will increase more roster turnover and parity in the league. 

Keeper Database

Rookie Draft
Starting this Thursday, June 15 we will be hosting our 2023 AltFL Rookie Draft. For those who don't remember here's how it works:

-We will host a 2 round rookie draft.
-The draft order will be fixed. Below is the order for the first round.
-I have tried to reflect all of the trades that I could find in the forum and on Fantrax. We will be starting a TRADE thread to keep track this year. If you see something that is not correct please let me know and I will take care of it. 
-This is a slow draft, that means that every pick is a maximum of 24 hours. At that point we will move on to the next pick. With that said, starting Thursday please be on the look out to the thread and know when you are up. Please try to not keep everyone waiting. 
-If you believe that you will not be around for your pick, please send your wish list to Gritty. I will select the highest player on your list that is available. 

Feel free to have fun with your selections. I will open the draft on Thursday morning. At that point Section30 will be on the clock. 

This is what I have for the second round. Please let me know if there was a trade that wasn't captured. I'll update the second round order by Draft Time.

That's all for now! See you at the draft! 

Last edited by Gritty (6/12/2023 3:16 pm)

6/12/2023 2:51 pm  #4

Super excited for the Rookie Draft!   If it's alright to ask, if anybody gets a minute, could we also get the Round 2 order listed as well?   You all know me, I'm looking to wheel and deal back into the 1st Round and knowing our Round 2 pick order will help with that, haha!

Last edited by Stickman (6/12/2023 2:51 pm)

6/12/2023 3:24 pm  #5

Building on Stickman's post, your reigning champion New York Emperors have come to a trade agreement with the Kentucky Stallions.

The Kentucky Stallions will receive the 20th pick in the 2023 Rookie Draft and the first and third of the Emperors' general picks in the first round, wherever they would fall.

The New York Emperors will receive RB Jonathan Taylor.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/12/2023 3:35 pm  #6

The Boston Nightriders are officially putting DL Myles Garrett and WR Amari Cooper on the trading block. We are also willing to listen to offers regarding potentially moving up in the draft using some of our draft capital to do so.

6/12/2023 3:55 pm  #7

The Chicago Cyclones will begin hearing trade offers regarding QB Matthew Stafford and RB Austin Ekeler. We will primarily be looking for WR's and draft picks (both rookie and/or redraft), but are willing to negotiate if you name your price.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/12/2023 4:16 pm  #8

I can confirm that the Sabercats have the Nightriders' 2nd Round Pick as part of last year's Deshaun Watson trade, so we have picks # 31 and 36.   Otherwise, thanks a ton for posting the 2nd Round Rookie Draft order too!

As far as what we can offer trade wise in exchange for a Rookie 1st Round Pick, the Sabercats have spoken with other teams about players like the afore mentioned QB Watson, RB Jamaal Williams (who did lead the NFL in rushing TDs last year if I'm not mistaken), WRs Terry McLaurin and Marquise Brown, and DB Jeremy Chinn.  However, I'm willing to switch it up if I don't hear back from those owners within the next day or two for sure, so any of those could be one the trading block.

I'm also willing to discuss most other players as well, feel free to be creative!

Last edited by Stickman (6/12/2023 4:21 pm)

6/12/2023 5:58 pm  #9

The San Diego Destroyers would like to announce again that QB Aaron Rodgers is available for trade. We are mainly looking for draft picks (preferably in the redraft).

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/12/2023 6:00 pm)

6/12/2023 7:13 pm  #10

The Seattle Steelheads are willing to entertain trade offers for the following players:

QB Derek Carr (12)
WR Devin Duvernay (8)
TE Darren Waller (18)
TE Tyler Higbee (10)
DL/LB Joey Bosa (17)
DL Jeffery Simmons (10)
LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (7)
LB Drue Tranquill (6)
DB Jalen Thompson (4)
K Brett Maher (8)

We're also willing to listen to offers on any of our players for the right price. In return, we're mainly looking for picks (rookie or FA), but RB is also a need.

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (6/16/2023 6:20 am)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera